Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joss Whedon Avengers Movie

+22
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Spazzy
Warren_Worthington IV
prescribeddrone
G_Zatara
Fresh03
Paroxysm
Combo Mo
rwe1138
MikeSabian
Gojiratoho
jaydee74
Batman25JM
BlueMaxx
Bigtymin504
Thundermatts
Heytherejeffro
superdoug
Joshua
supervenom
Administrator
HairyTrucker
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:51 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

One of Whedon's biggest strengths has always been handling an ensemble cast well. It's too early to go bonzer over this possibly happening, but I think he'd be a good choice.

27Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:52 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Honestly, this is going to be a mess. Cause he's going to make something for himself (hell nothing wrong with that) but Marvel isn't going to like it and is going to have to make their own cuts, and we get the worst of both worlds.

28Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:18 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:It seems almost official...

http://www.deadline.com/2010/04/marvel-close-to-whedon-hire-on-the-avengers/

The fanboy in me is excited about this. yes

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

Soooooooooo AWESOME !!!!!!!

29Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:19 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

I'm also pretty stoked!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

30Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:19 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

I'm not sure what the big deal is if he directs it, it's not like he wrote the script or something, plus Marvel Studios will have people all over the sets making sure that everything is going according to plan as this is their flagship franchise once it goes into production.

I do think Whedon's a good choice to direct just because his good at managing so many stars at once and keeping everything in line, he's very familiar with filming action, and good dramatic scenes/character work.

Honestly if they sign him to do it it's just to get more fanboys and girls into seats and it would be a good decision on their part.

31Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:06 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I loooove Buffy, Don't get me wrong, and hell I rented Firefly (or something? I've seen it. No wait, not firefly. the movie, whatever the movie was called.) and enjoyed it as well, but to me, his strong point is dialogue. And as you said, he isn't writing (as far as we know, right?) I'd say directing isn't what most people love about him. It's characterzation and dialogue. But hey it's way too early to judge, that was just my first reaction.

32Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:27 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I may be in the minority here, but I do NOT want Joss Whedon directing the Avengers. I think handing something as major as that to a guy who had, like, one hit show 14 years ago or whatever and is HIGHLY over-rated and doesn't even have a show now is a BIG mistake. I'll admit, the guy has clever banter, but that shouldn't warrant something as big as this.

He's like that guy that gets invited to a party because he's fun and everybody likes him at first, then his friends outgrow him and move on. Some people still hang around him just because he's done some cool stuff and it's cool to talk about his past, but it's hard to talk anything else because, well, he's got nothing going on now.

You can only blame the "network" so much for cancelling his "art".

33Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:43 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I couldn't get into Astonishing X-Men that much. :-\

34Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:08 am

Warren_Worthington IV

Warren_Worthington IV
Cadet
Cadet

prescribeddrone wrote:I couldn't get into Astonishing X-Men that much. :-\
Nah, me either. I just heard about this today, not quite sure what I think about it yet.

35Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:38 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

G_Zatara wrote:I may be in the minority here, but I do NOT want Joss Whedon directing the Avengers. I think handing something as major as that to a guy who had, like, one hit show 14 years ago or whatever and is HIGHLY over-rated and doesn't even have a show now is a BIG mistake. I'll admit, the guy has clever banter, but that shouldn't warrant something as big as this.

He's like that guy that gets invited to a party because he's fun and everybody likes him at first, then his friends outgrow him and move on. Some people still hang around him just because he's done some cool stuff and it's cool to talk about his past, but it's hard to talk anything else because, well, he's got nothing going on now.

huh

36Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:37 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Combo Mo wrote:
G_Zatara wrote:I may be in the minority here, but I do NOT want Joss Whedon directing the Avengers. I think handing something as major as that to a guy who had, like, one hit show 14 years ago or whatever and is HIGHLY over-rated and doesn't even have a show now is a BIG mistake. I'll admit, the guy has clever banter, but that shouldn't warrant something as big as this.

huh

haha, I like the fact you use a movie that was popular around the time Buffy was relevant.

God, was that really 15 years ago? It still holds up.

37Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:50 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:Honestly, this is going to be a mess. Cause he's going to make something for himself (hell nothing wrong with that) but Marvel isn't going to like it and is going to have to make their own cuts, and we get the worst of both worlds.

I can actually see something like this happening.

I think it'd be funny if a month into the movie, it gets cancelled.

38Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:54 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ok, dont hurt me. but I have to agree, I really dont want Joss tied to this movie. Maybe if he was doing more things.. yes.. but right now.. no

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

39Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:20 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Found this roaming around tonight. Funny, I had just said something similar Very Happy

Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Aglite11

40Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:45 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:One of Whedon's biggest strengths has always been handling an ensemble cast well. It's too early to go bonzer over this possibly happening, but I think he'd be a good choice.

I'll be honest. I'm not the biggest fan of Whedon. He's okay by my books, despite being a fan of Angel. That said, the above is the reason why I am on the fence about this. I may not be a fan, but I do respect his ability to handle a large cast. I'll hope for the best, regardless of what goes down.

41Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:49 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What was posted:

Combo Mo wrote:

huh

What I saw:

Combo Mo wrote:

huh

Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 1270598985251

Laughing

42Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:00 am

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

IDK..I do like Joss Whedon and I know he's good w/ensemble casts, but this movie still can go either way. But I trust Marvel and wish Joss luck.

43Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:51 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Whedon also to rewrite the Avengers script!

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a214348/whedon-also-rewriting-avengers-script.html

This is good. Smile

44Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:09 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You're right. It was completely Joss' fault that Fox aired the episodes in this order:

-and not airing 11, 12 & 13 until 6 months after cancelling it, because no one could watch it, because no one ever knew when it was on, because Fox kept moving it around the weekly schedule. Completely his fault. Man, he really fucked that show up, huh?

Rolling Eyes

45Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:25 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

And they made it up to him by letting him do a movie. That bombed. So now they're even.

46Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:31 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fox had nothing to do with the movie. That was all Universal.

And, the only reason it "bombed", is because all the fucktards who signed the petition to get it made, thought their free screening (without all the VFX finished) was good enough, and didn't pay to go see it in theaters when it opened.

Way to go, "fans". You got the movie made, and ensured we'll never get another. Bravo.

47Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:33 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Oh my god, how does Whedon's dick taste?

48Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:47 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fantastic. Like pepperoni.

So, because I like his products, and defend him when blame is unjustly placed upon him, that means I'm his bitch? Makes perfect sense.

If something's his fault, I'll blame him for it. Don't blame him for shit he didn't fucking do.

49Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:45 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shocked

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

50Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:54 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

HairyTrucker wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:I don't think Joss has it in him to do a good Avengers movie.

I don't mean to be a dick, but could you explain your reasoning behind that statement? When it comes to directing a ensemble superhero adventure, I couldn't think of a better choice.
Sure. While I like what Whedon has done on tv, I don't think he can translate that to a big budget superhero movie. Serenity wasn't the major blockbuster people hoped it would be and while I liked what he did on Astonishing X-Men, I just don't see this as a good fit. I'm very hesitant to be excited by this news.

Gojiratoho wrote:Is Favreau no longer interested in directing?
I don't think he was every in the running.

Thundermatts wrote:I loooove Buffy, Don't get me wrong, and hell I rented Firefly (or something? I've seen it. No wait, not firefly. the movie, whatever the movie was called.) and enjoyed it as well, but to me, his strong point is dialogue. And as you said, he isn't writing (as far as we know, right?) I'd say directing isn't what most people love about him. It's characterzation and dialogue. But hey it's way too early to judge, that was just my first reaction.
I agree with Thundermatts on this. His strong suits are dialogue and character interaction.

QFT. That's kind of how I feel.

G_Zatara wrote:Found this roaming around tonight. Funny, I had just said something similar Very Happy

Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 2 Aglite11

lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum