Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Star Wars comedy series

+4
Debaser77
jaydee74
BlueMaxx
rwe1138
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Star Wars comedy series Empty New Star Wars comedy series Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:02 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

From Yahoo:

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - After two hit "Robot Chicken" parodies of "Star Wars," "Chicken" masterminds Seth Green and Matthew Senreich get to do the real thing.

"Star Wars" creator George Lucas' Lucasfilm Animation said Monday it is developing a new animated "Star Wars" series that will take a comedic and irreverent look at the characters from the sci-fi franchise and will feature creative involvement from Green and Senreich as well as writing from Brendan Hay ("The Daily Show").

"The 'Star Wars' universe is so dense and rich; it's crazy to think that there aren't normal, mundane everyday problems in a world so well-defined," Green said. "What do these characters do when they're not overthrowing empires?"

Added Senreich, "We're going to pull back the curtain of some of those behind-the-scenes shenanigans."

There is no network announced for the new series, but given Lucas Animation and Green and Senreich's close ties with Cartoon Network, a deal with Cartoon or its Adult Swim programing block appears likely.

The new comedic "Star Wars" series follows Lucasfilm Animation's series "Star Wars: The Clone Wars," which airs on Cartoon Network. Meanwhile, "Chicken" buoyed by its popular "Star Wars: Episode 1 and 2" specials, is the flagship series on Adult Swim.

Freakin' sweet.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

2New Star Wars comedy series Empty Re: New Star Wars comedy series Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:22 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Maybe. They should make a Tag and Bink series. I've heard good things about them. Not so sure the direction it might take. Seth Green's humor, though. Amongst other's.

3New Star Wars comedy series Empty Re: New Star Wars comedy series Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:39 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Maybe. They should make a Tag and Bink series. I've heard good things about them. Not so sure the direction it might take. Seth Green's humor, though. Amongst other's.
I would love to see animated Tag and Bink. I love those characters.

4New Star Wars comedy series Empty Re: New Star Wars comedy series Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:28 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Hmm...could be good, maybe as a TV version of Dark Horse's Star Wars Tales comic. As a regular series, it could lose its lustre after a while, though. Those Robot Chicken specials were great, but can they really keep up the quality week to week just doing Star Wars gags?

5New Star Wars comedy series Empty Re: New Star Wars comedy series Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:35 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ That's what I'm thinking. Would the joke get tired? Course, it depends on the humor. If it is canon, would it be watered-down to fit into the universe. Like the goof-moments in the films.

6New Star Wars comedy series Empty Re: New Star Wars comedy series Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:37 pm

MikeSabian

MikeSabian
Ninja
Ninja

I have a bad feeling about this

.... Yup, I went there

7New Star Wars comedy series Empty Re: New Star Wars comedy series Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:28 am

Ric Magnum

Ric Magnum
Pirate
Pirate

MikeSabian wrote:I have a bad feeling about this

.... Yup, I went there

Yup. Same here. shake my head

8New Star Wars comedy series Empty 'Star Wars' sitcom in the works Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

http://www.torontosun.com/entertainment/movies/2010/04/06/13486006-wenn-story.html
Star Wars director George Lucas is expanding the sci-fi adventure franchise to give cult fans a laugh - he's planning an animated sitcom for TV.

The filmmaker is taking a backseat to Back at the Barnyard's Todd Grimes, who will direct the comedy series for Lucasfilm.

According to a statement from the production company, the show will "look at the saga's characters with a playful and irreverent tone".

Robot Chicken creators Seth Green and Matthew Senreich will work as creative consultants on the project, while Brendan Hay of the Daily Show has signed on as head writer.

Producer Jennifer Hill tells Daily Variety, "They'll be shaping the type of comedy we're looking for and the look of the show."

Lucas' Star Wars franchise has spawned merchandise, video games and spin-off series that have earned more than $22 billion over the last three decades, according to a 2007 report in Forbes.

An air date has yet to be set for the new animated series.

Okay, this is going to be interesting! I also heard it's going to be "character driven" and not a "sketch comedy". It's going to hilarious either way.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

9New Star Wars comedy series Empty Re: New Star Wars comedy series Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:09 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

By the power I gave you, Robert Eddleman, you will now be able to merge, merge, MERGE!!!

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

10New Star Wars comedy series Empty Re: New Star Wars comedy series Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:50 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

Laughing

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum