Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jonah Hex

+24
Bigtymin504
Foreigner_Man
Off_White_Lantern
supervenom
ChrisToPhenom
Thundermatts
riv1
Silent K
elijahdprophet
G_Zatara
Combo Mo
Astro13Zombie
melvinlikechris
(._Y_.)
The_Donster
colossus1979
Spaced4SimonPegg
Sandman
jaydee74
Administrator
Joshua
BlueMaxx
WonderWoman2.0
Paroxysm
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:30 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

While I'll catch a cheap matinee, I have ridiculously low expectations for the movie. I assumed they wouldn't adhere very strictly to the comics, but the amount of things changed just from watching the trailer is aggravating. There's no reason not to just adapt the comic book origin directly to screen. It'd actually be easier to do than all of that shit they've tossed in. It's a shame too, because all of the stuff in the trailer that makes the movie look terrible is the stuff they've changed. I would have much preferred straight western movie, not this mystical sci-fi action bonanza we're getting.

52Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Sat May 01, 2010 4:59 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Jonah Hex - Page 3 2dkzwn8

53Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Sat May 01, 2010 5:24 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Rolling Eyes Megan Fox giving a sex face? In a movie trailer? Posted by ChrisP? Laughing I can keep going with my sarcastic, rhetorical questions. tongue

54Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Sat May 01, 2010 5:32 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Rolling Eyes Megan Fox giving a sex face? In a movie trailer? Posted by ChrisP? Laughing I can keep going with my sarcastic, rhetorical questions. tongue
What? Laughing

55Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Sun May 02, 2010 9:43 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:Jonah Hex - Page 3 2dkzwn8
I so just hurt myself.

56Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Sun May 02, 2010 10:17 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

ChrisToPhenom wrote:Jonah Hex - Page 3 2dkzwn8
So this is the extent of her acting ability. She doesn't impress.

57Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Sun May 02, 2010 11:38 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd say my opinion matters more than a fans. You're going to see the film whether the trailer is good or not. They're not concerned with gettig you in the theater. They need people like me. And guess what, they won't get many of us based on that trailer.

58Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Sun May 02, 2010 12:01 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

not familiar with the character but I do enjoy supernatural westerns. I'll give this a shot. and mmmm Megan Fox

59Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Sun May 02, 2010 12:20 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:I'd say my opinion matters more than a fans. You're going to see the film whether the trailer is good or not. They're not concerned with gettig you in the theater. They need people like me. And guess what, they won't get many of us based on that trailer.
I'm sure there are many existing fans of Jonah Hex who will not see the movie because of the trailer. To assume your opinion is more important than anyone's is arrogant and foolish.

60Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Sun May 02, 2010 12:23 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It was in responce to being told my opinion doesn't matter. Try to keep up.

And also, I doubt everything you're saying. Jonah hex is likely to get one film (or franchise) in our lifetimes. I think even if a fan thinks the trailer sucks, he's going to "take what he can get"

61Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Sun May 02, 2010 12:29 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm not saying they won't give it a shot eventually, for the reason you mentioned, but it's not like going to the theater is the only way to see a movie before you die.

62Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Sun May 02, 2010 12:37 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

true true true. The movie is probabaly going to bomb anyways, so it doesn't ultimately matter.

63Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:43 pm

Off_White_Lantern

Off_White_Lantern
Pirate
Pirate

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/jonah_hex/news/?a=17565

Read a few early reviews and they all said this was a terrible movie. Im sure some of u will like it since its a comic movie (theres a few that seem to like ANY comic film) but its already being hailed as the worst movie of the year.

64Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:30 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Off_White_Lantern wrote:Im sure some of u will like it since its a comic movie
You clearly haven't been keeping up with this thread.

65Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:47 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Off_White_Lantern wrote:Im sure some of u will like it since its a comic movie
You clearly haven't been keeping up with this thread.
lol!

66Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:46 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Cyrus Wants to be like Jonah Hex? Laughing

67Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:57 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

^Do you get kickbacks from those guys?

68Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:50 pm

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:^Do you get kickbacks from those guys?

Ha! I wish but their material is gold. Have you even checked their site out, Knize?

69Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:38 am

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Another advertising theme for Spill. Laughing

Jonah Hex - Page 3 DaBoys

70Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:55 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

^ Laughing
If i do see this movie, I'm most likely going to see it with a bunch of friends and treat it as a B-movie. This looks like it could be a so-bad-it's-good-kind of movie. Brolin looks great as Hex though. I was kind of optimistically hoping this movie might bring a resurgence of western films. Most likely not going to happen now. Pity, this could have been a Sergio Leone-like movie. Still could be a good B-movie though.

71Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:30 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am surprised this movie is only 70 minutes long. huh

72Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:38 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:I am surprised this movie is only 70 minutes long. huh
I'm a dutiful fan and going to see it later, so I'm grateful it's only 70 minutes long. Laughing

73Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:16 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

12% positive on RT so far. yikes

74Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:07 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If I could describe JONAH HEX in one word, it would be: inexplicable. The movie is nothing more than random events, loosely linked together, occurring without much reason or explanation. As an enormous fan of the comic book I am seriously disappointed. As an enormous fan of quality cinema, I am deeply offended. I'm not really sure what the screenwriters and the director thought they were making as this movie came together, but it's nothing even remotely related to entertainment. Some movies are so poorly made and over-the-top that they transcend anything resembling a bad movie and become entertaining, just for all of the wrong reasons. Unfortunately JONAH HEX does not suffer such a burden. It is flat, boring, ridiculous, and again, I come back to the same word, inexplicably bad.

There is a scene in the movie where the title character, played wonderfully well with grit and dark humor by Josh Brolin, is being treated (for a shotgun wound that by all rights, should have ended him) by some random American Indians. Random in the sense that they show up for no purpose and disappear with no purpose. They exist in this movie for one reason only, to cure Jonah Hex. Anyway, their shaman is sprinkling some magic dust on his chest which causes Jonah's chest to erupt in smoke right before a crow (physical or metaphysical, I'm not sure) flies out of Jonah's mouth and joins a murder of crows flying overhead. The movie immediately cuts to Jonah, full healed, riding across the range looking for vengeance. I consider myself a fairly intelligent person, but honestly, I have no idea if the makers of this movie are insinuating that a live crow was literally shot into Jonah's chest or if it's supposed to be a metaphor or a supernatural experience. The movie is completely incoherent when trying to show us what is actually happening or why.

There were many other such instances that causes me to roll my eyes or scoff, but honestly, they're so bad I don't even want to bother. I would, however, like to recommend the screenwriters read a book and get a sense of 19th century American history because they clearly have no sense of events, culture, or geography.

All that said, I don't recommend this movie, not even in a "It's so terrible you've got to see it" kind of way. I have no doubts this movie will flounder at the box office, even if it weren't going against the theater juggernaut known as TOY STORY 3, and it deserves to. Every dollar Jonah Hex makes (even the $5 I knowingly gave to it) is an injustice to human decency.

As an addendum, I would like to note that anyone who sees this movie or smartly avoids it should not let it dissuade them from the DC comic book. I highly recommend reading the comic book, be it the old John Albano & Michael Fleisher stories or the current Justin Gray/Jimmy Palmiotti series. Jonah Hex, as a character, deserves a better movie than this. It's a shame another one probably won't get made in my lifetime.

75Jonah Hex - Page 3 Empty Re: Jonah Hex Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:33 pm

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

that bad huh? curses.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum