Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Universally hated movies and the people who love them

+21
Spaced4SimonPegg
Combo Mo
melvinlikechris
Administrator
shining knight
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
Sandman
dmahoney
supervenom
BlueMaxx
potatojoe
Thundermatts
Silent K
superdoug
Batman25JM
Denim
azrael07
TENIME_art
kidspider2099
riv1
Joshua
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Yeah, I'm the only one that hates the 70s version. Fuck that movie in the ass, unless it likes it there, then fuck it in another uncomfortable place.

Like the back of a Volkswagen.

I hate it too!! I cant stand Wider as Wonka and his singing? Ugh!

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:
Joshua wrote:Yeah, I'm the only one that hates the 70s version. Fuck that movie in the ass, unless it likes it there, then fuck it in another uncomfortable place.

Like the back of a Volkswagen.

I hate it too!! I cant stand Wider as Wonka and his singing? Ugh!

I hate it as well.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Back to the Future Part III

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman25JM wrote:Back to the Future Part III

Ditto.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:
Well then you're a dirty communist. Rocky's steely determination and thunderous fists practically felled communism.
But I love Red Dawn!

I love Back to the Future III, but I totally get why anyone wouldn't. It's pretty ridiculous, which is saying a lot for a movie where time travel is an acceptable logic.

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Howard the Duck is a favorite of mine. Great cast and a fun movie.

As far as the Wonka flicks, I like them both for differnt reasons. Are they universally hated though? I don't think they are.

Red Dawn is another favorite of mine, I am looking forward to seeing the remake on this. This is one time where I don't really mind a remake due to the fact that the origianl came out during the Cold War. The new generation has nothing to really relate to the original. I am hoping the remake is not only topical with what is going on currently in the world, but also as entertaining as the original.

Daredevil also makes my list as a movie I loved and pretty much everyone else hated also add to that the good dumb fun of 30,000 Miles to Graceland.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Unless they change the title, I don't see how they can change the new Red Dawn too much. Is that one hated too? Man.

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't think the original Red Dawn is hated as much as I think it is, but my close circle of friends seem to have a strong dislike to the movie which angers me, because I really love that movie.

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked:

The Star Wars Prequels (I thought they were good)
Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Daredevil
Josie & The Pussycats (I have no idea why, but I really thought this movie was fun)
Alvin & The Chipmunks (I really enjoyed this movie. Not sure why but it was funny)
Superman Returns (I own it on DVD. Yeah. I said it. I own it)

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:I don't think the original Red Dawn is hated as much as I think it is, but my close circle of friends seem to have a strong dislike to the movie which angers me, because I really love that movie.
They may be Communists. Be alert.

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Communists is a word I have used to describe them with them many many times.

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Also, despite their mixed reviews, I loved Burn After Reading and Clerks 2.

Also I kinda dug Snakes on a Plane.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:
Also gonna add Matrix Reloaded, Unbreakable, The Village, Lady in The Water and Constantine to my list.
God damn it, do I love Constantine...
I was even a huge Constantine fan and I thought it played well. I mean, it isn't comicbook Constantine, but it was just well done. That's the best way I can put it.

melvinlikechris wrote:I do love Rob Zombie's remake of 'Halloween'.

I haven't seen the sequel but I'm sure I'll like it.
I have yet to see the sequel, either, but found the first one more entertaining than the original. I know, I know--"WHAT?!" says all the fans.

That, The Hills Have Eyes and TCM's remakes were good too.

Tomer Soiker wrote:Unbreakable is one of the best superhero movies ever, and it's not even based on a comic book. While it had some plot holes, the movie was still good. I think Signs is considered worse than that one.
Seems to me that a lot of people forget that that is even a Shyamalan film. I think it is his best. Better than the Sixth Sense.

Heytherejeffro wrote:
Pitch Black
Masters of the Universe
Jason X
You know, I liked Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick both. And I dislike Vin Diesel. Go figure.
Masters of the Universe. Nostalgia won't let me hate that one. It is kind of cornball, moreso than I consider fun though.
Jason X. You can't hate something that pokes fun at itself and the entire franchise. You can dislike the satire, but you can't hate it. Jason unsuccessfully trying to kill holographic, sexy camperettes sells that damn movie.

Silent K wrote:
superdoug wrote:It's not Dahl's fault that the movie was made in a time when people assumed all children's fare had to be light-hearted and poor adaptations of the books they were based on.

I'd say the Burton version is more "light hearted" than the Wilder version. At the end of the Burton version...you see that all the kids are still amongst the living. In the Wilder version, they could be fucking DEAD for all we know.

Also, the Boat sequence? Come on...
Exactly. As soon as they entered the tunnel I got all excited, thinking what will they come up with, as I'm sure most did. And we get chocolate-water rafting with some drum beats. *palms side of face*

*gulp!*

*yawn.*

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I think a majority of my hate for Charlie and The Chocolate Factory can be attributed to Freddie Highmore.

"Gee Willikers! I'm in the Wonka Factory, guvnah!"

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:I think a majority of my hate for Charlie and The Chocolate Factory can be attributed to Freddie Highmore.

"Gee Willikers! I'm in the Wonka Factory, guvnah!"

I'll refrain from pointing out that the author and setting of the original book are both British, since we've already agreed to disagree. I always thought it was odd that Charlie was American in the Wilder version. In the book, only Violet and Mike TeeVee were from America.

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah americanising our stuff is a personal pet peeve of mine

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

shining knight wrote:Yeah americanising our stuff is a personal pet peeve of mine
I know I hate it when people take things I do and make them substantially more awesome.

Without us you guys would pretty much still be eating boiled meat and spotted dick all day.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:
shining knight wrote:Yeah americanising our stuff is a personal pet peeve of mine
I know I hate it when people take things I do and make them substantially more awesome.

Without us you guys would pretty much still be eating boiled meat and spotted dick all day.

Let's not be ugly. If it weren't for Britain and her colonists, we'd all be cheese-eating French speakers.

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I hate it when Japanese stuff gets americanized. This is the main reason I can't get into Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. the americanization. Why can't they show these Japanese shows as appeear on tv in Japan? Unedited Kamen Rider would rock.

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, but how digestible are many of the original source materials to a marketable demographic?

Niche markets do not make big businesses comfortable. A bunch of dubbed of Japanese teenagers would not have had nearly the mass appeal as the original American Power Rangers had.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Heytherejeffro wrote:

Let's not be ugly. If it weren't for Britain and her colonists, we'd all be cheese-eating French speakers.
And if not for America we'd all be burning Jews and heiling Hitler.

America rules! headbang
*guitar solo*

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ To be fair, all of Europe softened them up before we attacked.

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

To be fair, I was being intentionally over-the-top.

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:And if not for America we'd all be burning Jews and heiling Hitler.

America rules! headbang
*guitar solo*
Universally hated movies and the people who love them - Page 4 Uncle-sam-national-comics-26
See this elder gentlemen right here? Kiss his ass.

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

superdoug wrote:
I'll refrain from pointing out that the author and setting of the original book are both British, since we've already agreed to disagree. I always thought it was odd that Charlie was American in the Wilder version. In the book, only Violet and Mike TeeVee were from America.

My problem with Freddie Highmore wasn't that he was British...it's that he was insufferably sugary sweet and wide eyed for the entire movie. Glad he has seemed to stop getting work...

Heytherejeffro wrote:

I didn't see this as ugly. I saw this as HILARIOUS. JEFFROFTW.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum