Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fight Club

+8
LordD3r3k
Bigtymin504
Batman25JM
Thundermatts
FroZen
deadbolt85
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
ChrisToPhenom
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fight Club Empty Fight Club Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:03 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Christopher Winters
English @ 8:00am
April 15, 2010

Fight Club

Fight Club. The word fight is “To contend in physical conflict, either as an individual or in war, battle
etc.” A club is “An association of members joining together for some common purpose, especially sports
or recreation.” Put those two words and meanings together and you’ve got a club of members who fight
each other. So imagine what people thought when the film, Fight Club based off the novel of the same
name released in 1999. I remember being 9 years-old and passing by its billboard showing two of the
main actors, Edward Norton and Brad Pitt. A subtitle read, “Mischief. Mayhem. Soap.” Soap? This
explains the pink bar of soap filling up almost half of the advertisement! Why was Brad holding soap and
why was Edward grinning behind him? While I would continue to figure this out, others older than me
would probably think it was a comedy. 8 years later, I’m 17, purchase the DVD and finally watch it. I’ve
never had a favorite film of all-time but this one filled its slot. Guess what? It isn’t about fighting or soap
but a film about fighting against society.

The film begins showing Edward Norton’s character, a nameless narrator of the film with a barrel
of a gun put in his mouth. He tells the viewer that these moments are too early in the story and he’ll start
over. The narrator says he has had insomnia for the last 6 months and his life has been complicated during
this time. He’s a traveling automobile company employee who lives in a condominium. He explains that
he has become a slave to IKEA and if he saw something anything clever like a coffee table in shape of a
yin-yang, he had to have it. As I listened to him and looked at his condo, I wasn’t convinced that he was
happy with or without insomnia. After being rejected medication from his doctor, he’s advised to visit a
support group where others are in more pain than he’s in. He attends a group for testicular cancer acting
as a victim but without expecting it, he releases emotional stress that relives his symptom for the night.
He becomes addicted and attends other groups until another imposter, Maria Singer played by actress,
Bonham Carter disturbs him. He soon negotiates with her to not meet at the same groups again. After a
flight from a business trip, the narrator finds his apartment destroyed by an explosion. As he looks down
remains of his property on the ground, he showed an unemotional reaction. Even though he didn’t want
this to happen, he looked somewhat free. This was a scene that proved that materialism doesn’t buy
happiness and can be gone any day. He calls Brad Pitt’s character, Tyler Durden, a soap salesman he
befriended on the flight, and met at a bar for drinks. The narrator discusses about the incident and how he
had it all and now it’s all gone. Tyler responds that he believes we all need to stop trying to be perfect and
evolve. Then after the narrator said his insurance will probably cover it, Tyler responded with one of the
memorable quotes I’ll never forget, “The things you own end up owning you.” After a few pitchers of
beer, they leave and the narrator asks Tyler if he could stay at his place for a while. Tyler accepts curtly
but also requests for the narrator to hit him. After hesitation, he punches Tyler which leads to a fistfight
and the narrator moving into Tyler's dilapidated house afterwards. They have more fights outside the bar
and these attract a crowd of leaving men. The fighting moves to the bar's basement, where they form a
fight club. In this order, insomnia, an addiction for support groups, a condo explosion, drinks with a
stranger and desperation led to this. You have to admire the writers for avoiding clichés we’ve already
seen numerous times in other films. Now that the fight club has now been born, where can the story go
from here?

“The first rule of fight club is you do not talk about fight club. The second rule of fight club is
you do not talk about fight club.” That’s the most memorable quote from this film by Tyler Durden but
there’s another that explains why this group was put together in the first place. The members are nothing
more than white-collar workers who have no idea where their life’s going. Like the narrator,
advertisements has them keeping jobs they hate to buy things they don’t need. “We've all been raised on
television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, movie gods and rock stars, but we won't.
We're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.” After hearing this, I understood how fast
this club grew. It was because these people wanted to be around others who felt the same they do. I’ll
never understand the anger these men have to want to do this but the thought always keeps me wondering
how it’d be as one of them and feel that rage.

Have you ever got a chemical burn from lye? Avoid getting one. I won’t explain how this happened but it
has to be one of the most gripping scenes in this film. As the top of the narrator’s right hand fries, Tyler
keeps him from getting loose. He gets in the narrator’s head telling him to consider the possibility that
God doesn’t like him, never wanted him and probably hates him. “We’re God’s unwanted children? So be
it!” The narrator tries to do the exercises he learned from the support groups he was in but Tyler stops him
from continuing and said this was the best moment of his life. “You can run water over your hand and
make it worse or you can use vinegar to neutralize the burn.” “Please let me have it! Please!” “First you
have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday your going to die” Till this day, I
still don’t understand exactly what Tyler meant but my guess was that when you lose it all, you’ll want it
back but one day, you’ll die and it won’t matter. Even though Tyler wanted the narrator to stop fooling
himself and accept death, what a way to explain it.

The narrator and Tyler Durden formed clubs across the country and an organization called Project
Mayhem led by Tyler. One last assignment of the night involves a gun Tyler uses to bring a store cashier
out back. He asks the man for his wallet and looks through it as he says, “Raymond, you’re going to die.”
As Raymond sobs, Tyler finds out he’s a college student and asks him what he studies. “Sss-stuff.”
“I asked you what do you study?” “Biology mostly.” “Why?” “I-don’t-know!” “What did you want to be,
Raymond K. Hessel?” Raymond was speechless. “The question! Was Raymond, what did you want to
be?” Me and the narrator yelled the exact thing, “Answer him, Raymond! Jesus!” “Veteran! Veteran!”
“Animals!” “Yeah, animals!” “That means you need to get more schooling.” “Too much school!” “Would
you rather be dead? You rather die? Here? On your knees? In the back of a convenience store?” I found it
hilarious how Raymond was whining over school than his life. “I’m keeping your license. I’m going to
check in on you. I know where you live. If you’re not on your way on becoming a veteran in six weeks,
you will be dead. Now run on home. Run, Forest, run!” That was the deepest scene I’ve ever watched in
my life. No one has a right to force someone to reach their goals against their will but think of how many
people on this earth are throwing their lives away. There’s also others like Raymond but are scared of
succeeding. The narrator tried to understand what the point of this assignment was. “Tomorrow will be
the most beautiful day in Raymond Hessel’s life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you or I’ve
ever tasted.”

Tyler is driving the narrator and two members of Project Mayhem on the road. The narrator starts
complaining about how he was left in the dark about the organization. Tyler responds that it doesn’t
belong to them and that they’re not special but the narrator keeps demanding information. “Okay. Okay.”
“Quite screwing around! Take the wheel! Take the wheel!” “Look at you! You’re pathetic!” “What?
Why? What’re you talking about?” “Stop trying to control everything and just-let-go! Let go!” Well, I’m
letting go. The quotes and scenes I’ve mentioned have nothing on the film as a whole. This film is about
becoming who you need to be reach your destiny and who you become could be bad or good. Either way,
it happens every day. Fight Club is a pure drama that all its actors succeeds at making us believe they’re
who they’re portraying as. The soundtrack is excellent. I thank the director, David Fincher for choosing
the breakbeat producing duo, Dust Brothers because this film is too complex for just any film score band.
The visual effects also shares quality with the score and just when I thought it’d ruin the mood, I stood
corrected. I want to applauded Edward Norton and Brad Pitt for their phenomenal performances and I
can’t see anyone else playing these roles. I’m thankful to call this film my favorite film of all time and
would refer it to anyone. November 17, 2009 was one of the best days of my life as I bought Fight Club’s
Blu-ray celebrating its 10th anniversary. The moral of this film is that you can’t force anyone to conquer
in life. It’s just one of the ways the world turns. If the first two rules of fight club is not to talk about fight
club, the third should be, “Do not remake or make a sequel to Fight Club.”

Fight Club’s Report Card –
A+

Blu-ray and DVD Edition Box Art-

Fight Club 51oZSlyy5tL._SL500_AA300_Fight Club 51ORyncmJAL._SL500_AA300_
Fight Club 516ZF6YQKAL._SL500_AA300_Fight Club 51bNHQ3eBhL._SL500_AA300_

2Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:18 pm

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Twas a great movie indeed.

3Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:41 pm

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

If this is an essay for English class, shouldn't you have read the (far superior) book instead?

4Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:43 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

We're not supposed to be talking about this. neutral

5Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:46 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

deadbolt85 wrote:If this is an essay for English class, shouldn't you have read the (far superior) book instead?

Far Superior? Wow. While I won't go on record as saying it's one of the rare films that are better than the novel (Jaws, ummmm.... jaws.) I will say I think they're evenly matched. I actually think the story works better as a film... almost.

6Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:51 pm

deadbolt85

deadbolt85
Ninja
Ninja

Brad Pitt ruins my enjoyment of the film, I just don't like him as an actor. When I read the book, I pictured a young Kiefer Sutherland as Tyler Durden, heh.

7Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:09 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

wow. IMO Brad Pitt is easily one of the best actors alive. I don't think I've ever been disappointed in a preformance from him.

8Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:05 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I still haven't seen Fight Club (nor have I read the book).

9Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:42 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:wow. IMO Brad Pitt is easily one of the best actors alive. I don't think I've ever been disappointed in a preformance from him.

Agreed.

10Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:46 pm

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bigtymin504 wrote:
Thundermatts wrote:wow. IMO Brad Pitt is easily one of the best actors alive. I don't think I've ever been disappointed in a preformance from him.

Agreed.

Triply so

11Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:43 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

deadbolt85 wrote:If this is an essay for English class, shouldn't you have read the (far superior) book instead?
You have point but our my professor wanted us to watch and review a film.

12Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:46 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If I'd have done this assignment here's how it'd look:

Fight Club

by Ben Calhoun

Rule # 1 : I can't talk about fight club
Rule # 2 : I can't talk about fight club.

the end.

13Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:52 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FroZen wrote:If I'd have done this assignment here's how it'd look:

Fight Club

by Ben Calhoun

Rule # 1 : I can't talk about fight club
Rule # 2 : I can't talk about fight club.

the end.
And you would've got an F also. Laughing Wink

14Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:18 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:

Far Superior? Wow. While I won't go on record as saying it's one of the rare films that are better than the novel (Jaws, ummmm.... jaws.) I will say I think they're evenly matched. I actually think the story works better as a film... almost.

I agree with Thundermatts

Wow. Never thought I'd say that Very Happy.

Fight Club works much better as a film, I felt that when I read the book I didn't get the 'full picture.'

Also Brad Pitt was perfect for the role.

15Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:41 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I would have turned this in:

Fight Club

Fight Club. The word fight is “To contend in fucking physical conflict, either as a god damned individual or in war, battle
etc.” A club is “An association of members joining together for some common purpose, especially sports, looking at naked women, or
recreation.” Put those two words and meanings together and you’ve got a club of bad ass members who fight
each other. So imagine what people thought when the film, Fight mother fuckin' Club based off the novel of the same
name released in 1999. I remember being 43 years-old and passing by its billboard showing two of the
main actors, Edward Norton and Brad Pitt. A subtitle read, “Mischief. Mayhem. Soap. Tits.” Soap? This
explains the pink bar of soap filling up almost half of the advertisement! Why was Brad holding soap and
why was Edward grinning behind him? And where were the tits? While I would continue to figure this out, others older than me
would probably think it was a comedy. 8 years later, I’m 51, purchase the DVD and finally watch it. I’ve
never had a favorite film of all-time but this one filled my slot. Guess what? It isn’t about fighting or soap
but a film about tits.

The film begins showing Edward Norton’s character, Keyser Soze with a weiner put in his mouth. He tells the viewer that these moments are too early in the story and he’ll start
over. The narrator says he has had herpes for the last 6 months and his life has been complicated during
this time. He’s a traveling Batmobile company employee who lives in a condom. He explains that
he has become a slave to the white man, and if he saw something anything (wtf. I didn't touch this part.) clever like a coffee table in shape of a
yin-yang, he had to have it. As I listened to him and looked at his dick, I wasn’t convinced that he was
happy with or without insomnia. After being fucking rejected c-- sucking medication from his doctor, he’s advised to visit a
support group where others are in more pain than he’s in. He attends a group for eyeball cancer acting
as a victim but without expecting it, he releases sperm that relives his symptom for the night.
He becomes addicted and attends other groups until another imposter, Padme Amidala played by actress,
Tim Curry disturbs him. He soon negotiates with her to not meet at the same fucking groups again. After a
flight from a business trip, the narrator finds his apartment destroyed by an explosion. As he looks down
remains of his manhood on the ground, he showed an unemotional reaction. Even though he didn’t want
this to happen, he looked somewhat free. This was a scene that proved that materialism doesn’t buy
happiness and can be gone any day, much like said herpes. He calls Brad Pitt’s character, Ty Ty Durden, a soap salesman he
befriended on the flight, and met at a bar for drinks. The narrator discusses about the incident and how he
had it all and now it’s all gone. Tyler responds that he believes we all need to stop trying to be perfect and
evolve and then have a gangbang. Then after the narrator said his insurance will probably cover it, Tyler responded with one of the
memorable quotes I’ll never forget, “No, I am your father.” After a few pitchers of
Bloody Mary's, they leave and the narrator asks Tyler if he could stay at his place for a while. Tyler accepts curtly
but also requests for the narrator to kiss him. After hesitation, he kisses Tyler which leads to a makeout session
and the narrator moving into Tyler's dilapidated house afterwards. They have more kisses outside the bar
and these attract a crowd of leaving sailors. The kissing moves to the bar's basement, where they form a
kiss club. In this order, insomnia, an addiction for support groups, a condo explosion, drinks with a
stranger and desperation led to this. You have to admire the writers for avoiding clichés we’ve already
seen numerous times in other films. Now that the kiss club has now been born, where can the story go
from here?

“The first rule of kiss club is you do not talk about kiss club. The second rule of kiss club is
you have to use tongue.” That’s the most memorable quote from this film by Tyler Durden but
there’s another that explains why this group was put together in the first place. The members are nothing
more than strip club workers who have no idea where their life’s going. Like the narrator,
advertisements has them keeping jobs they hate to buy things they don’t need. “We've all been raised on
television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, movie gods and rock stars, but we won't. Or will we?” After hearing this, I understood how fast
this club grew. It was because these people wanted to be around others who felt the same they do. I’ll
never understand the anger these men have to want to do this but the thought always keeps me wondering
how it’d be as one of them and feel that fucking rage.

Have you ever got a chemical burn from lye? Try it sometime. I won’t explain how this happened but it
has to be one of the most ball licking scenes in this film. As the top of the narrator’s right nut fries, Tyler
keeps him from getting loose. He gives the narrator head, telling him to consider the possibility that
God doesn’t like him, never wanted him and probably hates him. “We’re God’s unwanted children? So be
it!” The narrator tries to do the exercises he learned from the support groups he was in but Tyler stops him
from continuing and said this was the best moment of his life. “You can run water over your nut and
make it worse or you can use vinegar to neutralize the burn.” “Please let me have it! Please!” “First you
have to give up. First you have to know, not fear, know that someday your going to die” Till this day, I
still don’t fucking understand exactly what Tyler meant but my guess was that when you lose it all, you’ll want it
back but one day, you’ll die and it won’t matter. Even though Tyler wanted the narrator to stop touching
himself and accept death, what a way to explain it.

The narrator and Tyler Durden formed clubs across the country and an organization called Project
piddly woo led by Tyler. One last assignment of the night involves a gun Tyler uses to bring a store cashier
out back. He asks the man for his wallet and looks through it as he says, “Raymond, you’re going to die. Or will you?”
As Raymond sobs, Tyler finds out he’s a college student and asks him what he studies. “Sss-stuff.”
“I asked you what do you study?” “Biology mostly.” “Why?” “I-don’t-know!” “What did you want to be,
Raymond K. Hessel?” Raymond was mother fucking speechless. “The question! Was Raymond, what did you want to
be?” Me and the narrator yelled the exact thing, “Answer him, Raymond! Jesus!” “Veteran! Veteran!(lol, I also did nothing to this part.)”
“Animals!” “Yeah, animals!” “That means you need to get more schooling.” “Too much school!” “Would
you rather be dead? You rather die? Here? On your knees? In the back of a convenience store?” I found it
hilarious how Raymond was whining over school than his life. “I’m keeping your license. I’m going to
check in on you. I know where you live. If you’re not on your way on becoming a veteran(lulz) in six weeks,
you will be dead. Now run on home. Run, Forest, run!” That was the deepest scene I’ve ever watched in
my life. I had a boner. No one has a right to force someone to reach their goals against their will but think of how many
people on this earth are throwing their lives away. There’s also others like Raymond but are scared of
succeeding. The narrator tried to understand what the point of this assignment was. “Tomorrow will be
the most beautiful day in Raymond Hessel’s life. His breakfast will taste better than any meal you or I’ve
ever tasted.”

Tyler is driving the narrator and two members of Project Mayhem on the road. The narrator starts
complaining about how he was left in the dark about the organization. Tyler responds that it doesn’t
belong to them and that they’re not special but the narrator keeps demanding information. “Okay. Okay.”
“Quite screwing around! Take the wheel Jesus! Jesus take the wheel!” “Look at you! You’re fart-tastic!” “What?
Why? What’re you talking about?” “Stop trying to control everything and just-let-go! Let go!” Well, I’m
letting go. The quotes and scenes I’ve mentioned have nothing on the film as a whole. This film is about
becoming who you need to be reach your destiny and who you become could be bad or good. Either way,
it happens every day. Fight Club is a pure drama that all its actors succeeds at making us believe they’re
who they’re portraying as. The soundtrack is excellent. I thank the director, David Fincher for choosing
the breakbeat producing duo, Dust Brothers because this film is too complex for just any film score band.
The visual effects also shares quality with the score and just when I thought it’d ruin the mood, I stood
corrected. I want to applauded Edward Norton and Brad Pitt for their phenomenal performances and I
can’t see anyone else playing these roles. But I won't. I’m thankful to call this film my favorite film of all time and
would refer it to anyone. November 17, 2009 was one of the best days of my life as I finally kissed a girl and bought Fight Club’s
Blu-ray celebrating its 10th anniversary. The moral of this film is that you can’t force anyone to conquer
in life. It’s just one of the ways the world turns. If the first two rules of kiss club is not to talk about kiss club
club, the third should be, "Two fingers in the anus is a bit much for first timers."

lol in all seriousness though Chris, I hope you haven't given this to your prof yet. You need to look it over, and honestly re-wrtie most of it. That was the first time I've sat and read through the whole thing, and dude, it's a mess. If it would get anything over a D I would never reccomend whatever school you go to. This isn't meant to make fun of you, or piss you off, I'm trying to help. Theres tons of parts that just don't make sense. I think you rush, and in your rush, you leave words out. But dude, it's really tough to get through. There's plenty of grammar mistakes, and the whole Veteran thing (he wants to be a veterinarian) but the main problem is just a simple lack of polish, and a general rushed feeling. I know you want to be a writer and the such, but you really need to figure out how you can get your thoughts and ideas down on paper, and not lose anything in the process. Seriously, just take your time, and read things over, and this paper could be fine, but as it is, it's going to get a bad grade. Please feel free to PM me (although I certainly am not an expert) and I'll be happy to go line by line through this and give some suggestions on what could make it better. Though for the grammar, go bother Tenime lol.

16Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:58 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Laughing Your essay made my day, Matt.

But sadly, I already turned in the paper last Friday. I'm doing bad as you'd think in the class though. I got a C+ on my 1st essay, B+ on my 2nd, B on my third and C on the last. Sh-t, it was spelled "veterinarian"? I tried m best to avoid a lot of mechanics. I hope to barely get a B honestly. She said to me herself I'm a talented writer and that I can do better to reach an A. Well, whatever I get...I hope I'll ace the final exam.

17Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:05 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Glad you liked it!

And I know you're talented, I can see it, thats what makes you frustrating lol. I really think I'm right, in that you just rush, I used to fall victim to it too, whether it's writing fiction or a paper for school. I would get ideas, things would pop into my head, and I would rush to get everything down, and what I was attempting to say, or the picture I was trying to paint with words wouldn't make the transition. Now, I find it helps to dwell for a day or two on new ideas, and work everything out in my head. I do that because I'm not big on drafts, but you may benefit from drafts, if that suits your style. Is this the first pass at the paper? If it is, that may be the problem (or even if it's your second or maybe even third) Obviously, you're taking the class to learn, so that's what it's for, you aren't going to be perfect, I just see a problem keeping you from being as good as it seems you can be, and thought I'd offer a little help, hope it does help, and like I said, feel free to PM me anytime, no matter what you're writing. I've been helped a lot by other people, and in the last year or so, my writing has really taken a giant turn for the better, and I may have some tips to pass on if they're wanted.

18Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:06 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nice T-Matts...real nice! educated

19Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:07 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

A+?

20Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:10 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

A+ indeed! thumbs up

21Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:47 pm

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

something that helped me to go from a decent writer in high school to a good (to I dare say a steady/consistent) writer was to not wait till the last minute. My problem was that I would wait till the last day or last two days and write the paper, use spell check, and hit print. Now I try to finish the paper a week before its due. Hit spell check, save, print, and place it on my desk for a day or two (usually I print it on Thursday night and read it Sunday night). When I read I have a pencil in my hand and mark up my own paper. This has helped me catch a crap ton of my own mistakes and have helped me make my papers more coherent. To be truthful reading a physical paper, allows me at least, to catch more mistakes....

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

22Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:36 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, it's a great movie. We are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world is a great quote and pretty much true.

23Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:57 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I got a 93% A! TMatt, it couldn't have been that bad! I know you said if I got over a D, you wouldn't recommend my college to anyone but it is a community college and my professor does also teach a university so she must have saw something you didn't other than the few typos.

She wrote, "A little too much of the story than details but nice writing. P.S. It's one of my son's favorite also."

But yeah, I'll take your and her advice also. One more essay to go! Smile

24Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:47 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That is epic.. imo

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

25Fight Club Empty Re: Fight Club Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:24 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hmmm, I'm really worried that that paper got an A. I mean holy crap. And this is not a bash chris type thing, I'm just genuinely shocked. It really is a mess that makes little sense, unless you dig for the intention. (It's not just grammar and misspellings, it's the whole structure, which for the millionth time, is not because you're a bad writer, something is just being lost in the translation.) But hey, I'm not your teacher, so good job! lol. Disregard everything I've said and keep kicking butt!

Believe me when I say I genuinely like you, and have never been out to just rip on you, and I only offer criticism (and try to help) because I think you could be a good writer (If I didn't, I wouldn't bother. To me you either have it or you don't, and that's true for any art form, and I think you have it, but have something blocking the way) but I honestly think you're teacher is doing a disservice to you by grading that paper that high. Because you're going to continue to write like that, and I know you have desires to work with writing in some capacity, and that's just not goiing to cut it. And gosh I hope I don't sound like a giant douche, or sound like I think I'm an expert or something (because I'm not, times 2) I just want the best for ya kid. lol. So even if you're making good grades, maybe at least humor me, and try some of my suggestions, and see if it makes a difference on any of your writing, whether it be something for school or otherwise.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum