Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brightest Day

+42
TheBrownLantern
DickGrayson007
dmahoney
WonderWoman2.0
elijahdprophet
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zeroskull21
Debaser77
LordD3r3k
G_Zatara
JonSpangler
shark6495
superdoug
LOOSECANNON
Hannibal king
Spazzy
rwe1138
Spider_Fan14
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
blue halo
Tom
Foreigner_Man
Demonweasel
jaydee74
Mnemosis
Jherek
Esbat
alucardbarnivous
Rath99
Aussiemandias
shiky800
krpykrwly
comicgeekelly
Joshua
Sandman
BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter
BlueMaxx
Batman25JM
Fresh03
prescribeddrone
Bigtymin504
shining knight
46 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 22]

401Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:57 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I liked this issue quite a bit. I'm very curious about the whole Firestorm story and what's going on with Jason and Ronnie. I also liked the reveal at the end of the book. The Aquaman stuff is kicking some butt and the confrontation was awesome. You could see the tension in those panels with Black Manta and Aquaman. I loved it.

Ditto

402Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:50 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LordD3r3k wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I liked this issue quite a bit. I'm very curious about the whole Firestorm story and what's going on with Jason and Ronnie. I also liked the reveal at the end of the book. The Aquaman stuff is kicking some butt and the confrontation was awesome. You could see the tension in those panels with Black Manta and Aquaman. I loved it.

Ditto

Double ditto.

Once again I think they've really got the balance of this book just right now with issues focussing on about 2 (or 3 at the most) of the storylines. I think each storyline is getting the time it deserves.

I've got to say I've really not given Black Manta too much thought before as a villain but he's really coming across very well here as a "good" villain.

403Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:33 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The revelations about the Firestorm Matrix definitely have me intrigued. I was bored with that story till now, but this "Big Bang" thing has me interested. The Aquaman stuff has picked up in a big way too...things seem to be picking up in general heading into the midway point of this series.

404Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:07 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am so jazzed for the Aquaman/Black Manta fight. It's going to be awesome.

405Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:15 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
LordD3r3k wrote:

Ditto

Double ditto.

Once again I think they've really got the balance of this book just right now with issues focussing on about 2 (or 3 at the most) of the storylines. I think each storyline is getting the time it deserves.

I've got to say I've really not given Black Manta too much thought before as a villain but he's really coming across very well here as a "good" villain.

I felt the same way about Sinestro before SCW came out, and that elevated him to a total badass for me. Maybe now it's Manta's time to shine

406Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:22 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The thing that's always, in my eyes, held Aquaman and his rogues gallery back is a clear mandate for what he's doing and why. Aside from "protect the ocean" or "rule atlantis," he hasn't really had one (and those end up being a pretty long walk from interesting). Here's hoping Brightest Day changes that.

http://www.demonweasel.com

407Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:55 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Let's hope so. I actually like Aquaman, and I think he deserves better than what he's gotten over the years.

408Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:25 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I cannot wait to see what's going to happen with Firestorm. I think a new series with Jason and Ronnie would be pretty damn interesting.

409Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:24 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I cannot wait to see what's going to happen with Firestorm. I think a new series with Jason and Ronnie would be pretty damn interesting.

If they do their job right, every stories star should be set up to have their own series. I
mean, for the most part these are some of the most famous DC characters that, for some reason, haven't been able to sustain their own series. If Brightest Day ends well, all these characters will be in a place to have a new status quo and purpose that will be make new series an interesting read.

http://www.demonweasel.com

410Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:32 am

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Demonweasel wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I cannot wait to see what's going to happen with Firestorm. I think a new series with Jason and Ronnie would be pretty damn interesting.

If they do their job right, every stories star should be set up to have their own series. I
mean, for the most part these are some of the most famous DC characters that, for some reason, haven't been able to sustain their own series. If Brightest Day ends well, all these characters will be in a place to have a new status quo and purpose that will be make new series an interesting read.

Thach they seem to failing at that, or half failing because DC has successfully gotten me interested in Aquaman, because the Hawkgirl/Hawkman stuff is incredibly disinteresting and we haven't seen any story but a few panels in an earlier issue dealing with Black Adam.

http://www.twitter.com/theekenye

411Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:22 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#11 was okay. Didn't love it, didn't hate it.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

412Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:52 pm

Arsenal0602

Arsenal0602
Cadet
Cadet

I like th Aquaman stuff and the Firestorm. Hawk People are pretty Meh to me and MM is slightly interesting, but I would rather just read about firestorm.

413Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:50 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I enjoyed this issue. Deathstorm is pretty cool and I liked how he took Professor Stein and Jason's dad into his head to annoy both Ronnie and Jason and that story is my favorite. The Aquaman/Black Manta fight was pretty cool and the trash talking from Black Manta was awesome. I'm looking forward to more of that. The two page spread with the Black Lanterns was freaking awesome. I am pretty jazzed for more of this.

414Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:46 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Brightest Day #11

I quite enjoyed this. I like the turn things have taken with the Black Lanterns and Deathstorm.

The Aquaman stuff was cool.

I just really enjoyed this book.

415Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Oct 09, 2010 4:20 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I enjoyed this issue. Deathstorm is pretty cool and I liked how he took Professor Stein and Jason's dad into his head to annoy both Ronnie and Jason and that story is my favorite. The Aquaman/Black Manta fight was pretty cool and the trash talking from Black Manta was awesome. I'm looking forward to more of that. The two page spread with the Black Lanterns was freaking awesome. I am pretty jazzed for more of this.

Agreed with everything. I want a poster of that spread.

416Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:57 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Brightest Day #11

Solid issue. The Firestorm stuff was kinda annoying for me but very intrigued by what Jonn saw on Mars.

I'm not sure how I feel about the BLs coming back. The concept was cool when it started at the beginning of Blackest Night but it became pretty stale after awhile, hopefully Johns and Tomasi have something new and interesting to add to them.

417Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:17 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Brightest Day #11

Each time he's featured I'm liking Black Manta as a villain more and more. I think they're doing a great job of making him come across as truly dangerous and I like that.

As everyone has said the Aquaman stuff has been excellent.

To date I've actually liked the Firestorm stuff but with the name "Deathstorm" and, in particular, the way he's talking, dude, I'm finding myself not liking it with this issue. I think the character is starting to sound silly and hard to take seriously.

Anything to do with MM is good and this Mars stuff looks very interesting.

Last edited by Aussiemandias on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

418Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:19 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yeah, the name Deathstorm is kind of silly. I get where you are coming from. I still like it though.

419Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:50 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

I usually don't geek out over stuff like this but in the variant cover for #13...

Brightest Day - Page 17 Bday_cv13_var

That looks like Resurrection Man on the right! If so, *makes high-pitched girly noise*!!!

420Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:08 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

#12 was okay for a mostly exposition issue.

421Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:13 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It was an good enough issue. I don't expect every issue to be a home run but I expected a bit....I don't know. More I guess. The stuff with Martian Manhunter was ok and the Firestorm stuff as usual is amazing. Deadman and Dove was ok but nothing special and I also realized we haven't seen anything from the Hawks for quite some time so I hope we get something more from them soon. Still enjoying this overall but this wasn't anything great.

422Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:13 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:It was an good enough issue. I don't expect every issue to be a home run but I expected a bit....I don't know. More I guess. The stuff with Martian Manhunter was ok and the Firestorm stuff as usual is amazing. Deadman and Dove was ok but nothing special and I also realized we haven't seen anything from the Hawks for quite some time so I hope we get something more from them soon. Still enjoying this overall but this wasn't anything great.
Well you're in luck because you must have missed the next issue blurb: "Our Hawkworld at War".

I actually quite enjoyed this issue for a couple of reasons. Firstly, I love J'Onn being portrayed as this tragic character. When you think about his history it's absolutely horrible what has happened to him so he is a terrific character in regard to building that kind of depth which I think the writers are getting spot on. Secondly, no one draws freaky aliens like Pat Gleason (he should never NOT be on Green Lantern Corps as far as I'm concerned) and this issue was no exception.

I was thinking about who the White Lantern might turn out to be. My main bet is still probably on Deadman himself (it's also what I hope happens - I really don't want him going back to being Deadman at the end of this) but my second bet is on Halo of the Outsiders. During Blackest Night I thought there were a couple of hints about her. Third pick would be Dove - I think the fact that she's been there with Deadman the whole time might be kind of ironic.

423Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:02 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Meh, this is decent but dragging on.

Dropped.

424Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:09 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Look, more exposition. Yay. Rolling Eyes

Although seeing Resurrection Man again did make me very happy.

425Brightest Day - Page 17 Empty Re: Brightest Day Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:42 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Some awesome Hawk-Action. Looking forward to the next issue.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 22]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum