Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Classics you're embarrassed you haven't read yet

+17
NorrinRadd
dmahoney
deadbolt85
jaydee74
Administrator
alucardbarnivous
Heytherejeffro
Matt
kidspider2099
rwe1138
Foreigner_Man
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
BlueMaxx
prescribeddrone
Joshua
Rath99
Bigtymin504
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

alucardbarnivous wrote:Watchmen
Batman: Dark Knight Returns
X-Men: Proteus
X-Men: Mutant Massacre
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Shocked

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tomer Soiker wrote:
Really?! Who's your friend?
Shawn McManus (Vol 5)

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Heytherejeffro wrote:
Tomer Soiker wrote:
Shawn McManus (Vol 5)
Cool!

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:Batman: The Dark Knight Returns

Classics you're embarrassed you haven't read yet - Page 2 Dark_knight_returns

Don't judge me. blush
I read it. Didn't like it but I'm also not a fan of Frank Miller.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Heytherejeffro wrote:
I have Transmetropolitan V.1, but I haven't been very motivated to continue, even though the 1st volume was really decent (THANKS SECRET SANTA!)

Also, I own the complete Bone, but I haven't read much of it.
I've almost bought the Bone Collection so many times, just not solid on if it'll be cutesy or have something deeper like Cerebus or what.

Oh, and Transmet gets exponentially cooler and thicker with its social commentary by the beginning of, I'd say, Volume 3: Year of the Bastard.

Tomer Soiker wrote:
Top 10
Squadron Supreme
Sin City (only read the first book)
X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills
Maus (I should be ashamed of myself, I know)
Always wanted to read Top 10. I've read the mini Smax and thought it was a really funky universe(s).
Squadron Supreme...seems interesting.
Sin City gets better and better. I love Marv, but his stories are the most linear, while, paradoxically, being the epitome of what Sin City is all about.
I honestly thought X-Men: God Loves, Man Kills wasn't too great. Didn't feel like I was missing much, I guess is what I'm trying to say.
Maus...I've wanted to borrow it.

Tomer Soiker wrote:
Heytherejeffro wrote:
Tomer Soiker wrote:
Shawn McManus (Vol 5)
Cool!
Very cool! You know him? I'm jealous. ...bastard.
Classics you're embarrassed you haven't read yet - Page 2 Sandman_ShawnMcManus_Death

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Damn, this thread made me realize that I haven't read even more classics than I thought Laughing The X-Men stuff sounds cool on paper but it's hard to get into with that older style compared to the modern style.

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

prescribeddrone wrote:Damn, this thread made me realize that I haven't read even more classics than I thought Laughing The X-Men stuff sounds cool on paper but it's hard to get into with that older style compared to the modern style.

For me it's the exact opposite. Other then Morrison's run, X-men has not been as good as Claremont/Byrne

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Matt wrote:
prescribeddrone wrote:Damn, this thread made me realize that I haven't read even more classics than I thought Laughing The X-Men stuff sounds cool on paper but it's hard to get into with that older style compared to the modern style.

For me it's the exact opposite. Other then Morrison's run, X-men has not been as good as Claremont/Byrne
Have you tried Whedon's Astonishing? It's stellar.

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Matt wrote:

I did and I didn't care for it. I've never really liked anything by Whedon.

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Matt wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:
Matt wrote:

I did and I didn't care for it. I've never really liked anything by Whedon.
K. don't know

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow. I'm seeing a lot of crap that I need to read

Maus is on top of the list

Reading Planetary now. I'm enjoying it.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I was looking up Planetary earlier and could someone tell me if Planetary: Crossing Worlds take place during the series or after...?

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

Foreigner_Man wrote:Pretty much everything. Laughing
^ This. I once said that I only really dig on comcs as as storytelling medium and art form. Superheroes have never really appealed to me, and to be totally honest, for most of my young life I was actually really into Calvin and Hobbes, and The Far Side, and really wanted to do my own newspaper comic, heh. That being said, my sixth grade English teacher handed me a copy of Bone: The great cow race and Watchmen. After that, I just started going to the library and started reading all kinds of GN's and trades. None of 'em classics, other than Maus, lol. I too have a bit of catching up to do. Ignore this rambing wall of text.

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

*looks at Matt's signature*

Shocked

(PBF rocks!)

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

Heytherejeffro wrote:
Joshua wrote:
Heytherejeffro wrote:
Also, I own the complete Bone
Too...many...jokes. Can't...pick...one.
I've been too busy having sex with it.

The papercuts. Oh, the humanity...

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
I've almost bought the Bone Collection so many times, just not solid on if it'll be cutesy or have something deeper like Cerebus or what.

Tomer Soiker wrote:
Heytherejeffro wrote:
Tomer Soiker wrote:
Shawn McManus (Vol 5)
Cool!
Very cool! You know him? I'm jealous. ...bastard.
Classics you're embarrassed you haven't read yet - Page 2 Sandman_ShawnMcManus_Death

Shawn's awesome if you can get his ass out of the house. He's one of the hardest working, nicest professionals out there.

Also, Cerebus is another one I need to get on. I have Volume 1, just haven't motivated myself to read it.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Classics you're embarrassed you haven't read yet - Page 2 Absolute-sandman-cover

But I plan to, I swear.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Damn right, "you promise!" Wink World of good. The first one is quite a ride, but the second volume is when Gaiman and gang were freed from the publisher's asking of a cohesive universe. Then Neil takes off into concepts and deeper writing.

Heytherejeffro wrote:Also, Cerebus is another one I need to get on. I have Volume 1, just haven't motivated myself to read it.
I have a few books, comics/GNs that need reading, and that I almost feel ashamed to have because people come over and ask about them and I have no opinion on them yet. Heh.

Matt

Matt
Pirate
Pirate

BlueMaxx wrote:
Heytherejeffro wrote:Also, Cerebus is another one I need to get on. I have Volume 1, just haven't motivated myself to read it.
I have a few books, comics/GNs that need reading, and that I almost feel ashamed to have because people come over and ask about them and I have no opinion on them yet. Heh.

You really only need to read up to vol 5. After that the series takes a very weird and uninteresting turn. Dave Sim was going through his divorce and spending all of his time in the bar, and so did Cerebus.

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^That sig is awesome!! lol

I still have to finish Preacher and Sandman.

NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd
Cadet
Cadet

I have never read The Killing Joke. Shame on me!

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

NorrinRadd wrote:I have never read The Killing Joke. Shame on me!

Yes. Read this. It's a must!!

Spider_Fan14

Spider_Fan14
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not embarrsed to haven't read most of the ones mentioned, I just feel like reading them.

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Can't think of too many I haven't read, the real question is how many do I remember! Laughing

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Cereberus.

Can't wrap my head around it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum