Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anybody got any ideas?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anybody got any ideas? Empty Anybody got any ideas? Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:47 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Okay so the desktop appears to be dead, but it's come back from the brink about 3 times. So I'm looking to save it again. When it's turned on it says;

"Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

Then when you put the recovery disk in it, it says;

"No hard drive found.
PC Recovery cannot be continued!

Press any key to continue"

When I press a key it just restarts. I'm pretty sure that it's dead, but if anybody would know any way to save it, that'd be cool and I'll love you.

2Anybody got any ideas? Empty Re: Anybody got any ideas? Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:07 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If you have a laptop, try removing the battery and putting it back in and trying it again.

PC or laptop: When it's booting, rapid fire press the f12 until you get a menu, go down to "run diagnostics," or whatever it may say about diagonostics, and if it can't find your hard drive, game over. Time for a new one. Not to be a downer.

3Anybody got any ideas? Empty Re: Anybody got any ideas? Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:01 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Whip it out.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

4Anybody got any ideas? Empty Re: Anybody got any ideas? Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:36 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

take the floppy disk out of the drive.

But seriously, if it can't find your hard drive, I'd say it's toast.

5Anybody got any ideas? Empty Re: Anybody got any ideas? Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:57 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm pretty sure it's dead. My mom's going to buy a new one, but I figured I'd try to bring it back to save her the money. Thanks for the help though.

6Anybody got any ideas? Empty Re: Anybody got any ideas? Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:35 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Sucks.

Heytherejeffro wrote:Whip it out.
lol! That doesn't solve every problem, Jeff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum