Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Movies Everyone Else Seems To Like, But You Hate

+34
Off_White_Lantern
GigaToast
Matt
Debaser77
Gojiratoho
G_Zatara
jaydee74
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Frank M. Reding
BlueMaxx
kidspider2099
Rath99
MikeSabian
Captain Painway
Janson
Heytherejeffro
Denim
aequitus
(._Y_.)
Batman25JM
colossus1979
Combo Mo
Spazzy
elijahdprophet
TENIME_art
comicgeekelly
Spaced4SimonPegg
melvinlikechris
Administrator
Joshua
superdoug
potatojoe
Astro13Zombie
azrael07
38 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Rant here about movies everyone else seems to like, but that you hate.

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Im afraid to say it.
Laughing

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Do it!!!

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll say it: John Carpenter's The Thing. That movie was boring and I never got how it was such a wonder of modern horror or whatever bullshit glowing reviews have been heaped on it. I don't get it, I don't want it, and no thank you.

It causes some friction around here, because it is one of the BF's favorite horror flicks.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shrek (or more precisely, every Dreamworks animated movie that isn't Kung Fu Panda)

I'm sure there are lots, lots more, but I'm having trouble thinking of any movies I hate that are universally loved.

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Joshua wrote:Shrek (or more precisely, every Dreamworks animated movie that isn't Kung Fu Panda)
Hells yeah!

The first one was quite entertaining, but all these sequels irritate me.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Star Wars-The New Trilogy(Ep1,Ep2,Ep3) and the 'remasters' of the original. i hate all the added effects to the original trilogy.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:
Joshua wrote:Shrek (or more precisely, every Dreamworks animated movie that isn't Kung Fu Panda)
Hells yeah!

The first one was quite entertaining, but all these sequels irritate me.
I disagree.

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I remember someone did post a thread like this a little while ago.

There aren't any particularly beloved films that I hate, but some films are rather overrated IMO:

• Hurt Locker- it was good, but it wasn't that good, Inglorious Basterds should have won the Best Picture award for sure.

• Caché- apparently its brilliant? Nope, just unbearably boring.

• Inland Empire- I love David Lynch's films, but this is just too much. Too long, not enough story and lacks the interesting imagery and characters that make Lynch's other work so great.

Last edited by melvinlikechris on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:I'll say it: John Carpenter's The Thing. That movie was boring and I never got how it was such a wonder of modern horror or whatever bullshit glowing reviews have been heaped on it. I don't get it, I don't want it, and no thank you.

It causes some friction around here, because it is one of the BF's favorite horror flicks.

That was a knife through my heart Crying or Very sad

Rob Zombie's Halloween -- it would take days to complete my rant.

Tropic Thunder -- its long, boring and not funny.

Up -- that was one of the most depressing movies I have ever seen and unfunny too.

The Hangover -- I laughed once and that really wasn't a real laugh.

Superbad -- moments of funny but not nearly as funny as people make it out to be.

The Evil Dead Movies -- just didn't like them.

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:I'll say it: John Carpenter's The Thing. That movie was boring and I never got how it was such a wonder of modern horror or whatever bullshit glowing reviews have been heaped on it. I don't get it, I don't want it, and no thank you.

Agreed kinda. The first hour is sucky, but I'll sit through it to get to the much more entertaining second half of the film.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:
[list][*]Hurt Locker- it was good, but it wasn't that good, Inglorious Basterds should have won the Best Picture award for sure.
If we're just talking overrated movies and not movies we hate, then my list just got a whole lot bigger.

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just thought of two movies that I'm not sure if they're widely loved, but I know people that could watch these every freaking day: Radio and Remember the Titans. I can't stand inspirational sports movies.

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

azrael07 wrote:Star Wars-The New Trilogy(Ep1,Ep2,Ep3) and the 'remasters' of the original. i hate all the added effects to the original trilogy.

"Everyone" likes the prequels & special editions? Since when?

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:Do it!!!
Alot of people here like it.

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:

affraid

Last edited by Astro13Zombie on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
melvinlikechris wrote:
[list][*]Hurt Locker- it was good, but it wasn't that good, Inglorious Basterds should have won the Best Picture award for sure.
If we're just talking overrated movies and not movies we hate, then my list just got a whole lot bigger.

I figured overrated and hated go hand in hand.

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

I never cared for The Goonies. I see why people might like it, but it was never for me.

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

totally agree about...

Rob Zombie's Halloween.

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I Love You, Man
Ice Age
(especially part 3)
Coraline
In Bruges
Ponyo
Sin City

and of course:
Monty Python and The Holy Grail

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Astro13Zombie wrote:

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:

affraid

that's what i said, but it is the topic of the thread. not liking the goonies OR evil dead makes you communist in some parts. Wink

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

While I wouldn't say either were universally loved I hated both Funny People and Avatar.

I also really didn't like Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark or Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. The both just bored the hell out of me (Temple of Doom especially). I am planning to try watching them again. I've only seen each movie once. I hated the original Star Wars trilogy the first time I saw it and now they are some of my favorite movies. I'm hoping the same will hold true for the first two Indiana Jones movies.

I heard nothing but good things about it, and I hated Planes, Trains, and Automobiles. I found it greatly unfunny, and I LOVE Steve Martin. I couldn't even make it all the way through the movie. I may try watching it again to see if my opinion changes.

I absolutely hated, HATED Peter Jackson's King Kong. It was WAY too long, and just plain boring.

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:

Tropic Thunder -- its long, boring and not funny.

The Hangover -- I laughed once and that really wasn't a real laugh.

Agreed about Tropic Thunder. I did NOT like that movie. The only thing I liked in it was RDJ.

How many times did you see The Hangover?

It's my favorite comedy of all time. I realize it isn't everyone's cup of tea though. I will say that it gets funnier the more times you watch it. If you've only seen it once I'd suggest trying it again.

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I totally agree with ur whole list

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wall-E can lick my nutsack.

aequitus

aequitus
Cadet
Cadet

The Big Lebowski. It is the opposite of enjoyable.

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Big Lebowski- Overhyped, rather bland.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum