Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lost Symbol one of 2009's Worst books

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lost Symbol one of 2009's Worst books Empty Lost Symbol one of 2009's Worst books Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:41 am

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

I never liked Dan Brown and found this while reading the EW magazine. Made a load of worst of lists this yr.
http://oneminutebookreviews.wordpress.com/2009/12/24/entertainment-weeklys-5-worst-books-of-2009/

Books are all about marketing these days. Whatever has a big display at the grocery store or get endorsed by Oprah is a bestseller.

Agreed, the book sucked.

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I first heard of it's suckiness from the Colbert Report.

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's funny that it's one of the top selling books and yet I haven't heard one good thing about it.

I manage a bookstore and can atest that it undersold our projections. It was during the holiday season when we had it at 50% off that it finally started selling. That said, we got a lot back as returns after Christmas.

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't think it was horrible. I had fun with the puzzles (as I did the previous books). The inner monologues got a bit repetitive and the end was a bit too preachy for my tastes, but I've read worse.

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Yeah I did not think it was all bad. it made me want to learn more about America at that time period

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum