Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

ret-conning good idea or bad idea

+4
jaydee74
rwe1138
BlueMaxx
kidspider2099
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ret-conning good idea or bad idea Empty ret-conning good idea or bad idea Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:20 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think when its used well it can work but sometimes i think it just makes things confusing. Like the whole bottle city of Kandor thing there was several versions and then boom they fix it but will be only version or will they change it later.

2ret-conning good idea or bad idea Empty Re: ret-conning good idea or bad idea Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:13 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

retconning has saved many comic mythologies continuity errors. Never found them to be a problem with the characters/titles I enjoy. I'm sure Hawkman fans would say different, amongst others, but I'll lean towards good ideas.

3ret-conning good idea or bad idea Empty Re: ret-conning good idea or bad idea Fri Apr 02, 2010 1:57 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

kidspider2099 wrote:I think when its used well it can work but sometimes i think it just makes things confusing.

Got it in one. Just like most anything, it's quality can vary depending on the usage.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

4ret-conning good idea or bad idea Empty Re: ret-conning good idea or bad idea Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:52 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Depends.

5ret-conning good idea or bad idea Empty Re: ret-conning good idea or bad idea Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:57 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I seriously am not a huge fan of ret cons, I don't even know what is what in Superman anymore. I really loved the retcon Bynre did and I feel it should of stayed that way, but sheesh, I am so lost now it is not even funny. It seems as if everything nowadys is being ret conned in someway or another.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

6ret-conning good idea or bad idea Empty Re: ret-conning good idea or bad idea Fri Apr 02, 2010 6:24 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:I seriously am not a huge fan of ret cons, I don't even know what is what in Superman anymore. I really loved the retcon Bynre did and I feel it should of stayed that way, but sheesh, I am so lost now it is not even funny. It seems as if everything nowadys is being ret conned in someway or another.

yeah the bryne redo has been erased from continuity even the mark waid story arc birthright has been erased.

7ret-conning good idea or bad idea Empty Re: ret-conning good idea or bad idea Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:00 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

When you have creative and editorial team change as often as they do retconing is a necessary evil. I just don't like it when they use it to erase a story or history because they don't like it......Quesada!!!

8ret-conning good idea or bad idea Empty Re: ret-conning good idea or bad idea Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:39 am

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

when used well, i dont have too many problems wit it

9ret-conning good idea or bad idea Empty Re: ret-conning good idea or bad idea Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:47 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's 50/50. It sorta makes a certain numbers of issues obsolete and forgotten yet it could be done in a good creative way that doesn't render everything obsolete without making you feel that getting "all the issues" was pointless and you might as well just stick with the blockbuster event books without the 100+ of ongoings of a certain book.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum