Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joss Whedon Avengers Movie

+22
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Spazzy
Warren_Worthington IV
prescribeddrone
G_Zatara
Fresh03
Paroxysm
Combo Mo
rwe1138
MikeSabian
Gojiratoho
jaydee74
Batman25JM
BlueMaxx
Bigtymin504
Thundermatts
Heytherejeffro
superdoug
Joshua
supervenom
Administrator
HairyTrucker
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:11 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

TENIME_art wrote:Fantastic. Like pepperoni.

So, because I like his products, and defend him when blame is unjustly placed upon him, that means I'm his bitch? Makes perfect sense.

If something's his fault, I'll blame him for it. Don't blame him for shit he didn't fucking do.

The fact that you're about to cry over him makes you his bitch.

tongue

On a side note, I'm writing our secret project right now, but I'm afraid it's too wordy. I need to go to the library and pick up some kid books and learn how to do it correctly.

Oh, our secret project is a kids book.

And yes, me and him together doing something for children should make you afraid.

52Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:25 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

lmao

53Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:29 pm

HairyTrucker

HairyTrucker
Cadet
Cadet

TENIME_art wrote:You're right. It was completely Joss' fault that Fox aired the episodes in this order:

-and not airing 11, 12 & 13 until 6 months after cancelling it, because no one could watch it, because no one ever knew when it was on, because Fox kept moving it around the weekly schedule. Completely his fault. Man, he really fucked that show up, huh?

Rolling Eyes

Let's not forget it was also Joss' fault for:

1. Fox putting it in the Friday death slot
2. Fox not advertising it at all
3. Fox taking a show shot in widescreen and cutting it down to standard

The ONLY thing that is Joss' fault in this is his decision to take the show to Fox in the first place. Fox is notorious for taking a great show and cancelling it before they even catch their stride. Don't forget that these are the assholes that cancelled The Tick! Check out this link for further proof:

The 20 Greatest Shows Canceled By Fox Before Their Time

54Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:45 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Some people seem concerned with the fact that Whedon never directed a huge blockbuster like this but I'm not worried since Marvel Studios has a great track record with picking unconventional directors. Before Iron Man, nobody would have thought Jon Favreau would be the right choice to spearhead the Marvel Movie Universe. But now everyone pretty much agrees he did a great job. Kenneth Branagh was also kind of a left-field choice but based on everything we've heard on Thor, it seems to be going great too. Personally, I think Branagh was an inspired choice that will pay off.

So I think Whedon will be a great choice overall. He's known for handeling ensemble casts and getting them to play off eachother really well. He's great at characterization which will be key to giving a big blockbuster like this some heart. Plus he's a big comic fan himself so he knows how to please comic fans. I'm excited for this.

55Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:12 am

Warren_Worthington IV

Warren_Worthington IV
Cadet
Cadet

We'll see what Whedon does. In a perfect world I would have liked to have seen Christopher Nolan or Zack Snyder helm this movie. One director completely revitalized a dead Batman franchise, and the other transalated one of the greatest graphic novels of all time to film. Just my opinion. Wink

56Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:34 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Too bad it wasn't a good translation...

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

57Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:06 am

HairyTrucker

HairyTrucker
Cadet
Cadet

Warren_Worthington IV wrote:We'll see what Whedon does. In a perfect world I would have liked to have seen Christopher Nolan or Zack Snyder helm this movie. One director completely revitalized a dead Batman franchise, and the other transalated one of the greatest graphic novels of all time to film. Just my opinion. Wink

Christopher Nolan? Hmmm... He made some awesome Batman movies, but I don't think anyone wants to see a dark and depressing Avengers movie. He'd probably insist on writing it himself. The movie would have a drunk Tony Stark rape Bruce Banner in his sleep. When Banner wakes up in the morning with c-- leaking out of his ass, Hulk would break free.

Zack Snyder?!? I hope nothing like that ever happens. He makes beautiful movies with great action, but couldn't direct a realistic conversation to save his life. Both 300 and Watchmen were only good when action was on the screen.

No, I still think Whedon is a better choice for the Avengers.

58Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:22 am

HairyTrucker

HairyTrucker
Cadet
Cadet

This is for all you Whedon haters out there:

The rumor has been out there that Joss Whedon will rewrite as well as direct The Avengers. Well, it also looks like he might also rewrite the new CAPTAIN AMERICA Movie!!

Call me a Whedon whore if you want, but I'm excited.

Last edited by HairyTrucker on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total

59Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:37 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

HairyTrucker wrote:The 20 Greatest Shows Canceled By Fox Before Their Time

That link made me rage and reminded me why I stopped watching Fox. That was a stroll through memory lane for me. No wonder Conan didn't go to Fox. Laughing

HairyTrucker wrote:This is for all you Whedon haters out there:

The rumor has been out there that Joss Whedon will rewrite as well as direct The Avengers. Well, it also looks like he might also rewrite the new CAPTAIN AMERICA Movie!!

I don't think anyone is truly hating on Whedon. We're just not all over his dick like some people. It's simply not that impressive and not worth the attention it gets. Wait, what are we talking about? Laughing

60Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:37 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

+1

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

61Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:52 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

HairyTrucker wrote:This is for all you Whedon haters out there:

It's not that I don't like Whedon. I do. I loved Firefly and Serenity and have both on DVD. I like Buffy for the most part. (wasn't a huge fan of season 4 or 7 and disliked season 6) I was a fan of Angel as well for the most part. (didn't like anything with teenage Conner) Dollhouse was ok but I never got too excited over it. As for his X-Men run? It was ok. I loved what he did for the characterization of Scott Summers. I love that character and he did some wonderful things with him but I wasn't overly impressed in the end. I honestly hope that I am proven wrong with this news. I really really do but right now, I am apprehensive about this news.

62Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:40 am

HairyTrucker

HairyTrucker
Cadet
Cadet

jaydee74 wrote:It's not that I don't like Whedon. I do. I loved Firefly and Serenity and have both on DVD. I like Buffy for the most part. (wasn't a huge fan of season 4 or 7 and disliked season 6) I was a fan of Angel as well for the most part. (didn't like anything with teenage Conner) Dollhouse was ok but I never got too excited over it. As for his X-Men run? It was ok. I loved what he did for the characterization of Scott Summers. I love that character and he did some wonderful things with him but I wasn't overly impressed in the end. I honestly hope that I am proven wrong with this news. I really really do but right now, I am apprehensive about this news.

You know what? I spent a good 1/2 hour writing out something to convince you it's a good idea. I decided not to bother. It probably wouldn't work anyway. You sound like you'll at least give his movies a chance. That's a hell of a lot better than some of the shit I've heard on message boards. About 20% of the comments fall into the "Joss Whedon? Isn't he that queer that did Buffy The Vampire Stabber or something?" category. I think I can live with your attitude.

63Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:21 am

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

While I love Firefly/Serenity, I'm afraid of Whedon at the Avengers helm. His style is just a little too campy for this team (in my opinion). I think he could write/direct an AMAZING Hawkeye movie, but I honestly don't care for the idea of him being that big of a player with the rest of the team.

He's a powerful name in our nerd-community and that - in theory - should help sales. I'm not too worried about sales, though. I want to see a good movie that translates my favorite comics team to the big screen. I'm just don't think he'd be my pick for the spot.

64Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:08 pm

Fresh03

Fresh03
Ninja
Ninja

So now he is doing some writing on the movie? Hmmm...

Like I've said before, I love Whedon but I'm not sure about how I feel about Whedon'isms in my Avengers movie.

Still, I doubt it will have much effect if he does actually get the gig, Marvel Studios still has the final say on everything and I doubt they'll let him get too out of control with their golden egg laying goose.

65Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:43 pm

Warren_Worthington IV

Warren_Worthington IV
Cadet
Cadet

HairyTrucker wrote:
Warren_Worthington IV wrote:We'll see what Whedon does. In a perfect world I would have liked to have seen Christopher Nolan or Zack Snyder helm this movie. One director completely revitalized a dead Batman franchise, and the other transalated one of the greatest graphic novels of all time to film. Just my opinion. Wink

Christopher Nolan? Hmmm... He made some awesome Batman movies, but I don't think anyone wants to see a dark and depressing Avengers movie. He'd probably insist on writing it himself. The movie would have a drunk Tony Stark rape Bruce Banner in his sleep. When Banner wakes up in the morning with c-- leaking out of his ass, Hulk would break free.

No, I still think Whedon is a better choice for the Avengers.

Laughing That was funny, but if given the oppurtunity, and knowing what fans would want, I think he would cater to it. He does have a talent for the dark, don't get me wrong but I think he would do more than give justice to the fans if he directed The Avengers. But anyway, who give's a s$%t at this point. Whedon is doing it, he'll do a decent job.

66Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:54 pm

Warren_Worthington IV

Warren_Worthington IV
Cadet
Cadet

Tomer Soiker wrote:Too bad it wasn't a good translation...

Didn't dig it huh? I thought he did a pretty good job. I have to commend him on standing his ground with the studio and wanting to stick to the source material. He didn't budge.

67Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:13 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=17125

Edgar Wright: "I just met Joss Whedon for the first time. Speculation commence!"

FYI, last year Marvel Studios hired Edgar Wright to direct the Ant-Man movie. Wink

68Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:52 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

His tv shows since Buffy have not done well and Im still waiting for the Wonder Woman movie he signed on to do years ago.

69Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:32 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:His tv shows since Buffy have not done well and Im still waiting for the Wonder Woman movie he signed on to do years ago.
The Wonder Woman thing fell through awhile back. WB/DC and Whedon never seemed to get on the same page with that.

70Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:30 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

HairyTrucker wrote:
jaydee74 wrote:It's not that I don't like Whedon. I do. I loved Firefly and Serenity and have both on DVD. I like Buffy for the most part. (wasn't a huge fan of season 4 or 7 and disliked season 6) I was a fan of Angel as well for the most part. (didn't like anything with teenage Conner) Dollhouse was ok but I never got too excited over it. As for his X-Men run? It was ok. I loved what he did for the characterization of Scott Summers. I love that character and he did some wonderful things with him but I wasn't overly impressed in the end. I honestly hope that I am proven wrong with this news. I really really do but right now, I am apprehensive about this news.

You know what? I spent a good 1/2 hour writing out something to convince you it's a good idea. I decided not to bother. It probably wouldn't work anyway. You sound like you'll at least give his movies a chance. That's a hell of a lot better than some of the shit I've heard on message boards. About 20% of the comments fall into the "Joss Whedon? Isn't he that queer that did Buffy The Vampire Stabber or something?" category. I think I can live with your attitude.

Look. In the end, I love movies based on comics. I love anything that puts comics out there for the mainstream. I have reservations about Whedon but hopefully I will be proven wrong. I love being proven wrong on things like that. At the end of the day, it's a freaking Avengers movie. That has me so jazzed right now that there is not much that could make me worry about it. To much anyway. Wink

71Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:11 am

Warren_Worthington IV

Warren_Worthington IV
Cadet
Cadet

Found it on the internet, thought it was pretty funny.
Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Zz265b2474-550x309

72Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:24 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

Laughing

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

73Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:33 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Very Happy

74Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:39 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Except for the "YOUR fired", good one.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

75Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Empty Re: Joss Whedon Avengers Movie Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:25 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Warren_Worthington IV wrote:Found it on the internet, thought it was pretty funny.
Joss Whedon Avengers Movie - Page 3 Zz265b2474-550x309
That gave me a bit of a chuckle.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum