Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

it will be at least 4 years for a good x movie

+2
Administrator
colossus1979
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ok...so i'll say it i don't really care if anyone AGREES with me,not because i don't respect anyones input,but just because frankly nobody has to see eye to eye 24/7 of 365. with all that said....i loved the first 2,i stress the FIRST 2 x movies,because of 3 reasons. 1:the cast: i know there's always been a "anti-hugh jackman" point to wolverine,but in al honesty,if you can FIND a 5'4 boxy built shelf of a man who can rock wolverine claws and hair,and act to boot i got beer and jack daniels all ready to mail to you. there's also patrick stewart and sir ian mckellan,never were there 2 men in my honest opinion exemplified what xaiver and magneto should and would be if acted on a big screen. they brought a...i'm not sure if "dignity" is the word i want but yeah,they played them in my opinion to perfection. james marsden played cyclops as good as he was allowed. (in x 2 he was SUPPOSED to get more screen time,to which i was dissapointed to see he didn't get) and halle berry as storm was passable but could have been done a little better,she's second in command of the x-men and all she was was a glorified plane flyer at times....but i can understand the argument of not giving her more stuff to do. i won't go on and on with the other members of the cast,except to say they did great,i'll just go to point 2. 2:the story: in x-men 1 the story more focused on inital set ups,wolverine,senator kelly, the prof and magneto,but more than that the "choosing a side" deal i guess. in x-2,yes i'll say it,they took ALOT of liberties with "god loves,man kills" but it translated well,and they even tied in jeans surging powers well. and 3:the fact that it didn't just rely on effects to tell their story,they didn't just throw random eye beams and whatnot everywhere,they HAD a story and stuck to it. now...let me get to my actual point.
x3 which i've called since i saw it "the nail in the coffin for mutant movies" came out in 1996,despite mixed reviews from critics and fans, the film became successful at the box office. its opening-day gross of $45.5 million is the fourth-highest on record while its opening weekend gross of $103 million is the fifth highest ever.all that said i thought it sucked somehting TERRIBLE!directed by brett ratner,(who in my opinion is just a big a criminal to comic movies as joel schumacher)who took over when bryan singer dropped out to direct superman returns.(also another big mistake by fox imo.) The movie revolves around a "mutant cure" that causes serious repercussions among mutants and humans, and on the mysterious resurrection of Jean Grey, who appeared to have died in X2,the last good x movie. The film is loosely based on two X-Men comic book story arcs: writer Chris Claremont's and artist John Byrne's "Dark Phoenix Saga" in The Uncanny X-Men and writer Joss Whedon's and artist John Cassaday's six-issue "Gifted" arc in Astonishing X-Men. now there's the FIRST problem. if you can fit two stories neatly in a movie,fine go right ahead,but over two dozen drafts of the script were written and thrown out before they stuck with the one they used for the filming,which started in August 2005 and ended in January 2006. that's my SECOND problem both of those elaborate story took collectively MONTHS/YEARS to tell,cutting and pasting bits and then rushing to hit a 5 month deadline does niether one justice. and even better the visual effects crew started working on April 2005, before the director had even been announced. (in other words singer dropped out,nobody filled his spot and they had no real story until possibly a week before filming,but lest make effects anyways and we'll fill those in as needed. BRILLIANT!) you can even tell where they kind of "trimmed the fat" on effects,look at angel and (my man my homie my hero) colossus.angel's wings were initially too heavy for Ben Foster(who did a ok job with a badly written character),and were remade from foam.(even more genius!)and colossus looked like they just digitized a foil suit.(which is what the case was.) but this rant is all a huge digress from my original point which is,batman and robin (nail in the coffin for that franchise at the time.)was released June 1997,and not single thing could be done until the awesome revamp with batman begins in June 2005. now that's 8 years exactly,give or take a day or such. now,x3 was released May 2006,so even if wolverine came out april of last year,that still only gives 4 years for the stink of rattner and the follies fox pulled to disappear and actually do a good x movie. so...wait til 2014,and pray for the best. rant over,have a good one. (no more writers block YAY!)

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

I don't see the point in waiting or delaying the reboot (or whatever they're going to do with the franchise). Eight years worked perfectly for Batman, 20 years of sitting on the bench didn't save Superman from failure. As long as the people behind the production have a good story and a solid installment, they should film it. Be it a reboot, a prequel or a direct sequel - nowadays all these terms worth nothing as long as the end result is a good, entertaining film.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

it's like my "working theory" not like an actual this is what they need to do. i don't disagree,but somehow i see it taking that long....my glass is alway half empty. lol

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Well, I have no doubt either that it's a good possibility they won't finish the filming before 2013. I'm cozy with this empty half of my glass, but sometimes visiting the full half is necessary.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i'm just amazed i retained all that useless movie knowledge Laughing

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

4 years is a good assessment, but I doubt FOX'll wait that long. They want to keep all the licenses they can by initiating more contracts, and, in turn, to create more red-tape for Marvel, like they're doing with others. They're still pushing a sequel to Wolverine and a possible Deadpool film.

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i'm excited yet terrified to see a deadpool movie

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Isn't everyone? Heh.

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Sorry....TL:DR.

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

it will be at least 4 years for a good x movie Colossus1_lg
it will be at least 4 years for a good x movie Colossus2_lg
it will be at least 4 years for a good x movie Colossus3_lg
it will be at least 4 years for a good x movie Colossus4_lg

Colossus was physical effects where possible. There was very little CG used for him. Which is awesome.

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

eh....i liked the effect from x-2 a tad better...you can tell the minor difference if you watch x-2 to x-3 (which i don't own x-3,i refuse to buy it it's like sacralige to me) or in this mini vid it shows it too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5A7uuX0WdI

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think in X2 it looks like CG (because it is), and in X3, there are times when it looks real (because, at times, it is).

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Whoa! I'll read this sh-t when I get home from campus! Can you say paragraphs? Spaces after commas? Hrm? Hrm? Laughing

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yeah but it's damn a tin foil shell....i'd rather have the cg...or a clever mixture of both,but in defence of your position i will say i think somewhere iheard the colossus effect in x-2 was like 50 or 75 grand for his whole 15 seconds on screen,heck i heard to maintain that ice wall in x-2 for the different angles and take it cost some insane ass ammount,but in x-3 i think that whole suit they put him in was cheaper...and yes it did look more real but the problem is colossus is already a huge dude and when he armors up he's supposed to get more huge...which they didn't do in either film

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:Whoa! I'll read this sh-t when I get home from campus! Can you say paragraphs? Spaces after commas? Hrm? Hrm? Laughing

yes,i can also say DOUCHENOZZLE it will be at least 4 years for a good x movie 51197 (you know i love you) and i was more into the flow of what i was writing as opposed to "gee i hope this looks presentable".....i always gave my teachers hell because they loved what i was writing, but hated how it looked. and i spaced that one...DID YOU SEE! it will be at least 4 years for a good x movie 51197
I SPACED THE COMA, DO YOU LOVE ME NOW!!!

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

colossus1979 wrote:
ChrisToPhenom wrote:Whoa! I'll read this sh-t when I get home from campus! Can you say paragraphs? Spaces after commas? Hrm? Hrm? Laughing

yes,i can also say DOUCHENOZZLE it will be at least 4 years for a good x movie 51197 (you know i love you) and i was more into the flow of what i was writing as opposed to "gee i hope this looks presentable".....i always gave my teachers hell because they loved what i was writing, but hated how it looked. and i spaced that one...DID YOU SEE! it will be at least 4 years for a good x movie 51197
I SPACED THE COMA, DO YOU LOVE ME NOW!!!
Hahaha! I'm tripping because I just got done critiquing my groups essays for my English class. I should get a B or A- when I turn mine in on Monday.

But I'll read this though-I think I know what you mean about the X-Men films and all.

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote: Hahaha! I'm tripping because I just got done critiquing my groups essays for my English class. I should get a B or A- when I turn mine in on Monday.

But I'll read this though-I think I know what you mean about the X-Men films and all.

dude you should see this one paper i wrote back in the day, it had more yellow and black than police tape. it will be at least 4 years for a good x movie 29517 i swear my teacher looks at me and says, "i think you do this with the intent of irritating me."

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

colossus1979 wrote:
ChrisToPhenom wrote: Hahaha! I'm tripping because I just got done critiquing my groups essays for my English class. I should get a B or A- when I turn mine in on Monday.

dude you should see this one paper i wrote back in the day, it had more yellow and black than police tape. it will be at least 4 years for a good x movie 29517 i swear my teacher looks at me and says, "i think you do this with the intent of irritating me."
:lol:Yeah, that's something my professor would say.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum