Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hollywood is running out of ideas

+6
Gojiratoho
Debaser77
Silent K
Joshua
ChrisToPhenom
kidspider2099
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Hollywood is running out of ideas Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:11 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't believe hollywood. They are making a movie made in to 2007. True its a british movie but it doesn't mean that no one in the Us has seen it. I've seen the original and thought it was awesome.

The new version doesn't even look interesting.

2Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:16 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

KidSpider2099: Hollywood is running out of ideas (echo #9,223, 272)

Yes, I heard about this but even though I like Chris Rock and all-I can can care less about this film unless it gets good reception. Cay you can The Honeymooners?

3Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:22 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:KidSpider2099: Hollywood is running out of ideas (echo #9,223, 272)

Yes, I heard about this but even though I like Chris Rock and all-I can can care less about this film unless it gets good reception. Cay you can The Honeymooners?

I didn't even see that and i don't think i ever will.

I'm not a huge fan of Black movies. I don't tend to get them seeing how i'm totally white its lost on me.

4Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:22 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hollywood is not running out of ideas. At least, not at a faster rate than they ever have. They have always done remakes and reboots of existing concepts. The longer cinema exists, though, the more material there is to mine from it and so it may seem like there's a greater output. The ratio of original ideas to recycled ones is no different then there ever was.

5Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

For such a strong cast, I at least wish it looked decent. I watched a clip of Tracy Morgan with Danny Glover's shit on his hand. SNORE.

kidspider2099 wrote:
I'm not a huge fan of Black movies. I don't tend to get them seeing how i'm totally white its lost on me.

Shocked

6Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Soul Plane was awesome!

7Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:29 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:For such a strong cast, I at least wish it looked decent. I watched a clip of Tracy Morgan with Danny Glover's shit on his hand. SNORE.

kidspider2099 wrote:

Shocked

its true.

8Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:32 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Alan Tudyk's character from the original is now played by James "Cyclops" Marsden. DOWNGRADE!!!

And Peter Dinklage plays the same character in the remake. I guess he's the go-to little person in Hollywood.

9Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:33 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:Alan Tudyk's character from the original is now played by James "Cyclops" Marsden. DOWNGRADE!!!

And Peter Dinklage plays the same character in the remake. I guess he's the go-to little person in Hollywood.

It's funny that Alan an american plays a british guy.

10Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:34 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:

I dunno, some of the Black movies I've seen are quite good, and some were real stinkers.
Hollywood is running out of ideas Jack-black-400a052307

......oh, or were you referring to Nicola Black? She's more of a documentary director than a movie director.
Hollywood is running out of ideas Nicola_Black_snap

11Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:35 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Soul Plane was awesome!
Oh, know this b-tch didn't! Laughing

The only thing good about Suol Plane was the start to the take off of the plane with Styles P "I Get High" in the background. After that... *Zzz*

Friday FTW!-

Hollywood is running out of ideas Friday-br-art

12Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:39 pm

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is something that always bothered me about DVD/VHS/Bluray covers. They list the actors in order of billing, but more often than not the shot they pick (or composite, which really chaps my ass!) of the principal characters puts them in the wrong order. Looking at that cover, if I had no idea who either actor was, I'd assume the bug eyed guy in the hat was Ice Cube and the fuller faced fellow was Chris Tucker.

13Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:40 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:Alan Tudyk's character from the original is now played by James "Cyclops" Marsden. DOWNGRADE!!!
I'm not sure it is. While I like Tudyk fine, I also think Marsden is a solid and underrated actor.

It's funny that Alan an american plays a british guy.
huh

14Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:50 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Joshua wrote:
I'm not sure it is. While I like Tudyk fine, I also think Marsden is a solid and underrated actor.

I don't dislike Marsden, but I doubt he's got Tudyk's charisma or comic timing. I may be wrong, though. He might do a great job in this.

15Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:53 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I thought he was rather funny in Hairspray, Enchanted, and Sex Drive. He's also the only version of Cyclops I've ever liked.

16Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:55 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

He was pretty funny in Enchanted.

17Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:56 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Gojiratoho wrote:
kidspider2099 wrote:

I dunno, some of the Black movies I've seen are quite good, and some were real stinkers.
Hollywood is running out of ideas Jack-black-400a052307

......oh, or were you referring to Nicola Black? She's more of a documentary director than a movie director.
Hollywood is running out of ideas Nicola_Black_snap

Laughing

Gojiratoho wrote:This is something that always bothered me about DVD/VHS/Bluray covers. They list the actors in order of billing, but more often than not the shot they pick (or composite, which really chaps my ass!) of the principal characters puts them in the wrong order. Looking at that cover, if I had no idea who either actor was, I'd assume the bug eyed guy in the hat was Ice Cube and the fuller faced fellow was Chris Tucker.

^THIS

That shit is just whack, yo.

18Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:22 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love Friday and Next Friday.

"You got knocked the fuck out!"

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

19Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:33 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:I love Friday and Next Friday.

"You got knocked the fuck out!"

Laughing

Hollywood is running out of ideas T_534594da157d180b48fd0ae4a9ba6c633

Speaking of Chris Tucker, Ice Cube said in an interview about Smokey returning from rehab that they've talked about it but Chris' been ducking the idea so he's not going to do if Chris doesn't.

Chris Tucker's has gained a lot of weight by the way.

20Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:44 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i saw Next friday and totally didn't get it i didn't find it funny at all.

21Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:52 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:

Hollywood is running out of ideas Yeah-s10

Anyways, I like said movies. I normally don't care for comedies but those of those always have me laughing.

22Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Tue Mar 23, 2010 6:53 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have a wierd sense of humor i guess.

23Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:31 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:i saw Next friday and totally didn't get it i didn't find it funny at all.

"Get"? There's nothing to "get" from that movie. Maybe because you didn't watch the original-that could be why you didn't get the story but seriously...

You understand Superbad or The Hangover, this is no exception at all.

24Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:31 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Black cinema (especially comedies) is much like black stand up comedy. Tired ass jokes and themes that have been recycled by untalented hacks for decades, who get to do whatever it is they're doing because minorities push quotas on entertaiment fields that they have to fill, and said fields just pick the first ones that come along. Exceptions of course include Chappelle and Pryor for comedy, and Boys In the Hood for film. Then, a mass of black people go to the movies because it's what's expected, even though the movies constantly insult their intelligence, and are often more rascist than anything a white person could have made.

25Hollywood is running out of ideas Empty Re: Hollywood is running out of ideas Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:10 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

^ Not a Tyler Perry fan, T-Matts? Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum