Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Star Wars Trilogy??

+9
Denim
Parallax_48
tstrike99
boberthavok
Sandman
Rath99
jaydee74
BlueMaxx
Bigtymin504
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Star Wars Trilogy?? Empty New Star Wars Trilogy?? Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:55 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10291:iesb-exclusive-the-line-starts-hereagain-new-star-wars-movies-planned&catid=41:news&Itemid=71

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ComicMovieNews/news/?a=24337

"The word from our ultra top-secret Lucasfilm insider is that Lucas has gotten the itch and is already looking ahead into launching an entirely new trilogy in that galaxy far, far away.

What do we know? First of all, these new film will have nothing to do with the live action television series currently in development. That show already has over 50 scripts ready to go and plenty of pre-production time and money has been spent on artwork and storyboards. Once that show goes into production, Lucasfilm hopes to be able to produce at least 100 episodes since that is the threshold for syndication in the United States.

IESB has been told fans can expect the new trilogy after the entire saga is released in 3D which is expected to be complete around 2015 or 2016.

The ideal plan, according to our spy at Skywalker Ranch, is to be able to release a new Star Wars film within 24 months after the release of the last re-re-release (is that right?) of Return of the Jedi 3D."

2New Star Wars Trilogy?? Empty Re: New Star Wars Trilogy?? Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:09 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Looks like fans were right and Lucas was wrong again. He said there never would be.

3New Star Wars Trilogy?? Empty Re: New Star Wars Trilogy?? Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:13 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Looks like fans were right and Lucas was wrong again. He said there never would be.

Haha I remember him saying that too. I never believed it. I know a lot of fans are against this, but personally I'd love to see a new trilogy. Always wanted to see what happens to the SW universe after Return of the Jedi.

4New Star Wars Trilogy?? Empty Re: New Star Wars Trilogy?? Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:19 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yes

5New Star Wars Trilogy?? Empty Re: New Star Wars Trilogy?? Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:57 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lucasfilm thoroughly denies it. Laughing

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2010/10/new-star-wars-trilogy/

6New Star Wars Trilogy?? Empty Re: New Star Wars Trilogy?? Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:55 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm all for new Star Wars. Hopefully this will become reality.

7New Star Wars Trilogy?? Empty Re: New Star Wars Trilogy?? Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:12 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jesus Lucas! Leave it alone! Try doing something new.

8New Star Wars Trilogy?? Empty Re: New Star Wars Trilogy?? Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:05 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

jaydee74 wrote:I'm all for new Star Wars. Hopefully this will become reality.

Rath99 wrote:Jesus Lucas! Leave it alone! Try doing something new.

sadly and amazingly I agree with both of these statements

9New Star Wars Trilogy?? Empty Re: New Star Wars Trilogy?? Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:51 am

boberthavok

boberthavok
Pirate
Pirate

As long as they don't have a character like Jar Jar. I really don't mind this.

10New Star Wars Trilogy?? Empty Re: New Star Wars Trilogy?? Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:20 am

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

As much as I would like to see a brand new trilogy, I know it'll never happen....
and I doubt that we will see 100 episodes of a live action anything from Star Wars. (I could be wrong, but this seems like it's all hype that will never be realized)

11New Star Wars Trilogy?? Empty Re: New Star Wars Trilogy?? Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:51 am

Parallax_48

Parallax_48
Cadet
Cadet

Bigtymin504 wrote:Always wanted to see what happens to the SW universe after Return of the Jedi.

There's a bunch of novels and comics that take place post-ROTJ.

Many are much better than anything Lucas could have come up with.

12New Star Wars Trilogy?? Empty Re: New Star Wars Trilogy?? Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:58 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Parallax_48 wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:Always wanted to see what happens to the SW universe after Return of the Jedi.

Yeah I know but I guess I mean I'd like to see it on the big screen.

That said, any suggestions on some great post-ROTJ stuff? Or anybody know of any good fan-fic stuff like that?

13New Star Wars Trilogy?? Empty Re: New Star Wars Trilogy?? Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:17 am

Parallax_48

Parallax_48
Cadet
Cadet

Bigtymin504 wrote:That said, any suggestions on some great post-ROTJ stuff? Or anybody know of any good fan-fic stuff like that?

Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire trilogy is excellent (even if it features a few continuity inacuracies due to the prequel films).

I'm really high on the comic book Star Wars: Legacy, which just ended with Issue #50, but is readily avalible as trades. It is probably the best Expanded Universe story in any medium.

14New Star Wars Trilogy?? Empty Re: New Star Wars Trilogy?? Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:48 am

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Parallax_48 wrote:
Bigtymin504 wrote:That said, any suggestions on some great post-ROTJ stuff? Or anybody know of any good fan-fic stuff like that?

Timothy Zahn's Heir to the Empire trilogy is excellent (even if it features a few continuity inacuracies due to the prequel films).

I'm really high on the comic book Star Wars: Legacy, which just ended with Issue #50, but is readily avalible as trades. It is probably the best Expanded Universe story in any medium.

Thank you sir, might check those out.

15New Star Wars Trilogy?? Empty Re: New Star Wars Trilogy?? Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:57 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Since I was just a wee lad back in the late 70's and early 80's there has always been a rumor that Lucas had intended the whole sage to be 3 sets of triologys.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

16New Star Wars Trilogy?? Empty Re: New Star Wars Trilogy?? Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:37 am

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:Since I was just a wee lad back in the late 70's and early 80's there has always been a rumor that Lucas had intended the whole sage to be 3 sets of triologys.
I was a little more than a wee lad but still a lad (I was 7 when Star Wars came out) but still a lad and my recollection is that it's always been more than just a rumour. I believe he has mentioned in the past that there were 9 parts to the whole story and I remember these comments as far back as the early 80s around the time Empire and Jedi came out.

I would be quite happy with this with one proviso: Lucas doesn't direct.

17New Star Wars Trilogy?? Empty Re: New Star Wars Trilogy?? Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:20 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

One more trip to the well...luckily, the path is well-worn.

18New Star Wars Trilogy?? Empty Re: New Star Wars Trilogy?? Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:56 am

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rath99 wrote:Jesus Lucas! Leave it alone! Try doing something new.

You've seen Howard the Duck, right?

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

19New Star Wars Trilogy?? Empty Re: New Star Wars Trilogy?? Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:44 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Parallax_48 wrote:

^ This.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum