Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Movies Everyone Seems to Love, and the People Who Hate Them.

+22
Matt
azrael07
Goose
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
BlueMaxx
Hannibal king
supervenom
kidspider2099
Silent K
Denim
Batman25JM
potatojoe
Combo Mo
melvinlikechris
Debaser77
Administrator
FroZen
superdoug
Joshua
TENIME_art
Thundermatts
Heytherejeffro
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Scarface is okay, but not as great as rappers seem to think.

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Batman25JM wrote:I know I'm going to get MAJOR crap for this (I did on the WUMB), but I didn't like Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.
At this point I've just started telling myself that something very traumatic happened to you as a child involving a shower curtain ring salesmen.
Laughing

I love Planes Trains and Automobiles.

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

The Spider-Man movies
The X-Men movies
The Twilight movies
Ratatouille
The Shrek movies
Kung Fu Panda

Also, while I have'nt seen it, I have no interest at all in seeing Fantastic Mr. Fox.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:Scarface is okay, but not as great as rappers seem to think.
You'd think rappers would like Hustle and Flow now. But that was a terrible movie and I think that even despite the gimmick, they noticed it was.

Goose

Goose
Cadet
Cadet

I think Napoleon Dynamite is funnier to talk about than it is to watch.

Also, I hate Gladiator and Avatar.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Love Gladiator (2000), and Avatar was fun.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:Laughing

I love Planes Trains and Automobiles.
Most people whose father wasn't murdered by a shower curtain ring salesmen do. tongue

The Shrek movies
Oh, shit yeah. Shrek is an awful, awful movie. And on that note, all of the Dreamworks CG animated movies are terrible movies, sans for Kung Fu Panda, which really surprised the heck out of me. The Dreamworks hand-drawn stuff is a little more hit or miss, though mostly miss.

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

^ Spot on the animated front.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:The idea that here was this kid who just studied who created his own formula gave me hope when I was a pre-teen. It got me intrested in learning science. Even though I never went through with it or achieved anything, I do owe a intrest in it to the invention of the spider web decvices.

Even as a kid, that always pissed me off.

I don't care how smart you are - this ain't happening.

I, too, was upset about the organic webs in the movie - at first. Then, I remembered my problems with the mechanical ones, and now I hate them even more.

Organic all the way.

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

TENIME_art wrote:
Denim wrote:The idea that here was this kid who just studied who created his own formula gave me hope when I was a pre-teen. It got me intrested in learning science. Even though I never went through with it or achieved anything, I do owe a intrest in it to the invention of the spider web decvices.

Even as a kid, that always pissed me off.

I don't care how smart you are - this ain't happening.

I, too, was upset about the organic webs in the movie - at first. Then, I remembered my problems with the mechanical ones, and now I hate them even more.

Organic all the way.

Yeah....I mean...has Peter exhibited much scientific prowess other than being Doc Connors bitch boy?

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

In the movies Peter's practically dumb, which makes sense with all the bad choices he makes and prepares us to the possibility of 'One More Day' occurring on the big screen in 15 years, but makes sense more than in the comics.

I loved the original webshooters and for decades it was a popular and acceptable part of Spider-Man thanks to suspense of disbelief. Then came Ultimate Spider-Man and the movie and showed that organic webshooters aren't so bad and really make sense as opposed to a mechanic device developed by a teenager, an invention no other scientist ever made before or after the wall crawler came to be. Like Knize said, it also makes sense to be part of the set of abilities he gained from the spider bite. and come on, if you're ready to just let the idiotic origin of the webshooters pass, what makes it so hard to give the organic ones the same treatment?

If I was angry about Marvel for using the movie webshooters in comics, eventually I accepted it, but was even angrier when they took it away post-OMD.

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
Yeah....I mean...has Peter exhibited much scientific prowess other than being Doc Connors bitch boy?
Well, he scientifically tore electrical cords out of a wall.
Honestly, if movie Peter Parker was so smart, he wouldn't have been delivering pizzas on a moped like some jerk-off. I always thought that, while I liked the movies, movie Peter Parker was way more of a tool than he should have been.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

HE WENT TO THE DOCTOR BECAUSE HIS "FRIEND" WAS DREAMING ABOUT SPIDER-MAN.

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:HE WENT TO THE DOCTOR BECAUSE HIS "FRIEND" WAS DREAMING ABOUT SPIDER-MAN.
That doctor looked a lot like Todd McFarlane. The doctor probably just wrote "Gay for Spider-Man" in his ledger.
Shouldn't Venom have been all hair-flippy and emo, rather than being a mean Venom?

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Heytherejeffro wrote:
Honestly, if movie Peter Parker was so smart, he wouldn't have been delivering pizzas on a moped like some jerk-off.

You make me laugh, Jeff.

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

hurm. movies i hate...

The Notebook
Twilight

yup. that's about it.

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Heytherejeffro wrote:
Silent K wrote:
Well, he scientifically tore electrical cords out of a wall.
Honestly, if movie Peter Parker was so smart, he wouldn't have been delivering pizzas on a moped like some jerk-off. I always thought that, while I liked the movies, movie Peter Parker was way more of a tool than he should have been.
Comics-Peter always had a hard life and worked in a lousy job, so that was Raimi's way to show that. I never had a problem with that angle of the films. Problem is, it seems Raimi based a lot of the character on Steve Ditko's original portrayal, something most of us are not accustomed to. Ditko's Peter was nerd jerk on the verge of becoming a sociopath, but when Ditko left Stan Lee and John Romita showed him as the sweet, romantically fool we know for the most part today.

In the movies he really, really wanted to gain money so the annoying hot redhead go out with him, no matter if a criminal gets away or his Uncle dies as a result. He was vengeful (letting the thief escape, enjoying messing with Flash). After MJ opened her heart to him, thought they were best friends - he was angry that she never chose him and resented her both in the second film and worse in the third, even humiliating her.

I know that some of this is part of the comics (the thief and Uncle Ben getting killed), but at least since Ditko the origin been portrayed as just this one tragic mistake on the part of Peter and not as something this idiot will do because it's his actual personality. If anything, Peter was always showed as the sensitive nerd who can really make it in life, but Spider-Man was using his unknown confident side, throwing one-liners and punches to super-villains. In the movie, the latter is muted and Peter and Spidey are one the same, except for Peter revealed as a resentful social nerd who can't handle anything without either putting on the red & blue costume or acting as a jerk to his surrounding.

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

[quote="Joshua"]
potatojoe wrote:

The Shrek movies
Oh, shit yeah. Shrek is an awful, awful movie. And on that note, all of the Dreamworks CG animated movies are terrible movies, sans for Kung Fu Panda, which really surprised the heck out of me. The Dreamworks hand-drawn stuff is a little more hit or miss, though mostly miss.

Kung Fu Panda just seemed like their last ditch attempt to rep off Pixar....which they failed at.

The character designs, animation, and voice acting in that movie were horrible.

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Also, a lot of fans seem to really like Transformers 2, which makes me question their sanity.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Furious Five VAs were pretty terrible, but I thought Dustin Hoffman, Ian McShane, James Hong, and Randall Duk Kim were all stellar.

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Joshua wrote:The Furious Five VAs were pretty terrible, but I thought Dustin Hoffman, Ian McShane, James Hong, and Randall Duk Kim were all stellar.

I'm a big fan of voice actors, so I tend to get pissed when celebrities get cast in animated roles. But I hate it even more when they don't even bother to try.

I loved Jeremey Irons as Scar in Lion King. I loved Rosario Dawson as Artemis in Wonder Woman, I loved Robin Williams as the Genie.

But then there's those celebs who just roll up, talk into a mic and call it a day. And Kung Fu Panda suffered horribly from that. And from what I heard in the trailer, so did Fantastic Mr. Fox.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's one reason why most of my favorite Disney animated movies tend to have small or Brodway actors, mainstream actors tend to phone it in because it's animation. There are exception to the rule of course, James Woods was spectacular in Hercules.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I get what you mean. When it comes off as a way to sell the movie. The producers and directors slap a famous name onto the character rather than going for a voice-actor who captures the character.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ I get what you mean. When it comes off as a way to sell the movie. The producers and directors slap a famous name onto the character rather than going for a voice-actor who captures the character.
I blame Aladdin for that. While celebrities have been doing voice overs in animation since Snow White, it wasn't until Aladdin that they started becoming the draw. After Aladdin it wasn't, "come see this awesome movie" it was, "Come see James Earl Jones in The Lion King" (who was awesome, as always), "Mel Gibson in Pocahontas," "Demi Moore in Hunchback of Notre Dame," etc.

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

I hate any movie by Tarantino. I use to like Reservoir Dogs, but even that makes me ill now.
Also not to thread jack but I hate Family guy and any other of the Seth Macfarlane shows

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum