Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Universally hated movies and the people who love them

+21
Spaced4SimonPegg
Combo Mo
melvinlikechris
Administrator
shining knight
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Sandman
dmahoney
supervenom
BlueMaxx
potatojoe
Thundermatts
Silent K
superdoug
Batman25JM
Denim
azrael07
TENIME_art
kidspider2099
riv1
Joshua
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Didn't know people hated Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, but if that's rue than add me to the list of people who liked it.

Burn After Reading. Seems to be the most poorly received Cohen brothers' film. Don't think it's great or as good as Baby Arizona or The Big Lebowski but I liked it.

The Last Samurai. This came out just when people started to hate on Tom Cruise (I'm pretty much with them nowadays), but the movie didn't deserve it. A great epic.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. For me, it was Tuesday."

I love that film so much
Best line in the whole movie, which is saying a lot, because there are some real gems.

The Last Samurai. This came out just when people started to hate on Tom Cruise (I'm pretty much with them nowadays), but the movie didn't deserve it. A great epic.
People hate The Last Samurai? That's news to me. I think it's one of the best movies ever made, though I am a sucker for Edward Zwick.

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I remember it wasn't received well, especially with Cruise doing crap in real life and affecting the movie he starred in.

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Speed Racer
Great choice. Speed Racer may be one of the most undeservedly hated movies because it's actually really, really good. I'm still amazed it fared so poorly at the box office.

I should have put this on my list...I love me some Speed Racer.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:
Jingle All the Way

That's tied with Christmas Vacation for my favorite Christmas movie. It rocks.

BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter wrote:
Speed Racer

I expected not to like this movie because I hated the cartoon, but I LOVED it. It was pure awesomeness.

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Two that immediately come to mind that I love that everyone else seems to hate are The Spirit and The Happening.

How the fuck could I forget to put The Spirit on my list!? I LOVE that movie, and everyone else HATES it!!

Also gonna add Matrix Reloaded, Unbreakable, The Village, Lady in The Water and Constantine to my list.

God damn it, do I love Constantine...

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

People don't like Unbreakable? What's wrong with people?

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah...Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is a fucking abortion.

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Yeah...Charlie and the Chocolate Factory is a fucking abortion.

Elucidate. How exactly is it an abortion when it's a more faithful adaptation of Dahl's story than the Gene Wilder film? Granted, Depp's Wonka is a little child-like, but in the book Wonka is described as a 'thin, eccentric, wiry man', which I think is an accurate description of Depp's Wonka. More accurate than cherub-faced Wilder's version. tongue

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:People don't like Unbreakable? What's wrong with people?

Laughing

When my friend, his cousin & I came out of the theater, we were the only ones who were saying how awesome it was. Everyone else was bitching.

Also, any time I hear someone wax reminiscent about M. Night, it's always "Sixth Sense & Signs were great, the rest sucked".

I saw someone mentioned Jersey Girl, and while I don't love it (I like it), I don't hate it as much as "everybody else" either, nor is it as bad of a movie as Transformers or Wolverine.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:

Elucidate. How exactly is it an abortion when it's a more faithful adaptation of Dahl's story than the Gene Wilder film? Granted, Depp's Wonka is a little child-like, but in the book Wonka is described as a 'thin, eccentric, wiry man', which I think is an accurate description of Depp's Wonka. More accurate than cherub-faced Wilder's version. tongue
While I love Gene Wilder, I agree that the rest of the movie is a wreck. The kids are too old, the added plot deviations unnecessary, and the music blows.

I'm not the biggest Burton fan, but his take on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was a breath of fresh air.

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I do love Rob Zombie's remake of 'Halloween'.

I haven't seen the sequel but I'm sure I'll like it.

Also fuck you Nostalgia Critic! Pagemaster is awesome!

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

superdoug wrote:

As seen with Watchmen, just because something is faithful to the source, doesn't mean it's a guaranteed success in the eyes of critics and fans.

It should've been a home run. Depp, Burton, Elfman...but I fucking hated every second of it. There was not one redeeming quality of this movie in my mind. I hated it SO much, my then girlfriend and I almost broke up because of my venom for it.

Wilder Wonka FTMFW.

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Postman
Rocky IV and V
Napolean Dynamite
Lady in the Water
the Star Wars prequels

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Unbreakable is one of the best superhero movies ever, and it's not even based on a comic book. While it had some plot holes, the movie was still good. I think Signs is considered worse than that one.

Clerks 2. Didn't receive the same praises as the original and mostly deemed childish, but I thought it was entertaining enough and brought closure to some of Smith's characters in a very nice way.

I don't think American Gangster is hated, but I believe it was underrated. A good combination of director + two stars in an excellent story about one of the best real life crime stories.

Rockenrolla just jumped in my head, since it was seen as Guy Ritchie's return to his old formula and, well - it was the exact same formula used in Lock Stock and Snatch, the films that made him popular. Personally, I thought it was as good as the other two and I really didn't mind the "reused" story. I wish there was a sequel.

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
superdoug wrote:

As seen with Watchmen, just because something is faithful to the source, doesn't mean it's a guaranteed success in the eyes of critics and fans.

It should've been a home run. Depp, Burton, Elfman...but I fucking hated every second of it. There was not one redeeming quality of this movie in my mind. I hated it SO much, my then girlfriend and I almost broke up because of my venom for it.

Wilder Wonka FTMFW.

I'm not a big fan of that movie, but I Christopher Lee as Wonka's father was pretty neat

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Combo Mo wrote:Napolean Dynamite
What?! At times I thought it was overrated, but hated? No way.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:
Combo Mo wrote:Napolean Dynamite
What?! At times I thought it was overrated, but hated? No way.

I don't know about universally hated (I doubt it), but I hate it.

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Halloween 3 is a guilty pleasure. I don't 'love' the film, but it does have some awesome moments (especially the ending)

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Napolean Dynamite is a movie that's generally loved that I hate. That's an entirely different thread altogether.

Wilder Wonka FTMFW.
"Cheer Up, Charlie" is one of the biggest crimes ever committed in movie music history. I'm getting sleepy just thinking about it.

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Don't get me wrong -- I love the Wilder film with all the nostalgia my forty-year old heart can muster. That version of Veruca Salt is one of my all-time favorites. But, even as a kid, I was bothered by the extreme liberties taken in adapting the novel. I wanted to see the Chocolate Palace, and the story of Willy Wonka making the deal with the Oompa Loompa's chieftain. Instead, I got weird-looking Oompa-Loompas and a Wonka that, while entertaining, wasn't anything like the one in the book.

Fun fact -- the girl that played Violet Beauregard in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory went on to play Kelly, a founding member of the kid singing group The Short Circus on The Electric Company.

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Charlie and the Chocolate is pure garbage. Just another in Burton's string of shit movies. Dude hasn't made a good movie since Sleepy Hollow. It's terrible, WWatCF is a million times better. It's fun spirited, the songs are catchy, the kids are funny, and it just rocks all around. Burton's, is just creepy. That's it. It's creepy, uncomfortable, and terrible.

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Showgirls
Black Christmas (remake)
Transformers
Underworld 1 & 2
Friday the 13th (remake)

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The Underworlds are hated!? Really!?

And, yeah, Napolean Dynamite is a universally loved movie (that I can't stand).

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Combo Mo wrote:
Rocky IV and V
Napolean Dynamite
Nobody hates Rocky IV (although my old AIM name is RockyVSucks; I hate that movie with a passion)

Napoleon Dynamite is one of the most successful cult films of all time. People don't hate it, they're just sick of it.

Also:
WHITE CHICKS
Pitch Black
Masters of the Universe
The (Dolph) Punisher (I think I must have a Dolph thing...)
Jason X
AVPR
The Condemned

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum