Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brightest Day

+42
TheBrownLantern
DickGrayson007
dmahoney
WonderWoman2.0
elijahdprophet
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zeroskull21
Debaser77
LordD3r3k
G_Zatara
JonSpangler
shark6495
superdoug
LOOSECANNON
Hannibal king
Spazzy
rwe1138
Spider_Fan14
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
blue halo
Tom
Foreigner_Man
Demonweasel
jaydee74
Mnemosis
Jherek
Esbat
alucardbarnivous
Rath99
Aussiemandias
shiky800
krpykrwly
comicgeekelly
Joshua
Sandman
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
BlueMaxx
Batman25JM
Fresh03
prescribeddrone
Bigtymin504
shining knight
46 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 22]

451Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:54 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I enjoyed #15 as a read, but I wonder if devoting an entire issue for this dream sequence was necessary or even wise. Unless there was some important stuff that will go towards J'onn's story, I don't see the point in drawing it out. This series is more than halfway through and I feel like some big things need to start happening because it feels like it's treading water.

LordD3r3k wrote:I thought it was kind of interesting that J'onn secretly desires to be a Green Lantern

Me too, that was damn cool.

452Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:25 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm....still not liking this.

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

453Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:39 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#16 was okay, which was an improvement over last issue, but not by much.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

454Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:05 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I liked #16 a whole lot. The Aquaman/Aqualad stuff was pretty cool. The cover is a little misleading but it was still pretty awesome. The Firestorm stuff was pretty damn intense. Especially the stuff with Deathstorm and Professor Stein and Jason's dad. I'm not saying this has been amazing but I like it overall and looking forward to more.

455Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:16 pm

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Agreed. #16 is one of the best issues yet. All this stumbling around character bits is paying off. A lot is happening NOW.

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

456Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:18 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOOSECANNON wrote:Agreed. #16 is one of the best issues yet. All this stumbling around character bits is paying off. A lot is happening NOW.
Gotta agree. This was a big issue where things happened.

457Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:12 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
LOOSECANNON wrote:Agreed. #16 is one of the best issues yet. All this stumbling around character bits is paying off. A lot is happening NOW.
Gotta agree. This was a big issue where things happened.

I think they've found the balance now. It's about 2 stories a month rather than trying to squeeze in 5 or so. It seems to be working much better.

Aquaman's an interesting character - of all the main DC heroes I find his personality the most elusive. I don't know if that makes sense but I just find it hard to get a sense of who he really is whereas a lot of the others have very defined characters/personalities.

458Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:53 pm

Zeroskull21

Zeroskull21
Cadet
Cadet

I really liked #17. Good strong issue, actually liked the Hawk stories, loved the twist in that section of the story. I loved the ending. Finally feel like I'm getting somewhere.

459Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:27 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#17 was okay. Not great, not bad.

460Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:30 pm

Zeroskull21

Zeroskull21
Cadet
Cadet

It was a nice change of pace. Saw what the other characters were up to.

461Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:31 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This was an interesting issue. I am a bit weirded out by the Boston Brand/Dove relationship but whatever I guess. I did like the reunion between Boston and his grandfather. The stuff with Firestorm is still interesting the heck out of me and I am also enjoying the Hawkman stuff. I am curious as to where this is all heading but I am still enjoying this overall.

462Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:15 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I dug the last issue also. I'm curious as to what brought Firestorm to Qward. And call me sappy, but I like how the white ring began to recharge when Boston finally started to genuinely enjoy being alive again.

463Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:24 am

LOOSECANNON

LOOSECANNON
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Smile

http://www.comicsbulletin.com

464Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:37 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm really having trouble with this series. I want to like it, but the lags between stories, the jumps to weird stuff and odd choices is just making it really hard. I was all about the Hawkworld stuff, but now apparently it's a Green Lantern story and not a Hawkman one.

This and Generation Lost are like two lanes on a highway backed up in traffic. I'm trying to choose one, but when I do the other looks like its moving faster. When I change lanes, the one I was in begins picking up.

*sigh*

http://www.demonweasel.com

465Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:29 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I dug the last issue also. I'm curious as to what brought Firestorm to Qward. And call me sappy, but I like how the white ring began to recharge when Boston finally started to genuinely enjoy being alive again.
I dug that as well. I wonder what will happen when it reaches 100%? Does anyone think think that Boston could really be the person the ring is looking for?

466Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:00 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I dug that as well. I wonder what will happen when it reaches 100%? Does anyone think think that Boston could really be the person the ring is looking for?

Yeah, I've considered that as a possibility. The entity might be waiting for him to realize how much life is worth living.

Not to say they couldn't throw us a curve later, but I can't really see where else they'd take it at this point.

467Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:07 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's what I was thinking as well. I mean, I think seeing Boston Brand as Lifeman instead of Deadman. I think it would be an interesting change for the character.

468Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:40 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think Deadman being the guardian the ring is looking for has been one of the most obvious things ever. I'd be shocked if it turned out it wasn't him.

469Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:45 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Demonweasel wrote:I think Deadman being the guardian the ring is looking for has been one of the most obvious things ever. I'd be shocked if it turned out it wasn't him.
I would be shocked too. I kind of want it to be him.

470Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:04 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Demonweasel wrote:I think Deadman being the guardian the ring is looking for has been one of the most obvious things ever. I'd be shocked if it turned out it wasn't him.
I would be shocked too. I kind of want it to be him.

And that's the beauty of the writing in that we've been following him regain his humanity and his want to live, and by doing so they have us now rooting for him.

471Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:17 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't know, to me it just came off as something really obvious from the get-go, and everytime they talk about "We have to find this person!" I just kind of sigh. It's a non-starter as a mystery and makes for a kind of boring story. It'd be nice to be proven wrong, though.

472Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:19 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:This was an interesting issue. I am a bit weirded out by the Boston Brand/Dove relationship but whatever I guess. I did like the reunion between Boston and his grandfather. The stuff with Firestorm is still interesting the heck out of me and I am also enjoying the Hawkman stuff. I am curious as to where this is all heading but I am still enjoying this overall.
I love the Boston/Dove relationship!!! Johns and Tomasi (don't know who's writing which bits) showed there was an attraction there immediately and it does seem kind of right - Boston's a bit of a lost soul at the moment and she's got such a good heart that she's just the right person for him.

LordD3r3k wrote:I dug the last issue also. I'm curious as to what brought Firestorm to Qward. And call me sappy, but I like how the white ring began to recharge when Boston finally started to genuinely enjoy being alive again.
That was great - I agree. Those scenes with his Grandfather were really nice.

jaydee74 wrote:
I dug that as well. I wonder what will happen when it reaches 100%? Does anyone think think that Boston could really be the person the ring is looking for?
As everyone says above most of us have probably thought it was Boston Brand that the ring is looking for. I don't find that boring because I'm enjoying the journey he's on to discover that even if it's an obvious end result. I think Boston's storyline has been all about discovering himself again and once he's where he needs to be then perhaps it's time for him to take up his role.

I really liked #17. It's the first time I've got interested in the Hawks storyline.

473Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:48 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#18 was okay. Not great, not bad. Simply okay.

474Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:29 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Holy crap! I didn't see that coming

475Brightest Day - Page 19 Empty Re: Brightest Day Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:07 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

gah why must I have to wait till next week WHY?!?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum