Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Movies Everyone Seems to Love, and the People Who Hate Them.

+22
Matt
azrael07
Goose
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
BlueMaxx
Hannibal king
supervenom
kidspider2099
Silent K
Denim
Batman25JM
potatojoe
Combo Mo
melvinlikechris
Debaser77
Administrator
FroZen
superdoug
Joshua
TENIME_art
Thundermatts
Heytherejeffro
26 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm creating a reciprocal thread to Josh's "I like that shitty movie" thread.

I have existed for years being afraid to reveal some movies that, while I understand that they are almost universally loved, I can't really get into.

Please don't hate me for hating some of your favorite movies, but:

-Goonies: I've actually lived my life pretending to like this movie until my best friend confided in me that he didn't care for it, and he felt guilty. This must be why we're friends.

-A Christmas Story: I mean, I get it, I just don't like it. I don't see how 24 hours of it makes any sense, but sure as shit, those sons of bitches pipe that flick all Christmas Day.

-Wes Anderson Movies: Is he a genius because he makes comedies that aren't funny? The few hipster-ish friends I have eat that shit up.

-Anything Monty Python: It might be funny once; no need to repeat the script at me verbatim. Teaching Medieval History opens me up to tons of assholes asking me if I taught the kids about the knights who say "neep" or whatever the fuck it is.
No, dick, I don't.

Yours?

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

seriously, Jeffro, fuck you.

Okay not seriously, but I want to punch you in the face right now.

Okay no I don't.

Yes i do.

But seriously, WTF!???? lol. lol!

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Goonies, Christmas Story & all Monty Python!? Jesus fucking Christ, dude... shake my head

I'll chime in on the Wes Anderson crap & bring up Napolean Dynamite.

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You might know what I'm going to say (Tomer), movies directed by Clint Eastwood, Mystic River and on. Seriously, go fuck yourself Clint Eastwood. The guy has no vision, or depth. He simply gets from point A to point B on the screen, and for some reason people go crazy for it and give him Oscars. Why? Cause he's going to die soon? Because he'll yell at you in his Batman voice if you don't?

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mullholand Dr. can eat my ass.

I'm sure there are others, but it's going to take some time to think of them.

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:You might know what I'm going to say (Tomer), movies directed by Clint Eastwood, Mystic River and on. Seriously, go fuck yourself Clint Eastwood. The guy has no vision, or depth. He simply gets from point A to point B on the screen, and for some reason people go crazy for it and give him Oscars. Why? Cause he's going to die soon? Because he'll yell at you in his Batman voice if you don't?

THIS.

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

YAY!

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

HTJ!!! Seriously!! Goonies?? A Christmas Story??

I just died a little inside.

I'll let the Monty Python slide cuz it's not for everyone.

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Thundermatts wrote:You might know what I'm going to say (Tomer), movies directed by Clint Eastwood, Mystic River and on. Seriously, go fuck yourself Clint Eastwood. The guy has no vision, or depth. He simply gets from point A to point B on the screen, and for some reason people go crazy for it and give him Oscars. Why? Cause he's going to die soon? Because he'll yell at you in his Batman voice if you don't?
Laughing I knew this'll come soon...

Hating Monty Python is like taking the essence of everything that is good in the world and put it through a meat grinder.

I don't think even the people claiming to like Mulholand Dr. actually liked it. To like something you must understand it first, and there's no way a sane person understood that film. At least there some good nudity and sex in there...

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Joshua wrote:Mullholand Dr. can eat my ass.

But it's got Naomi Watts naked in a lesbian scene.

What I can think of right now:

Team America: World Police (started out great, but the joke got old real fast)

Old School (a handful of great scenes, and the rest was boring as hell)

The English Patient (gorgeous cinematograpy, but the story is dull as dishwater)

I like Wes Anderson, but I didn't care for The Life Aquatic, and yes, Napoleon Dynamite sucks balls.

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Look, I said it's just a personal thing. I never liked the Goonies. Everybody around me loves it so much that I even pretended to like it, laughing at Sloth and Truffle Shuffle jokes.
See, that's the thing, I'm not hating these things to be cool or ironic or whatever, I don't like them because they do not entertain me.

Also, I think Monty Python fans are what makes me abhor Monty Python; they're ridiculously obnoxious about it.

Debaser77

Debaser77

Heytherejeffro wrote:

Also, I think Monty Python fans are what makes me abhor Monty Python; they're ridiculously obnoxious about it.

I get that. You can only hear "Ni" so many times before it gets really old. Personally, I think Holy Grail is their worst movie...it's funny, but it doesn't lend itself to repeat viewings very well, and the insatiable quoting has pretty much ruined it. For me, it's all about Life of Brian and, of course, the show.

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:

What I can think of right now:

Team America: World Police (started out great, but the joke got old real fast)

I like Wes Anderson, but I didn't care for The Life Aquatic, and yes, Napoleon Dynamite sucks balls.

The Soundtrack to Team America is absolutely amazing. Seriously, one of the best soundtracks of all time.

Ironically, the Life Aquatic is my favorite one of his movies. Odd, no?

Also, Animal House. Forgot about that one.

Debaser77

Debaser77

I love Mel Brooks, but I never laughed once at Robin Hood: Men In Tights.

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Theres a movie called Cache (which is french for Hidden) which the critics fuckin love, with many saying its one of the best films of the noughties.

I fuckin hate that movie so much! It is the most boring piece of shit ever! Seriously, fuck you Michael Haneke! pretentious austrian twat! Also his other movie Funny Games sucked balls

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

With foreign films, I had to watch this Canadian turd called Mon Oncle Antoine, which was supposed to be this amazing French (language) movie, but ended up just kind of sucking hard. Fuck you, Antoine.

My review for French Class (college) wasn't well received by my professor, seeing as how I basically shit on the movie for 2 pages. C'est la vie.

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:-Anything Monty Python: It might be funny once; no need to repeat the script at me verbatim. Teaching Medieval History opens me up to tons of assholes asking me if I taught the kids about the knights who say "neep" or whatever the fuck it is.
No, dick, I don't.
Heytherejeffro wrote:

bow

...I also have to add:

Super Troopers

Sin City

In Bruges

and anything with Bruce Campbell.

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Combo Mo wrote:
and anything with Bruce Campbell.

Not a huge Evil Dead fan, either, which makes me lose Nerd-cred, I think.

(reason for edit: Me fail English.)

Last edited by Heytherejeffro on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote: Also his other movie Funny Games sucked balls

The American version, perhaps, but the Austrian version was very, very good.

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Willy Wonka

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:Willy Wonka
This is what we like to call "Thread Synergy"

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yes

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ET
Jaws
The Wizard of Oz
Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the lost Ark
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (I know this isn't a movie a lot of people love, but some do)

potatojoe wrote:Willy Wonka

Me too.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:

And I still hate it, despite having murdered many potential babies to her and Laura Herring's breasts.

Old School (a handful of great scenes, and the rest was boring as hell)
Robin Hood: Men in Tights
Outside of the awesome reference to The Graduate and the inclusion of The Dan Band, I agree that Old School is terrible, terrible movie. I've never understood its appeal. Men in Tights is a movie that I've never heard a negative thing about, yet I've never garnered any enjoyment out of it. The last good Mel Brooks movie was Spaceballs.

I also hate Willy Wonka and the Charlie Factory. Gene Wilder is fantastic and the rest of the movie is complete garbage. It's boring and the characters are unlikable. I wish Grandpa Joe and Charlie had died by exhaust fan.

There are a lot of movies that are insanely popular that I don't hate, but am not wild about. Do those count?

ET
Jaws
The Wizard of Oz
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
This makes me sad.

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:ET
Jaws
The Wizard of Oz
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (I know this isn't a movie a lot of people love, but some do)

why do you hate Spielberg? Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum