Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Years Resolutions

+18
ChrisToPhenom
Spider_Fan14
SexyToaster
JessJupiter
Hannibal king
BlueMaxx
Denim
FroZen
potatojoe
Tom
melvinlikechris
Thundermatts
shining knight
Silent K
shark6495
riv1
Joshua
Heytherejeffro
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1New Years Resolutions Empty New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:16 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Did you make any? Even if you didn't, there's never a better time than now to make the right changes.

I'll give you beautiful people the same assignment I gave my kids:
Give me 5 things you'd like to get done in 2010, as well as the steps you're taking in order to make them happen.

5 things can't be too hard, let's see what you've got.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

2New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:28 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm going to harness the power of all five slots to try to be less of an elitist and less cynical.

3New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:11 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I'm going to harness the power of all five slots to try to be less of an elitist and less cynical.
And what steps are we taking to make this happen, Joshua?

4New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:16 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mine:
1) Wake up before 6 on workdays: I've begun by setting one alarm at 5:10, followed by my cell alarm at 5:30 (as a back-up)
2) Get back in the ring: I've contacted my old coach and he said that I probably could climb back in for the May event (fitting month).
3) Warrior Dash!: Why wouldn't I want to do this? Check it out, seriously. Probably NY in September and MD in October (same time as BCC, how convenient!)
4) Get the finances in order: We have an advisor and he's already helped make huge strides.
5) Get something published: I think I need to get motivated to produce, and I've got enough supplies to get it going.

5New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:20 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:
And what steps are we taking to make this happen, Joshua?
I have to remind myself that everyone is entitled to an opinion, even stupid people.

6New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:25 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow, that's so....generous of you!

I didn't make any resolutions, i realized years ago i never keep them, anyway.

7New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:25 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

heres mine
loose 30 pounds (go from 238 to 208)
read 1 book a month (not school related)

i pick only two because that way I can concentrate on them

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

8New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:30 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've always found that a goal will help establish the good habits I wanted.
For example, the fight being in May and the Warrior Dashes in the Fall will force me to eat healthier and exercise under threat of physical paiin and possible humiliation.

9New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:42 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

my goal is to be well read, and I am in a wedding in the fall and my wedding in spring 2011 so I want to look decent in my tux, not look back and go where did that beer belly come from

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

10New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:45 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Joshua wrote:I'm going to harness the power of all five slots to try to be less of an elitist and less cynical.

Can I give you my five, too?

11New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:45 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:

I'm going to need them, brother.

12New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:09 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Silent K wrote:

Josh, I'll give you a quote my brother gave me involving stupidity:
"You kinda have to be thankful for what a stupid person CAN do, not angry at them for what they CAN'T."
I think that helped me change my tolerance levels in most situations, and especially in the classroom. I used to be quite the intellectual snob, and sometimes I find myself settling into old habits sometimes.

I bet you can do it, you seem to have a strong will. Very Happy

13New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:16 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Right

1 to annoy the hell out of everyone with my creepy scottishness and random bad spooling.

2: to do the same on the popcast

3: to actually hopefully appear on the popcast live

4: To finish survival of the fittest V (this could be done)

5: To do my secret 2000ad related project (again this could be done)

14New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:19 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Joshua wrote:
Silent K wrote:

Well then, if I didn't have to donate my 5 to someone who truly needs them, this is what they would be.

1. Get healthier. Mom's going to be cooking all of my meals, and I'm going to be walking and working out with one of my bestest friends every week.

2. Get paid for video work. The SoulSwitch music video is in the can and ready to melt faces. We (Jose and I) got paid to shoot a friend's wedding recently, and will be getting a nice chunk of change doing an employee video for Margaritaville. We've made some contacts with other bands, and will hopefully be on our way to fulfilling this goal very soon.

3. Continue the growth of PanelsOnPages.com, through the use of more articles, more reviews, new features, videos, contests, and con presence.

4. Buy a PoP! Fangirl of the Month Calendar. With money. You should all do the same.

5. Knize in 2010.

15New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:24 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

5. Knize in 2010.

thats my secret six

6; in knize in 2010

16New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:25 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

shining knight wrote:
5. Knize in 2010.

thats my secret six

6; in knize in 2010

*butthole pucker*

17New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:25 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

why is Knize in 2010 all the way back at number 5? That's the easiest one, brother! Go get it done! Make it happen!

And my resolution is that 2010 is the year I get paid for writing something, whether it's publishing a short story, or selling one of these damn scripts I'm one day away from finishing, but keep running into roadblocks.

18New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:28 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
Joshua wrote:
Silent K wrote:

Well then, if I didn't have to donate my 5 to someone who truly needs them, this is what they would be.
Your sacrifice is appreciated. If you die from a cholesterol-related issue this year, I'll be sure to say something really sweet at your funeral. tongue

19New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:30 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Thundermatts wrote:why is Knize in 2010 all the way back at number 5? That's the easiest one, brother! Go get it done! Make it happen!

That's why it's #5.

20New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:32 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

When people have asked what my resolution for 2010 was gonna be I've just said "generic self improvement"

but specifically:

1. Read more books
2. Don't fuck up my exams
3. Learn to play the bass guitar
4. To eventually listen to the Popcast live
5. Reduce my electricity consumption (for both economical and ecological reasons)

21New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:50 pm

Tom

Tom
Ninja
Ninja

After seeing my parents struggle with $ their entire lives, I've vowed never to be in that same position, only to see myself repeat their mistakes. So all my resolutions revolve around $ this year.

1. Save $. Not just have $ in my savings account, but by finally contributing to my 401(k). I'm starting small. Only 1%, but I plan in increasing it by 1% every 2 months. Also, when I get my annual raise, 1/2 of whatever I get will be added to my contributions. By the end of the year, I should be 7% at least. Also, I've increased my auto-transfer into my savings every pay check.

2. Buy a decent house this year, by killing myself @ 2 jobs to pay off debt and get my down payment.

3. Give more $ to charities. I believe I gave away about $500 last year. I would like to double that. That will be possible as my debt load decreases.

4. On top of my 401(k) I will also buy company stock. Nothing crazy, but 5-10 shares here and there in companies I actually use like Target, Reebok, Nike, Marvel/Disney, and Time Warner (which owns DC Comics).

5. Start saving for house #2. That's the short term. The long term is to buy a fixer-upper and either sell it or rent it. Once we get that done, it's on to house #3.

22New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:12 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

1. Move back home

2. Lose 30 pounds

3. Keep up with my school work

king

23New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:31 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mine are all just about saving more money and being a better father and husband.

24New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:31 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've been pretty good at keeping my resolutions, mine for this year are:

1. Gym 3 days a week (there will be exceptions, but not many)

2. Read more books without pictures (basically spend at least a half hour a day reading)

3. Get caught up on comics. As of today I am reading the books that came out Oct. 21st.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

25New Years Resolutions Empty Re: New Years Resolutions Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:43 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FroZen wrote:Mine are all just about saving more money and being a better father and husband.
Oh, look at me, I'm Mister High-&-Mighty. dry

...dick. Laughing

Here's my five. And damn you, Jeff. I hated these assignments in elementary school. Course you teach middle, ya? Nm.

Indirectly stealing a few here:

1) Be healthier by eating right, more exercise and less physical vices. (As in, not be as skinny and gain some better definition, I guess.)
2) Sustain myself economically a lot better. Maybe even having to find another job.
3) Read more by...reading more.
4) Spend more time with others (family, friends...) by finding time.
5) Not be so hard on myself by...not stressing things too much.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum