Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage?

+10
Administrator
TENIME_art
Lee
The Ignored One
riv1
Bigtymin504
Astro13Zombie
Joshua
BlueMaxx
ChrisToPhenom
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:08 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

henry simmons (look up nypd blue or just watch an episode with him in it) could be luke cage. in my opinion just becase i was obsessed with nypd blue at one point,he could be any black superhero he wanted to be

john stewart GL
Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 GreenLanternHenrySimmons

or martian manhunter
Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Henry_simmons_MARTIAN-MANHUNTERjpg

(not to SAY MM is black...but he's a shapeshifter and in the various shows where they have him he varies color even gender sometimes....it'd actually be nifty to see like 15 or so stars play MM...in one movie lol)

again....imo

lastly as for black panther...Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje....end of debate

Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 HeavyDutycopy

27Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:39 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Adewale would be awesome...

And, holy crap! Henry Simmons could totally be John Stewart!! surprised

28Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:29 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Since Marvel is looking to have a cohesive movie universe, it seems a bit counter-productive to cast the same actor in multiple parts.
Ray Stevenson was Punisher and is going to be Volstagg. Rebecca Romijn was Mystique and Joan (A character from Punisher's Max title, not a made-up character for the film like a few believe.). Jon Favreau was Foggy Nelson (Daredevil) and Happy Hogan (Iron Man).

So, yeah, the Marvel flicks have a good few actors that play prime characters over the many films of Marvel.

colossus1979 wrote:
(not to SAY MM is black...but he's a shapeshifter and in the various shows where they have him he varies color even gender sometimes....it'd actually be nifty to see like 15 or so stars play MM...in one movie lol)
You bring up a good point. His first human form was that of a white guy, but I, for some reason, always saw J'onn being a closer to African descent in relation to his persona, mannerisms, etc. His semi-human form (The one in the pic and the one he commonly uses) has been drawn with a facial bone-structure of someone of African descent more often than not, so I totally understand assumption. Seems the DCAU and Smallville universe agree with that assessment, as well.

29Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:30 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Forgot to mention: Seems many are reversed with me with Idris and Chestnut. Heh.

30Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:47 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:Adewale would be awesome...

And, holy crap! Henry Simmons could totally be John Stewart!! surprised

dude seriously! even listen to his voice on the show it's almost perfect!

31Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:36 am

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

this movie could be low budget and amazing. Make it very dark and gritty .i wish the whole Tyrese and JOhn singleton shit would go away
Tyrese is a horrible actor and Singleton movies all feel and look the same
They will ruin a Amazing character.

32Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:54 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

gangsternerd wrote:this movie could be low budget and amazing. Make it very dark and gritty .i wish the whole Tyrese and JOhn singleton shit would go away
Tyrese is a horrible actor and Singleton movies all feel and look the same
They will ruin a Amazing character.

um......o....k?

while i'll agree that tyrese isn't the greatest actor on the planet, he already has the physique, which is honestly what i think they'd (hollywood, marvel, whoever) would look for first. and lets be honest, did you think wesley snipes would make a good blade, or tobey mcquire a good spidey? probably not, hell i heard more people talk shit about robert downey jr. BEFORE they saw one hint of him acting in iron man, ABOUT him being iron man than i've heard ever outside of hugh jackman being wolverine. is don cheadle a good replacement for terrance howard, possibly not but i'm reserving my opinion until after i see the flick. maybe he'll pull a rabbit out of the hat, you never know. now to your john singleton point,i HAVE to disagree. if you watch his first few films (boyz in the hood, higher learning, rosewood especially) those were very dark, very gritty, very in your face, and low budget. if he gets in that mode mybe it won't be the horrible deal you've already declared it to be off of a rumor. at least give them the chance to screw up, i mean we gave that much to affleck and DD or garner and electra right? Wink

33Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:44 pm

gangsternerd

gangsternerd
Pirate
Pirate

Singleton has not made a good film in a while(Four Brothers, Baby boy, 2 fast 2 furious,Shaft?)
Most likely won't film it like Boyz in the hood that was good but don't want it to be the setting for Luke Cage.
Her is the thing RDJr, Tobey, or even Heath were questionable for the characters they were going to portray, not there acting abilities.
Tyrese is a horrible actor, end of story.
Terry crews from everybody loves chris has the build and the chops

34Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:33 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

gangsternerd wrote:Singleton has not made a good film in a while

agreed....although i will watch shaft if i'm too bored to play my x-box and don't feel like reaching for the remote.

gangsternerd wrote:Her is the thing RDJr, Tobey, or even Heath were questionable for the characters they were going to portray, not there acting abilities.

because of the type of actors, and the magnitude of the characters. those were the things that brought up the questions and doubts, all of which were proven wrong.

gangsternerd wrote:Tyrese is a horrible actor, end of story.

no argument from me i agree, but he's still not the worst actor i've ever seen.

gangsternerd wrote:Terry crews from everybody loves chris has the build and the chops

there are plenty of guys with the build, and the talent to pull it off. but i think they just want someone a tad younger possibly. crews is 41, tyrese is 31. it would just make sense if they wanna make a movie and spit out like 3-4 sequels over a span of however many years (which is what they'll do.) to use a younger guy i guess? whatever their reasoning, we BOTH agree there's someone better to do it but i'm still just holding my response until after it happens.

35Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:38 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Terry Crew...ha! I still can't beleive he was the form of Chris Rock's father. To be honest,he looks exactly like Luke Cage but Hollywood loves the young ones so if Tyrese wins the role, hey...him or some other young dude is not a surprise from me. Look at that picture below-he's got it and he can act.

Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 .terry_crews_luke-cage-POWER-MAN-IRON-FIST-LEEE777

36Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:47 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I think Idris Elba playing Heimdall and T'Challa wouldn't be too much of a problem. I doubt they'd ever be on screen together.

37Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:46 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oldspice Guy really wants to be Luke Cage. (AotS) Laughing

38Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:12 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Blacky

EXPLOSIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

39Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:24 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Laughing Nice. But nope, this guy.
Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Oldspice

Terry Crews is a good guy--looks the part--but I can only think of the wild characters he's played. Not smooth like Powerman's persona.

40Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:45 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

terry crews is an old spice guy too, but that guy wants to do it? who is he?

41Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:58 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Too bad Ving Rhames is too old because he would be perfect. He can act too. In any case, I like Crews.

Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Ving_r10
Power Man about ready to show Tyrese how it's done. Laughing

42Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:14 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

that looks so much like a boondocks "tom in jail" scene to me.

43Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:18 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

colossus1979 wrote:that looks so much like a boondocks "tom in jail" scene to me.

That crossed my mind when I found that pic. I was hoping no one else would think of it. Laughing

44Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? - Page 2 Empty Re: Tyrese Gibson Is Luke Cage? Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:40 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

great minds, think in the same gutter. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum