Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Universally hated movies and the people who love them

+21
Spaced4SimonPegg
Combo Mo
melvinlikechris
Administrator
shining knight
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Sandman
dmahoney
supervenom
BlueMaxx
potatojoe
Thundermatts
Silent K
superdoug
Batman25JM
Denim
azrael07
TENIME_art
kidspider2099
riv1
Joshua
25 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Even the worst offenders in film have fans, what are some generally despised movies that you have a soft spot for?

I am a fan of:
Ang Lee's Hulk
Batman & Robin
Street Fighter (1994)
The Phantom Menace

And probably some others that don't immediately come to mind.

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ang Lee's Hulk - hated it
Batman & Robin - liked it in a 60s homage type way
Street Fighter (1994) - didn't care
The Phantom Menace - not a big SW fan so it was fine

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i love robin hood prince of thieves its so funny only its not
supposed to be.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

While it didn't garner critical acclaim, I didn't realize Prince of Thieves was widely loathed. I love that movie!

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ang Lee's Hulk.
Daredevil.
Ghost Rider.
X-Men III: The Last Stand.
Star Wars: Episodes I-III: TPM, AotC & RotS.
Batman Forever.
Blade Trinity.
Watchmen, apparently.

I might've put Spider-Man 3 there, but the more I develop an affinity for Venom, the more "venom" flows through my veins for Sam Raimi short-changing & poorly adapting the character... dry

I don't hate Street Fighter or Batman & Robin, but I definitely would not say I "love" them, either. If we were doing a list that those movies made it on, I'd add Wolverine, both Transformers & G.I. Joe, too. I can sit there, nitpick and want to murder the people responsible for making them, or I can appreciate what little good they can offer me. (Like, I had nothing to complain about when it came to Storm Shadow!! wub)

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

terrible movies i love

Waterworld
Super Mario Bros.
The Shadow

that's about it.

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am not only a fan of the Josie and the Pussycats movie, I own the soundtrack and one of the cd case props from it.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Daredevil
X-Men The Last Stand
Spider-Man 3
Star Wars Episode I
Star Wars Episode II
Star Wars Episode III
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Alvin and the Chipmunks The Squeakquel
Blade Trinity
Superman Returns (I don't love it, but there are parts I like)
Evan Almighty
Dan in Real Life
The Pink Panther (2006)
The Pink Panther 2
Paul Blart: Mall Cop
Transformers
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
The Mummy
The Mummy Returns
National Treasure
National Treasure: Book of Secrets
Rush Hour
Rush Hour 2
Rush Hour 3
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 3
X-Men Origins: Wolverine
Armageddon

Some of these might not be "universally" hated, but I've gotten flack for liking them on these boards (and the WUMB) so I listed them.

Last edited by Batman25JM on Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Good god, I cannot stand that P.O.S. known as "Super Mario Bros." Shocked

The only thing good I can say about it, is Bob Hoskins was perfectly cast. Otherwise...Jesus Christ...

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:I am not only a fan of the Josie and the Pussycats movie, I own the soundtrack and one of the cd case props from it.

i too love that movie and own the soundtrack its on my mp3 player i love backdoor lover it's so wrong.

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love:

Ang Lee's Hulk
Josie and the Pussycats
Superman Returns (Yeah, fuckers, I SAID IT! tongue )
Transformers
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
The Mummy
The Mummy Returns
Fantastic Four
Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
The Day After Tomorrow
Waterworld
Watchmen
Cloverfield
War of the Worlds

Starship Troopers (I -hate- this movie for what it does to a classic story, but I am completely mesmerized throughout whenever I put it on. Then I hate myself afterwards. It's kind of like being back in the closet.)

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Burton)
The Day the Earth Stood Still (2009)

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Two that immediately come to mind that I love that everyone else seems to hate are The Spirit and The Happening.

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ugh The Happening makes me mad because it could have been good! And then the dialogue just sinks it!

And lets see, I'm always right, so anything I like shouldn't be hated.

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Garbage Pail Kids
Jingle All the Way
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Daredevil
The Friday the 13th remake

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Who hates Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?! Oh, wait, that's the Burton one? Ya, it is. Nevermind. Wink

Joshua wrote:
Ang Lee's Hulk
The Phantom Menace
TENIME_art wrote:Ang Lee's Hulk.
Blade Trinity.
Watchmen, apparently.

I don't know about love, but I do have a soft spot for all the above.

I'd say Watchmen's loved. Even by a lot of hardcores. Seems like more and more people love the ending far better than giant psi-squid. ;P

I'm gonna say Bill & Ted's movies. Everyone now doesn't see the cleverness and fun, they just see silly humor.

Speaking of awful Keanu, I'm gonna say Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions. Two movies pissed on because the audience didn't seem to understand as well.

Last edited by BlueMaxx on Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spider-man 3
Ang Lee's Hulk
Ghost Rider
the Transformers movies
the Star Wars prequels
House of the Dead (its hilarious in an unintentional way)

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

potatojoe wrote:Jingle All the Way

Yes!! This is a Christmas tradition with my inlaws.

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Who hates Charlie and the Chocolate Factory?! Oh, wait, that's the Burton one? Ya, it is. Nevermind. Wink

Joshua wrote:
Ang Lee's Hulk
The Phantom Menace
TENIME_art wrote:Ang Lee's Hulk.
Blade Trinity.
Watchmen, apparently.

I don't know about love, but I do have a soft spot for all the above.

I'd say Watchmen's loved. Even by a lot of hardcores. Seems like more and more people love the ending far better than giant psi-squid. ;P

I'm gonna say Bill & Ted's movies. Everyone now doesn't see the cleverness and fun, they just see silly humor.

Speaking of awful Keanu, I'm gonna say Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions. Two movies pissed on because the audience didn't seem to understand as well.

Puh-leeze. That sounds like elitism. Everyone in the world hates those movies because they didn't get them? I don't think so, how about because really, deep down, there wasn;t much to get. Just a complete convoluted mess that was paper thin. And I like those movies for the most part lol.

And for reals, Daredevil rocks, I'm with everyone there.

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

dmahoney wrote:
potatojoe wrote:Jingle All the Way

Yes!! This is a Christmas tradition with my inlaws.

Hell yeah! Amanda's Dad and I watch it every year too!

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:Good god, I cannot stand that P.O.S. known as "Super Mario Bros." Shocked

The only thing good I can say about it, is Bob Hoskins was perfectly cast. Otherwise...Jesus Christ...

http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/187-super-mario-brothers-the-movie

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Super Mario Bros. is good, cheesy fun.

Thundermatts wrote:
Puh-leeze. That sounds like elitism. Everyone in the world hates those movies because they didn't get them? I don't think so, how about because really, deep down, there wasn;t much to get. Just a complete convoluted mess that was paper thin. And I like those movies for the most part lol.

Elitism? Bit reaching there, ya? huh

The movies had allusions left and right, to various mythologies, specifically Biblical and Buddhist beliefs. Let alone the nods to literary classics. The various levels to the story would make Morrison and Moore grin. Course, Moore would say he disliked it because it is, not only an American film, but not created by him. tongue Anyways, everyone who disliked them always say the fighting and F/X were fun, but I thought those were the parts that get tiresome. I actually loved the story, and commended it for its depth. Now, I'm not saying people are stupid, they're just ignorant of some of the themes. I mean, if I wasn't into mythology and the like, I'd be wanting for Neo to hurry up and punch somebody too.

Just thought of one! Garden State. Wink Thought T-Matts'd like that choice. Laughing

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:^ Super Mario Bros. is good, cheesy fun.

Thundermatts wrote:

Elitism? Bit reaching there, ya? huh

The movies had allusions left and right, to various mythologies, specifically Biblical and Buddhist beliefs. Let alone the nods to literary classics. The various levels to the story would make Morrison and Moore grin. Course, Moore would say he disliked it because it is, not only an American film, but not created by him. tongue Anyways, everyone who disliked them always say the fighting and F/X were fun, but I thought those were the parts that get tiresome. I actually loved the story, and commended it for its depth. Now, I'm not saying people are stupid, they're just ignorant of some of the themes. I mean, if I wasn't into mythology and the like, I'd be wanting for Neo to hurry up and punch somebody too.

Just thought of one! Garden State. Wink Thought T-Matts'd like that choice. Laughing

I love Garden state i wish zach would direct another movie.

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Josie and the Pussycats
Speed Racer
Jersey Girl

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Starship Troopers
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (Burton)
I didn't know either was universally hated, but I'll add them to my list. I love me some Starship Troopers and I thought Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was infinitely better than the 70s Willy Wonka movie, a movie that I can't stand.

Speed Racer
Great choice. Speed Racer may be one of the most undeservedly hated movies because it's actually really, really good. I'm still amazed it fared so poorly at the box office.

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. For me, it was Tuesday."

I love that film so much

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum