Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brightest Day

+42
TheBrownLantern
DickGrayson007
dmahoney
WonderWoman2.0
elijahdprophet
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zeroskull21
Debaser77
LordD3r3k
G_Zatara
JonSpangler
shark6495
superdoug
LOOSECANNON
Hannibal king
Spazzy
rwe1138
Spider_Fan14
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
blue halo
Tom
Foreigner_Man
Demonweasel
jaydee74
Mnemosis
Jherek
Esbat
alucardbarnivous
Rath99
Aussiemandias
shiky800
krpykrwly
comicgeekelly
Joshua
Sandman
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
BlueMaxx
Batman25JM
Fresh03
prescribeddrone
Bigtymin504
shining knight
46 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 22]

426Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:53 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Some awesome Hawk-Action. Looking forward to the next issue.

Hawkman went nuts in this issue. The Hawks have been the least interesting story for me during Brightest Day but I didn't mind this issue except for the really ordinary exposition sequence. Man that's been poorly done in a few comics over the last couple of weeks. I don't know if it was 2 different artists or not but I found the art looked great on some pages and then completely deteriorated in others.

I don't know that I'm all that excited about next issue. I kind of feel like we've seen the Bruce Wayne being offered a power ring thing before (which I'm assuming is what's going to happen).

427Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:00 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loved Brightest Day #12! Martian Manhunter's story is BY FAR the most interesting thing going in this series.

I did not like Brightest Day #13 though. I'm not a fan of this Hawkworld nonsense.

428Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:05 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:Some awesome Hawk-Action. Looking forward to the next issue.

Hawkman went nuts in this issue. The Hawks have been the least interesting story for me during Brightest Day but I didn't mind this issue except for the really ordinary exposition sequence. Man that's been poorly done in a few comics over the last couple of weeks. I don't know if it was 2 different artists or not but I found the art looked great on some pages and then completely deteriorated in others.
I understand the need for more than one artist but I agree. It feels disjointed in certain areas.
Aussiemandias wrote:
I don't know that I'm all that excited about next issue. I kind of feel like we've seen the Bruce Wayne being offered a power ring thing before (which I'm assuming is what's going to happen).
This is like the third or fourth time Bruce Wayne has been offered a different power ring? So far, he's worn a green ring, a yellow ring, a black ring and now a white ring? I suppose this is just going to tie into his return but I'm a bit dubious.

429Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:00 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

has Bruce wayne officially returned yet? if so in what book?

430Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:08 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sandman wrote:has Bruce wayne officially returned yet? if so in what book?

He came back in the Batman: Return of Bruce Wayne mini-series and Bruce Wayne: The Road Home one-shots. Smile

431Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Sandman wrote:has Bruce wayne officially returned yet? if so in what book?

He came back in the Batman: Return of Bruce Wayne mini-series and Bruce Wayne: The Road Home one-shots. Smile

I think chronologically story-wise it goes like this He comes back from time and space in the return of Bruce Wayne miniseries (issue 6 comes out this wednesday), then he goes into the Bruce Wayne: The Road home miniseries of one shots (those are totally a miniseries. With the exception of a few, they need to be read together in the right order) then he comes to Dick & Damian in Batman & Robin #16 (the one that was out last week, I think it's 16) and then it's all capped off in the Batman: The Return one-shot that comes out next wednesday.

http://www.demonweasel.com

432Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:27 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Is it me or does the Return of Bruce Wayne feel really disjointed by all of these books coming out in no real order?

433Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:19 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

It's not just you.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

434Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:16 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:Is it me or does the Return of Bruce Wayne feel really disjointed by all of these books coming out in no real order?

Yeah, they couldn't have fucked this up worse. It's sad because I've liked the Return of Bruce Wayne mini and I really enjoyed B&R 16. I think the Morrison/Finch is going to be good as well, it's just that the sequence has been a nightmare. Some of the one shots were okay (Batgirl was the best of the bunch that I've seen), but overall that story was pretty lacking.

435Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:18 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Demonweasel wrote: Some of the one shots were okay (Batgirl was the best of the bunch that I've seen), but overall that story was pretty lacking.

That issue was worth it just for the slap. Because I totally didn't see that coming, and her reaction was priceless. Laughing

436Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:36 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

superdoug wrote:
Demonweasel wrote: Some of the one shots were okay (Batgirl was the best of the bunch that I've seen), but overall that story was pretty lacking.

That issue was worth it just for the slap. Because I totally didn't see that coming, and her reaction was priceless. Laughing

Exactly. Everything Miller has been doing with Stephanie Brown has been great.

437Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:28 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I couldn't agree more.

438Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:05 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Demonweasel wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:Is it me or does the Return of Bruce Wayne feel really disjointed by all of these books coming out in no real order?

Yeah, they couldn't have fucked this up worse. It's sad because I've liked the Return of Bruce Wayne mini and I really enjoyed B&R 16. I think the Morrison/Finch is going to be good as well, it's just that the sequence has been a nightmare. Some of the one shots were okay (Batgirl was the best of the bunch that I've seen), but overall that story was pretty lacking.

That's what I thought. I think even the order of the Return One-Shots didn't totally come out in order. I thought the Catwoman issue came out later than it should if you look at it from the order it was supposed to come out in. Was all of this on purpose or was it just the way it turned out?

439Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:09 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Demonweasel wrote:

That's what I thought. I think even the order of the Return One-Shots didn't totally come out in order. I thought the Catwoman issue came out later than it should if you look at it from the order it was supposed to come out in. Was all of this on purpose or was it just the way it turned out?

Return of Bruce Wayne was supposed to be done in September. Then the one-shots all through October, then the B&R 16 reveal last week & I think the final Batman: The Return one-shot that same week or the week before.

440Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:51 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:It's not just you.

Demonweasel wrote:

jaydee74 wrote:
Was all of this on purpose or was it just the way it turned out?

The owner of my LCS said that there was a delay with the books, and pushing back all the other books would have caused many people involved to lose alot of money. It doesn't lessen the confusion/disappointment, but I feel better at least knowing the reason now.

441Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:13 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:

The owner of my LCS said that there was a delay with the books, and pushing back all the other books would have caused many people involved to lose alot of money. It doesn't lessen the confusion/disappointment, but I feel better at least knowing the reason now.

Yeah, when you replace the entire Batman line with these one-shots DC doesn't have a choice but to put them out, lest lose out on a months worth of sales one thier most profitable editorial groups. However, one could argue that they knew there were scheduling problems with Morrison coming down the pipe and that making such a drastic decision (or gamble) with your most high-profile line would cause problems. It clearly did, and that really sucks.

442Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:22 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Demonweasel wrote:

Yeah, when you replace the entire Batman line with these one-shots DC doesn't have a choice but to put them out, lest lose out on a months worth of sales one thier most profitable editorial groups. However, one could argue that they knew there were scheduling problems with Morrison coming down the pipe and that making such a drastic decision (or gamble) with your most high-profile line would cause problems. It clearly did, and that really sucks.

Absolutely. Though it may have been possible to avoid, at least it wasn't intentional

443Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Nov 17, 2010 8:49 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#14: Yay, it's the Deadman Show! thumbs up

444Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:15 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

rwe1138 wrote:#14: Yay, it's the Deadman Show! thumbs up
Yeah. I liked this issue quite a bit. I very curious to see what happens to him when all is said and done.

445Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:31 pm

TheBrownLantern

TheBrownLantern
Cadet
Cadet

Brightest Day continues to be a good read, IMO. It definitely is difficult to understand exactly where its going at this point but I really enjoyed #14...Deadman is a great character to feature coming out of Blackest Night and I'm interested to see what happens to him. I'm enjoying Martian Manhunter's return as well

446Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:24 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

I didn't much care for #15. I'm not really a big fan of "everything is revealed to be a dream" plots, and this issue's was obvious from the first few pages. The Deathstorm bit at the end was promising, though.

447Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:43 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I can't say #15 was a big draw for me but it wasn't all that bad. The ending was really good though.

448Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:27 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just read issues 14 and 15.

rwe1138 wrote:#14: Yay, it's the Deadman Show! thumbs up

This was my reaction also. I'm really loving the Deadman and Dove (that really sounds weird) storyline and was happy to see what's been hinted at (ie. Dove being keen on Boston) coming to fruition (why else would she have been following him around all this time?). I just totally enjoyed issue #14.

I'm still thinking the champion is either Boston or Dove.

Issue #15....I just don't know. Kind of seemed unecessary - I think a whole issue devoted to the dream sequence was maybe a little too much. However, I love Pat Gleason's art - Flash running around with his head chopped off. Gleason is great at aliens and he's also great at gruesome!

449Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:21 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought it was kind of interesting that J'onn secretly desires to be a Green Lantern

450Brightest Day - Page 18 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:46 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:I thought it was kind of interesting that J'onn secretly desires to be a Green Lantern
I found that interesting too. I wonder if he encountered a Green Lantern when he was younger.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum