Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The official; Doctor who thread

+28
Nubbins
GigaToast
Frank M. Reding
WonderWoman2.0
pumkinheadfan
Sapphire Gypsy
Juggalojohn
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
ChrisToPhenom
MikeSabian
Foreigner_Man
melvinlikechris
Denim
Que
comicgeekelly
elijahdprophet
Joshua
TheUnalteredOne
BlueMaxx
Ska
supervenom
jaydee74
FroZen
Justin
Jherek
Silent K
superdoug
shining knight
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 36 of 42]

876The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:35 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Um...I have that figure boxset...it is glorious really glorious

oh

http://2000ad.wordpress.com/2010/12/16/karen-gillan-because-um/

whistles innocently...

877The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:08 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Not sure if you guys talked about this, but the original series is coming out in boxset. Well, half of it.

http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Who-Beginning-Unearthy-Destruction/dp/B000CNESV2/ref=pd_luc_top_sim_03_03_t_lh

This is what I've been waiting for, chronologically released seasons/episodes. I'd really like to start from the beginning with Doctor Who, so buy the heck out of this so it'll continue.

878The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:50 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Not sure if you guys talked about this, but the original series is coming out in boxset. Well, half of it.

http://www.amazon.com/Doctor-Who-Beginning-Unearthy-Destruction/dp/B000CNESV2/ref=pd_luc_top_sim_03_03_t_lh

This is what I've been waiting for, chronologically released seasons/episodes. I'd really like to start from the beginning with Doctor Who, so buy the heck out of this so it'll continue.

I thought that already came out. I rented that on Netflix awhile ago. They were great episodes. Loved them and may buy them. I really need to get some Doctor Who on DVD. I really want the 5 Doctors as well.

879The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:57 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah its been out for years

its the entirety of the first season that exists and the existing audio from the marco polo episode plus loads of lovely docs and other cool extras this is the uk box of it

The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 51Q9N345B3L

Sorry to break it to you but I don't think there ever will be a proper chronological release of doctor who outside of the new series, Master trilogy, e-space or the key to time and trial of a time lord boxsets

880The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:03 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Hey good news for those of you who get BBC America. You'll be able to watch the Xmas Dr. Who on Xmas Day with us Brits! I'm counting the days - from the trails it looks awesome!

881The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:50 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:
Spaced4SimonPegg (Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:30 pm) wrote:I am just now watching Dr. Who...the 9th Dr.
That's a pretty good season. I like the 9th Doctor.

I really liked him too...I was sad to see him go Crying or Very sad onto David Tennant.

882The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:53 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:
Spaced4SimonPegg (Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:30 pm) wrote:I am just now watching Dr. Who...the 9th Dr.
That's a pretty good season. I like the 9th Doctor.

I really liked him too...I was sad to see him go Crying or Very sad onto David Tennant.
Yeah, it was sad. I thought Christopher Eccleston did a "FANTASTIC" job as the Doctor. I thought it was a strong season but from what I remember, people already knew pretty early on that he was only going to be on for one season. As a matter of fact, I heard that on BBC, they would play commercials for a show called "Cassanova" which starred David Tennent to get people used to him maybe? I do love the era of the #9 though.

I just saw "Spearhead from Space" and really enjoyed it. It was a great intro for the Third Doctor and Liz Shaw. I'm looking forward to more stories with the Third Doctor after that.

883The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:48 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

Christopher Eccleston was great in the role..he had Baker's grin, the attitude of Hartnell, and brought a cool factor back to the show.

Here's a bit of caroling that'll hopefully wet your appetites for the X-mas special:

I'm most likely not going to posting very much in the next couple days, so Merry Christmas to everyone!

884The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:09 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really want to start watching the old stuff.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

885The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:41 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:I really want to start watching the old stuff.
DO IT! Wink

886The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:48 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:I really want to start watching the old stuff.
Oh, you should. It's a lot of fun.

887The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:23 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just finished watching Time Warrior. What a great Third Doctor story. Is this the introduction to the Sontarans? What a interesting introduction to Sarah Jane Smith. The beginnings of their relationship is quite interesting. It's a great story though and I'm beginning to very much like the Third Doctor.

888The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:38 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

Yep that's the first Sontaran tale.

889The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed Dec 22, 2010 8:38 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jherek wrote:Yep that's the first Sontaran tale.
It was a great story. I really enjoyed it. The introduction of Sarah Jane was cool as well.

890The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:23 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I got volume 4 of the Doctor Who soundtrack that is a double disc that's got all the music from the Tennant Specials. Looking forward to listening to this.

891The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:25 am

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

supervenom wrote:DO IT! Wink

jaydee74 wrote:
Oh, you should. It's a lot of fun.

I know I should, it's just that the vast majority of things that were created before I was born I just don't have much interest in. It's too dated for me I think. Plus then I have to watch old geezers be the Doctor, not some pretty boy. tongue

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

892The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:49 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I knew about the other boxsets. The release says it's new. don't know I just thought that they were starting it from the beginning and continuing or something. Like they did with Twilight Zone and other things. Still have hopes that they'll eventually have some sort of chronology in the future.

893The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:19 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:I know I should, it's just that the vast majority of things that were created before I was born I just don't have much interest in. It's too dated for me I think. Plus then I have to watch old geezers be the Doctor, not some pretty boy. tongue

I guess I could understand that. Some of the classic stuff is before I was born too. I was born in the time of the 4th Doctor, (1974) and I kind of like seeing what came before in the history of Doctor Who. Part of what I think set Doctor Who apart from other shows was that you had an older man in the lead and he won the day with his charm and intellect which for a show about space and time travel adventures was kind of neat. The Doctor also had some younger male companions that I think women liked. I do know that there are women who always thought that Peter Davidson (the 5th Doctor) was kind of cute.

It's a matter of getting past certain undeniable truths like bad special effects and alien costumes and get to the story that the episode is telling and you might like it. Or you can just stick with the new series and that's cool too.
Smile

894The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:55 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I just finished reading Doctor Who: The Forgotten in trade. I really enjoyed it. I have read a couple of the singe issues but this is the first time I really read the story from the beginning to end and it was such an amazing 10th Doctor story that encompasses all of Doctor Who. I loved how you got a short story with each of the previous Doctors and we saw cameos of so many past companions. This was a great read and I do recommend it to just about anyone who likes classic and new Doctor Who.

895The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:37 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 David_tennant

Last edited by jaydee74 on Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total

896The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:32 pm

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I really liked the 9th Doctor as well and wished he would of stayed around longer, though I do LOVE David. That being said.............ONE more day till new Doctor Who!

897The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:54 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

WHOO HOO! New Doctor Who tonight!

898The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:10 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

WOW!! I'm gonna have to watch that again. The combination of a heavy Xmas dinner and the exquisitely written and performed new Doctor Who was pretty overwhelming. I didn't think there could be a way of putting any kind of new spin on 'A Christmas Carol' but Moffat pulled it off. Fave bits? -
Spoiler:

899The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:28 am

Nubbins

Nubbins
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

This was one of the best episodes ever! I loved every moment of it! The casting for this episode was fantastic! I don't want to say too much till others have a chance to watch it, but I will say that Abegails singing about made me cry. The writing was phenomenal. Matt Smith is also coming into his own as the Doctor, but you could see a lot of Tenet in his characteristics this time around.
The previews for the up coming season has me on the edge of my seat already!

900The official; Doctor who thread - Page 36 Empty Re: The official; Doctor who thread Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:37 am

Parallax_48

Parallax_48
Cadet
Cadet

I loved it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 36 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum