Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Last Airbender

+15
Joshua
DickGrayson007
Rath99
Astro13Zombie
colossus1979
(._Y_.)
Hannibal king
Sandman
Spaced4SimonPegg
BlueMaxx
JMan21
shining knight
kidspider2099
Batman25JM
Paroxysm
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Last Airbender Empty The Last Airbender Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:45 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

The Last Airbender Blue-glow_517x280
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0938283/
Water. Earth. Fire. Air. In the old days, there was peace between the four nations of the world. The Avatar -- Master of all four elements -- kept peace between the the Water Tribes, the Earth Kingdom, the Fire Nation, and the Air Nomads. Only the Avatar has the ability to Bend (manipulate) all four elements, but one day, he Vanished. Then the Fire Nation attacked, forcing a war on the other three nations for one hundred years. Now, for the good of the world, it's up to 12-year-old Aang (Noah Ringer), the new Avatar, and the last of the Air Nomads (Airbenders), to return peace and balance by putting an end to the war and mastering all four elements. Aang must accept his destiny by stopping the Fire Nation's war and defeating the Fire Lord for good.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

2The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:09 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I can't wait for this. After Iron Man 2 this is the movie I am most looking forward to this summer.

I'm a huge fan of Avatar: The Last Airbender, and I think this movie will do it justice.

3The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:53 am

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

the last air bender the real avatar.

4The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:28 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm still not 100 per cent on this one to be honest

on a slightly odd note Avatar is now known in the uk as the last airbender finally after years of being known as the legend of aang Laughing

5The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:33 pm

JMan21

JMan21
Cadet
Cadet

I loved the cartoons. I really hope this movies does the cartoons justice. And I thought I heard a rumor at one point that this was supposed to be a trilogy? Anybody else heard that?

6The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:46 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Yep, the plan is to have it be a trilogy. Each movie will be one of the Books (seasons).

7The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:05 pm

JMan21

JMan21
Cadet
Cadet

This being an M Night Shyamalan I can't help but wonder if he's gonna find some way to but some weird twist at the end of the movie as is his M.O.

8The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:12 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Nah. He's adapting. But yeah, after his not-so-great films, he's definitely got some catching up to do when it comes to directing points.

The trailer looks kind of neat, even though I never was interested in the anime.

9The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:54 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am NOT a fan of M. Night Shyamalan however, I think he'll do a good job with this. It isn't his story, he's just adapting, and he seems to have a great respect for the source material. Since the source material is so good I think the movie will be as well.

10The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:58 am

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What character will M. Knight be playing??

11The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:18 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

The Last Airbender Will Be Converted to 3D
http://www.movieweb.com/news/NE5tDe6c5Hz07c
It seems the 3D craze that has been sweeping Hollywood has found another convert. Deadline New York is reporting that M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender will be converted into 3D.

Unlike most 3D conversions, though, it seems that the film will stay put in its current release date, currently set at July 2. Just earlier today we reported that The Green Hornet was being "enhanced" into 3D and the release date was pushed a month to January 14, 2011.

Ain't It Cool News had apparently been sitting on the story for awhile, and it seems that they have been working on the conversion process for some time now.

We'll be sure to keep you posted with any further news on The Last Airbender as soon as we have more information.

The Last Airbender comes to theaters July 2nd, 2010 and stars Jackson Rathbone, Dev Patel, Cliff Curtis, Nicola Peltz, Randall Duk Kim, Jessica Andres, Noah Ringer, Seychelle Gabriel. The film is directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

Nice!

12The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:20 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^I shall see it in 2D. I honestly HATE 3D.

13The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:44 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Paroxysm wrote:The Last Airbender Will Be Converted to 3D
http://www.movieweb.com/news/NE5tDe6c5Hz07c
It seems the 3D craze that has been sweeping Hollywood has found another convert. Deadline New York is reporting that M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender will be converted into 3D.

Unlike most 3D conversions, though, it seems that the film will stay put in its current release date, currently set at July 2. Just earlier today we reported that The Green Hornet was being "enhanced" into 3D and the release date was pushed a month to January 14, 2011.

Ain't It Cool News had apparently been sitting on the story for awhile, and it seems that they have been working on the conversion process for some time now.

We'll be sure to keep you posted with any further news on The Last Airbender as soon as we have more information.

The Last Airbender comes to theaters July 2nd, 2010 and stars Jackson Rathbone, Dev Patel, Cliff Curtis, Nicola Peltz, Randall Duk Kim, Jessica Andres, Noah Ringer, Seychelle Gabriel. The film is directed by M. Night Shyamalan.

Nice!

Batman25JM wrote:^I shall see it in 2D. I honestly HATE 3D.

me too when thins are MADE for 3D originally it looks good but when they say "hey this film is almost done lets make it 3D anyway" *cough*cough* Clash of the Titans" it does not look good

14The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:24 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

^^^Very true. I'm actually a big fan of Avatar The Last Airbender and really hope the movie is at least good enough to carry a trilogy. The trailers look promising.

15The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:27 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm super stoekd to see this. It's gonna be grand! I'm pissed at James Cameron for stealing the name Avatar though. like seriously, they mention that the things are called "Avatars" like once in the movie. Cameron is a douche.

16The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:37 pm

kidspider2099

kidspider2099
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

(._Y_.) wrote:I'm super stoekd to see this. It's gonna be grand! I'm pissed at James Cameron for stealing the name Avatar though. like seriously, they mention that the things are called "Avatars" like once in the movie. Cameron is a douche.

I totally agree he is a douche and stole the name.

17The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:44 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

18The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:24 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

kidspider2099 wrote:
(._Y_.) wrote:I'm super stoekd to see this. It's gonna be grand! I'm pissed at James Cameron for stealing the name Avatar though. like seriously, they mention that the things are called "Avatars" like once in the movie. Cameron is a douche.

well, semantics would dictate that it's logical for him to have just as much use of the name as the airbender movie and tv show. in cameron's movie "avatar" meant the body he was using to spy/interact and later fight with the na'vi. in the anime it was used to describe the "chosen one" of legend to bring harmony to the world. so i mean they could have SHARED it, but....people are easily confused, and james cameron holds more weight in the hollywood universe than shyamalan or anyone behind the making of avatar: the last airbender. he probably basically said "i have the highest grossing movie in history under my belt already, and this one will top that one." and sold them on the idea to keep that name useage. douche move, maybe. but in the end the results speak for themselves, becuase that's just what he did. i look forward to the airbender movie because i was a fan of the show, but in the end cameron made a juggernaught.

19The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:09 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

kidspider2099 wrote:

James Cameron wrote the script for Avatar in 1994. Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko created Avatar:The Last Air Bender in 2005. No one ripped anyone off.

20The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:34 pm

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

well, i think they were more saying the name than the premise. but either way like i said they could have maybe found a way around that if cameron wasn't the bigger director.

21The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:59 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Cameron may have written the script for Avatar years before Avatar: The Last Airbender was made, but the cartoon was already firmly established when Cameron's movie was really getting off the ground. I think that The Last Airbender should have gotten the title of Avatar over Cameron's movie for that reason. Not to mention Cameron's movie could have easily been called Pandora. Like was mentioned before, they barely ever say the word Avatar in Cameron's movie, yet in Avatar: The Last Airbender it is used all the time. It's more important in The Last Airbender IMO.

22The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:14 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ahaha! Wait for it.

23The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:38 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^
Pffft.
At least the fucking characters were in the movie
Who cares if they didn't say their names.
Its more than Dragonball fans got with "Dragonball Evolution".
.....Where the fuck was puar?!
Laughing

24The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:41 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This movie is getting destroyed by a lot of people! I've yet to hear a positive review.

25The Last Airbender Empty Re: The Last Airbender Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:45 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ It looked like it might be fun, even with me not being a fan of the show. But man, Shyamalanamdanaldj can't get his stuff together. Not to fully blame him.

Astro13Zombie wrote:
Pffft.
At least the fucking characters were in the movie
Who cares if they didn't say their names.
Its more than Dragonball fans got with "Dragonball Evolution".
.....Where the fuck was puar?!
Laughing
Evolution that bad, huh? I couldn't work up the gusto to watch it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum