Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Back-Issue Buys

+17
pumkinheadfan
Sir Not
jaydee74
FroZen
Esbat
prescribeddrone
Rath99
Ric Magnum
Sci-Fi
Administrator
Ben Akers
Astro13Zombie
superdoug
Joshua
shining knight
blue halo
BlueMaxx
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:15 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Ben Akers wrote:Just got a huge run of Superman/Batman so now I have the entire 60 plus issue run of the series.
I'm about 10 issues away from the complete run, myself. It's a great book!

52Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:25 am

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

blue halo wrote:
I'm about 10 issues away from the complete run, myself. It's a great book!

I've actually just started reading the post-Jeph Loeb issues. I have to agree that its a great book. Maybe fun is the right word.

53Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:42 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Marvel:
Abominations #1-3 (Mini that takes place after Hulk: Future Imperfect.)
Hulk: Raging Thunder (Introduces She-Hulk, Lyta.)
All New Savage She-Hulk #1-4 (I was intrigued and thought I'd give it a try for the upcoming Hulk mini-event.)
X-Men: Die by the Sword #1-5 (Need it for Exiles completion.)

DC:
Batman #684 & 685 (To coincide with the Detective Comics I bought.)
Detective Comics #821-836, 841-845, 851-856 (Dini's run with the exception Resurrection of Ra's, skipping RIP because of trades, and catching up for Rucka/Batwoman/Renee.)
Batman: Battle for the Cowl #1-3, Arkham, Commissioner Gordon, Man-Bat, The Network, and Underground
The Weird #1-4
Hardcore Station #1-6
Adam Strange (1st series)#1-3 & (2nd series) #1-8
Bob the Galactic Bum #1-4

Mystery in Space (2nd series) #1-8 (Captain Comet is one my top 10 DC character right now. And Starlin equals win.)
Superman/Supergirl: Maelstrom #1-5 (Cheap, a dollar an ish, and someone told me it was really good.)
Scare Tactics #1-12 (I've heard mixed, but this is right up my alley. Thought I'd try it. Under a dollar an issue.)

54Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:39 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I Got a good deal on a ton of old british eagles from the 60s old dan dare stories here I come!

55Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:30 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I went to a show in NJ last week called the "Super Mega Con". There was nothing super or mega about it. It was a small show. Julie Newmar and Lee Meriwether were both there. Anyway, I did find 3 dealers who were cool and I got some good comics there:

Uncanny X-Men # 132, 134-137(Dark Phoenix Saga), 155, 158, 172, 240-242, 286-290

Amazing Spider-Man # 245, 275,276, 282, 285, 301, 316, 382

Incredible Hulk # 337-346

Wolverine Vol 2 # 10

Green Lantern Vol 3 #1, 196

The Batman Adventures #1

Baby's First Deadpool Book

56Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:14 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

While on my yearly labor day trip to Austin I picked up:

Suicide Squad #1,2,4,5,6,7,8
Exiles #15,50,55,58,63,69,70,71,78,82
Taskmaster #3
The Shade #1,3,4
JLA #4,5,6,9,16,17,22,23,24,25,26,30,31
The Flash #167,168,170,171,172,186,190,207,208,209,211,212,213,214,215
Ex Machina #24
Jonah Hex #24,26
Starman #79
House of Mystery #1,2,4,5,6,7,9,10,12
X-23: Target X #1
X-factor #2,25
Agent X #2
New X-men #123,124,125,126,127,140,141,142,143,144,145,146,147,148,150,151,152,153,154

57Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:03 am

Ric Magnum

Ric Magnum
Pirate
Pirate

Just got a nice copy of Uncanny X-Men #150 for a very good price. Love the cover.

58Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:49 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

[quote="Rath99"
Baby's First Deadpool Book[/quote]

How is that?

59Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:12 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:[quote="Rath99"
Baby's First Deadpool Book

How is that?[/quote]

It's pretty funny. Not to unlike most Deapool books. If you're a fan you should pick up but its nothing to really go out of your way for.

60Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:31 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Marvel:
All New Savage She-Hulk #1-4 (I was intrigued and thought I'd give it a try for the upcoming Hulk mini-event.)

DC:
Detective Comics #821-836, 841-845, 851-856 (Dini's run with the exception Resurrection of Ra's, skipping RIP because of trades, and catching up for Rucka/Batwoman/Renee.)
Batman: Battle for the Cowl #1-3, Arkham, Commissioner Gordon, Man-Bat, The Network, and Underground
The Weird #1-4
Hardcore Station #1-6

Mystery in Space (2nd series) #1-8 (Captain Comet is one my top 10 DC character right now. And Starlin equals win.)
Superman/Supergirl: Maelstrom #1-5 (Cheap, a dollar an ish, and someone told me it was really good.)
Scare Tactics #1-12 (I've heard mixed, but this is right up my alley. Thought I'd try it. Under a dollar an issue.)
[u]

All New Savage She-Hulk is great reading, sirrah! The fact it builds on Van Lente's A.R.M.O.R. group from Marvel Zombies 3 makes it extra fun. I hope Loeb doesn't ruin her.

http://realityfugitives.com/

61Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:59 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I think she's going to be in Pak's Incredible Hulk and Son of Hulk mostly.

Also, man, you guys loaded up.

62Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:27 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Marvel:

DC:
The Weird #1-4
Hardcore Station #1-6

I GOT IT TODAY!!! I'm so excited. Scare Tactics #7 wasn't available. That pisses me off. They shouldn't had it available. Grrr...ah well, I'm pumped for this. I got all of Dini's run on Detective Comics. Very Happy

63Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:34 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well I finally made time to hit the LCS with my son Saturday. Got a few issues for myself and several for my son (he's a Spider-man fanatic so if it had Spidey on it we bought it) Managed to pick up Wisdom issues #2,3, and 4 so now I'm looking for #1,5, and 6. I got the Astonishing X-men sketchbook and Moon Knight Saga freebies they had. Yeah...Freebies rock! Then I got
Jokers Asylum: Scarecrow #1 and Jokers Asylum: Two-face #1. Picked up a few Image comics, Darker Image #1, Meltdown #2,and Death Dealer #5. Picked up Witchblade #100 just because it was there and cheap and finally I picked up Midknight #1 cuz I thought the artwork was pretty smooth. We'll be going back the weekend after next to rifle through some more boxes. Gonna start making this a bi-weekly trip if not a weekly trip from now on. I'd forgotten how much fun I have with my son in our LCS.

64Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:36 am

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Grabbed Superman/Batman #34 yesterday, making it a complete run from 1-41, and only 5 issues remaining from making a complete run of every issue. I also grabbed Justice 1-12 yesterday, too. And my wife didn't yell at me!!! Very Happy

65Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:29 pm

Sci-Fi

Sci-Fi
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I didn't do this in a correct order cause I was just listing them as I went through the stack. I bought all these recently for 40 bucks. Which I still have to pay half of it.

I bought these recently. Lady Pendragon 1, something that I have no idea what it says, except for the word Laser and its from Eclipse, Shi and DareDevil 1 Banzai Edition, Witchblade: Family Ties part 1 issue 18, Witchblade Family ties part 4, issue 19, Witchblade issue 27, Evangeline issues 7, 8, and 9, Witchblade 22, 23 and 24, Shi/DareDevil 1, DareDevil/Shi None are so Blind, Witchblade 20 and 21, Withcblade 30, Lady Pendragon 3.

66Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:19 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FroZen wrote: Then I got Jokers Asylum: Scarecrow #1 and Jokers Asylum: Two-face #1. Picked up a few Image comics, Darker Image #1, Meltdown #2,and Death Dealer #5.
Joker's Asylum stuff is great. Find the others if you can. Oddly, not that it is bad, The Joker's issue of out of the one-shot miniseries was the weakest, I thought. Penguin's was the best, Poison Ivy and Scarecrow tie, and then Two-Face and then Joker.

Anyways, you know with Darker Image #1 that you have the first appearance of Julie Winters and The Maxx, right? So that's cool.

67Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:05 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My cousin just got me a very elusive back issue that has been missing from my collection for quite awhile. Green Lantern Corps #201:
Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Green%20Lantern%20Corps%20201
First appearance of Kilowog.

68Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:37 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I'm now 2 issues away from the complete run of Supes/Bats... Very excited to be finally catching up to the current storylines. I'd have to say, this is offically my favourite current on-going series, tied only with Deadpool.

69Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Tue Oct 06, 2009 9:47 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

blue halo wrote:I'm now 2 issues away from the complete run of Supes/Bats... Very excited to be finally catching up to the current storylines. I'd have to say, this is offically my favourite current on-going series, tied only with Deadpool.

Nice. I've missed out but it's cool to have a complete collection of something. I always feel accomplished when I do that.

70Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:51 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:
blue halo wrote:I'm now 2 issues away from the complete run of Supes/Bats... Very excited to be finally catching up to the current storylines. I'd have to say, this is offically my favourite current on-going series, tied only with Deadpool.

Nice. I've missed out but it's cool to have a complete collection of something. I always feel accomplished when I do that.
It's true! Beyond the Supes/Bats, I've also got the complete run of Astonishing X-Men, Trinity, 52, and Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.

71Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:10 pm

blue halo

blue halo
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Just grabbed JLA 0-6 (from the new series) and GL #1 (also new series). I also needed to pick up a bunch of deviders to accomidate the new titles in the boxes. Its getting a little silly!

72Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:32 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Batman #686 (Got lucky with this one. Didn't even pay $4 for near-mint.)
Detective Comics #840 (To go with my Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul trade.)
Batman: The Doom That Came to Gotham #1-3 (Do you know how long I've wanted this Elseworlds?!)
Manhunter (3rd Series) #1-38 (Took some of your guys' advice, specifically Rollo's, and finally get to read Kate's original story.)
Flash (2nd Series) #1-12 + Annual #1 (Thought I'd start up completing Wally's run again.)
Monolith #1-12 (Combo between word-of-mouth and Power Girl's new title.)
Couldn't get Terra's 4 issue mini complete, so I said no thanks to that. Wish it was, though. Would've went well with this. I'll get it later.
The Light Brigade #1-4 (Obscure series by Tomasi. Buck an ish, so I thought I'd give it a try.)

For my brother's Christmas:
Green Lantern: Willworld HC/1st Printing. (Mother-frickin' thing was expensive for a gn so light with the pages.)
Lex Luthor: Man of Steel #1-5 (My brother and I liked Joker by Azzarello, so I thought he'd dig this. Not a Superman fan, like most of you know, but I like Luthor. Might read this myself before Christmas. Kind of shoddy? Eh, no one'll know. But you. neutral)

73Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:34 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Dude I do the same thing when I get my cousin something lol

74Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:27 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Heh! Glad I'm not alone.

75Back-Issue Buys - Page 3 Empty Re: Back-Issue Buys Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:29 pm

Ben Akers

Ben Akers
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Unfortunately, I usually already own anything I buy for people.

But then again, generally people I buy comics for want to my stamp of approval on things. lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum