Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

permanent nerd

+3
colossus1979
Denim
kidspider2099
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1permanent nerd Empty permanent nerd Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:55 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

according to my Brother if I dress up a comic-con i'm permanent nerd. To me that sounds totally awesome. I wanna be a bigger nerd.

2permanent nerd Empty Re: permanent nerd Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:32 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Is your brother one of those closet nerds? I don't and will never understand the people that poke fun of others for doing things they like. Everyone is different in their own ways. I used to have a friend that was a big time comic fan, but at cons, he would act like everyone else there was beneath him, including me. While folks have their diffrences and I may not always agree with them , to call someone a "permanet nerd" just kind of shows that either:
a) Your brother maybe just playing along and trying to get you riled up
b) Your brother is trying to protect you from doing something he may view as a emberrasing reflection onto himself or to you, which he should not, look at people like Ska, Pete, Airwold, Tenime, Kearstin, Frodo, and Knize. I admire that they cosplay, I wish I not only had the money but the creativity they had to do it. I would hardly call them "permanent neerds"
Kid, just do what you want to do. If it is something you enjoy and is not gonna cause you to go to jail, then live it up.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

3permanent nerd Empty Re: permanent nerd Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:42 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

my brother is kinda geeky but would never admit it. I would say he's a movie geek and. He doesn't read comic but has kinda got into comic book movies.

4permanent nerd Empty Re: permanent nerd Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:45 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i was gonna get a snake eyes, but i'm entirely too fat.....btw i did agree with what you were saying about the adult threads, at the same time i also believe we all should be able to post comfortably and free without offending anyone, and i was about to say as much but the topic got locked so i'll say it here...way to step up and rock the big boy pants about what you believe sir. Wink

5permanent nerd Empty Re: permanent nerd Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:34 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My husband calls me a "geek" and "nerd" all the time...I take it as a compliment. He actually took me to my first horror convention and ended up having as much fun as I did. I feel at home at a horror convention and can't wait to go to my first comic one. It is a place where people feel they belong and can bond with other people...some people just don't get it.

I am really on the fence about cosplaying I really want to cosplay Shaun of the Dead.

I say nerd on headbang

6permanent nerd Empty Re: permanent nerd Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:25 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:My husband calls me a "geek" and "nerd" all the time...I take it as a compliment. He actually took me to my first horror convention and ended up having as much fun as I did. I feel at home at a horror convention and can't wait to go to my first comic one. It is a place where people feel they belong and can bond with other people...some people just don't get it.

I am really on the fence about cosplaying I really want to cosplay Shaun of the Dead.

I say nerd on headbang

My brother calling me Nerd doesn't bother me at all. I totally embrace it.

Cons are awesome It's nice to be surrounded by people who actually know who stan lee. Course my brother does know who stan lee is cause he's seen mallrats.

7permanent nerd Empty Re: permanent nerd Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:14 am

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:

My brother calling me Nerd doesn't bother me at all. I totally embrace it.

Cons are awesome It's nice to be surrounded by people who actually know who stan lee. Course my brother does know who stan lee is cause he's seen mallrats.

the last thing i went to was wizard world in philly a couple years ago, they had alot of cool cosplay people, one guy told me it took him a couple weeks to piece together his transmetropolitan deal he was wearing. i would do it save for the searching to be exact would drive me nuts

8permanent nerd Empty Re: permanent nerd Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:12 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

how is dressing up to a con any different than dressing up to any other event? what because it isn't a rock concert, sporting event or some vip staff meeting, it's bad?

fuck that shit.

9permanent nerd Empty Re: permanent nerd Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:15 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:how is dressing up to a con any different than dressing up to any other event? what because it isn't a rock concert, sporting event or some vip staff meeting, it's bad?

fuck that shit.
Agreed.

10permanent nerd Empty Re: permanent nerd Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:09 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

prescribeddrone wrote:how is dressing up to a con any different than dressing up to any other event? what because it isn't a rock concert, sporting event or some vip staff meeting, it's bad?

fuck that shit.

I have no idea.

It's like its okay for grown men to wear body paint to sporting events but its not okay to paint yourselr blue and dress as nightcrawler.

11permanent nerd Empty Re: permanent nerd Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:02 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

permanerd!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum