Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate)

+4
Thundermatts
Esbat
Janson
hrdwrkngXsoldier
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:46 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

A Merry Marvel Mutant X-pert has found a new home at the PoP!

I'm glad to be here and ready to tackle questions about Marvels Mutants.
As in the disclaimer title, my knowledge is limited to things tied to 616 continuity and includes Age of Apocolypse, Exiles, Mutant X, even What If? I hate and loathe the Ultimate Universe, and refuse to learn anything about it more than the fact that it shouldn't exsists.

2Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:43 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Here's one what are all the currently functioning X related teams in the 616? Title or no title how many X teams are there right now. How many are Wolverine on?

3Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:48 am

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Janson wrote:Here's one what are all the currently functioning X related teams in the 616? Title or no title how many X teams are there right now. How many are Wolverine on?

Are we including the space War of Kings X-men in this?

And the Uncanny cast keeps basicly a rotating spot or two it seems now. I never really think of them as teams anymore. I almost feel like they are the modern West Coast Avengers. I'm going to take an alibi on this one for now, and answer it after the launch of New Mutants, I think the teams will be better defind for the most part.

4Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:54 am

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Ok cool. And yeah any "hero" team that has any connection to the X-Men, would GLI be counted as such?

5Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:41 pm

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So who's tougher Ultimate Wolverine or Marvel Zombies Wolverine? Both having no basis in 616 :p

http://realityfugitives.com/

6Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:27 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You're taking an alibi?

7Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:01 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Yes, the new ones come in nifty colors.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

8Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:27 pm

Justin

Justin
Pirate
Pirate

Is Deadpool's real name Wade Wilson or Jack?

Was he in the Canadian military or was he a merc before he was pressed into the weapon X program?

And at what point did he kill Mercedes Wilson?

Also, is he the same person as agent X?

Is Loki his dad?

Who built him a new image inducer when he broke the one Weasel made him?

Why can't he decide whether or not he kills people?

Did he get busy with death?

WTF!?

9Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:59 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

Justin wrote:Is Deadpool's real name Wade Wilson or Jack?

Was he in the Canadian military or was he a merc before he was pressed into the weapon X program?

Is Loki his dad?

WTF!?

I think he did do the horizontal mambo with death. I think deep down he wants to be a good guy but his psycho brain won't allow it, and IIRC his real name Wade Wilson was adopted from one of his victims(T-Ray). Which reminds me where is T-Ray?

10Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:34 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Is Loki his dad?

WTF!?
Keyser Soze.

He was a scout.

After she ate all the cookies he made for his scout buddies.

No, that's James Garner.

Yes, and his mother.

Mephisto.

He's now in a phase where he believes everyone are zombies.

Always.

Indeed.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

11Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:48 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Is Loki his dad?

WTF!?

I leave for a day and get questions.

1. I go with Wade Wilson, it can be argued to death but that is his current identity.

2. all ready addressed above. But he was a mercenary before Department K approached him.

3. The whole thing with him killing mercedes was "lies" fed to him by T-ray, The resurection of her was also done by T-ray supposedly.

4. Agent X actually is a completely different character that ended up being very similar to deadpool because of some crazyness that happend during the Black Swan Story which can be seen during Funeral for a Freek and such, but wasn't revealed until later when he made his return. It is so hard to get, that you should just pick up the books. They are all hillarious no less.

5. No.

6. Henry McCoy or Forge, he got it from Cable I believe. (I may be wrong)

7. Deadpool lives in his own reality, he has some form of right and wrong, and a little stabbing of honor, but really I think the writer takes the wheel for the point of the story.

8. No but he almost did, which is why Thanos cursed him to never die.

9. Ain't it great.

12Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:49 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Esbat wrote:So who's tougher Ultimate Wolverine or Marvel Zombies Wolverine? Both having no basis in 616 :p

Zombie wolverine. He's a zombie. duh

13Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:50 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DickGrayson007 wrote:

I think he did do the horizontal mambo with death. I think deep down he wants to be a good guy but his psycho brain won't allow it, and IIRC his real name Wade Wilson was adopted from one of his victims(T-Ray). Which reminds me where is T-Ray?

T-Ray was resurected by Deadpool and Brother Voodoo. Wade can not exist with out T-ray or vice versa, they are the yin and yang that holds the universe together. Current where-abouts unknown.

14Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:52 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:You're taking an alibi?

Just not on the PoP much yesterday.... Everything in due time. I'm getting excited about new Mutant right now and am currently working on a big project regarding the 198, basically a who's who of mutants continuity check for everybody.

15Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:24 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You need to look up alibi.

16Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:29 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

LOL. Well there are many contexts under which to use the word. We use it freequently in government meetings, the way I believe you are using it, but if it is in the judiciary instance, than I was at the library all day.

17Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:18 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I actually scoured the net looking for another meaning and came up empty. I'm so confused. LOL

18Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:32 am

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

In the military durring the meetings the term alibi is used as a term to get any information out that you forgot to put out during the meeting. At the end of the meeting the comander/cheif will say, "are there any alibis" (or however you would pluralize that word) But the military is a different world all together. Most people don't sit in on command and staff meetings either, but I had to for years, and still do with my current job.

19Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Mon May 11, 2009 3:34 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Janson wrote:Ok cool. And yeah any "hero" team that has any connection to the X-Men, would GLI be counted as such?

Here is the answer to your question. Young X-men may be added in the future if they get another sot at an ongoing. Here is your core stories right now though. And no GLI does not count, they are an initiative team Smile.

X-Force:
(given orders by cyclops)
Wolverine
Domino
X-23
Elixer
Vanisher
Archangel
Warpath

Currently working with:
Deadpool
Cable
Hope

Astonishing X-Men:
Cyclops
Armor
Emma Frost
Beast
Wolverine
Storm

Possibly going to work with Forge

Legacy X-men:
Professer X
Danger
Gambit
Rogue

Uncanny Xmen:
Stepford Cuckoos
Wolverine
Hepzbah
Cyclops
Collosus
Nightcrawler
Emma Frost
Northstar
Beast
And a rotating cast of many others

Beast working with:
Dr. Kavita rao
Madison Jefferies
Dr. Yuriko Takiguchi
Dr. Nemisis

War of Kings/ Space X-Men:
Havok
Polaris
Llandra
Cho'd
Raza
Rachel Summers (pheonix)
Korvus

New Mutants: (team so far)
Cannonball
Magma
Magik
Sunspot

Legion, cypher, and warlock pictured.

X-Factor investigations:
Siryn
Strong Guy
Rictor
M
Darwin
Longshot

Side Events will feature Madrox and Layla Miller.
_________________________________________________________________________________

So to sum it up.
Wolverine is featured on 3 teams. but so is Cyclops and Emma Frost Wink

Remember that Astonishing happens outside of current continuity and is placed in the other books off time... like there is any.

20Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Mon May 11, 2009 5:06 pm

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hey, HWXS...isn't Wolfsbane on X-Force? I thought that was the reason they gave as to why she wouldn't be featuring heavily in the New Mutants title.

21Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Mon May 11, 2009 7:19 pm

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't know exactly were to list her, she is currently off roster for Xforce and Xfactor, and hasn't showed up in New mutants.

22Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:55 am

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

well if the WUMB even flickers could somebody with mod privilages over there... *cough* Jerry. Copy the entire content of my thread from there to here with some magic mystical mod powers?

23Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:37 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm wholly against copying WUMB threads and bringing them here. Pop is Pop, not WUMB. This isn't just for you, but since you brought it up you get it in your thread. Nobody here cares about WUMB (well, until all you WUMBers were forced to find somewhere else) and we don't want to see an influx of shit from WUMB. People can ask you questions here, we don't need thirty pages of old ass questions from a year ago. besides this board resets a thread after a certain amount of posts anyways, and as I recall your thread was gigantic, and you'd just be losing most of it.

24Ask the X-pert  (616 not ultimate) Empty Re: Ask the X-pert (616 not ultimate) Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:15 am

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

gigantic, and the most viewed non-nonsense thread on the board. I wasn't wanting to replicate the old place, I just had some information in there and stuff that I refrence sometimes. Again, though I donate my brain full of useless X-book and mutant knowledge to the masses. ( I know in a lot of places if a question is asked 3 months apart, they flip out and try to make them read the whole thread, but I don't mind reanswering it, so reseting would be great.) I put this thread here on PoP when it started, it was just never utilized, hopefully with the expected influx it will. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum