Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast!

+52
superdoug
Spazzy
SammIAm
Dr Awkward
Big Poppa Nick
AKA Brandon
Gojiratoho
Foxy
kidspider2099
pink*lantern
Xman00aoa
UltimateUltimacy
Steel Rose
jfx316
Batman25JM
The Ignored One
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
dpool666
Sapphire Gypsy
Ska
goatt
wickidchyld
melvinlikechris
WonderWoman2.0
Astro13Zombie
Airwolf
Demonweasel
comicgeekelly
darth__frodo
potatojoe
The Chris Ward Experience
Denim
Rath99
The Delta
Debaser77
dmahoney
Captain Painway
BlueMaxx
elijahdprophet
shark6495
Heytherejeffro
shining knight
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
MillionDollarGeek
Mnemosis
krpykrwly
Chi-Town Spidey
Silent K
Lee
Joshua
jaydee74
rwe1138
56 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 42]

1The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:16 am

rwe1138

rwe1138

jaydee74 wrote:Did Rob Van Dam wrestle for WCW? I only know him from his days at ECW.
Only very briefly in 1992 as Robbie V, because Bill Watts didn't like the name Rob Van Dam.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

2The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:03 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I did not know that. Robbie V? Rob Van Dam is much cooler than Robbie V.

3The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:10 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lee, you keep saying that Cop Out wasn't crappy, and I'm not going to debate that point because I won't ever watch it, but you keep failing to recognize that Kevin Smith himself is saying "How can you call this movie bad, when it's supposed to be bad?" How come Kevin Smith wasn't saying his movies weren't for critics when they were praising his movies? I'll re-iterate the fact that I tend to enjoy Smith more than I don't, but his shouting down the critics screams butthurt.

4The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:27 am

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

I don't think he's saying the movie's supposed to be bad; just that it's not supposed to be an example of glorious film making. Not every movie is. And that's fine.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

5The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:32 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Imaginary film project that I hope will never come to pass, that Lee would defend to his grave:

Kevin Smith directs Transformers 4.

6The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:35 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Lee is to Kevin Smith as Knize is to Dexter as KWhack is to Bank Stories.

Laughing tongue

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

7The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:38 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Don't fucking throw Dexter into that mess! Dexter needs no defending. That show is untouchable.

How about Kevin Smith directs Bank Story: The Movie?

8The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:40 am

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:Don't fucking throw Dexter into that mess! Dexter needs no defending. That show is untouchable.

"This is a robbery!! Put the money in the bag!!"

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!"

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

9The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:43 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

krpykrwly wrote:
Silent K wrote:Don't fucking throw Dexter into that mess! Dexter needs no defending. That show is untouchable.

"This is a robbery!! Put the money in the bag!!"

"I'm not even supposed to be here today!"

That's ALREADY way too exciting for a Bank Story movie.

More like:

"Loyd! The internet is down! HALP!"
"Looks like we're going to have to close Window 3."
"Star Wars. Cocks. Schwalbach."

10The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:44 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Smith's words, not mine:
Like, it’s called Cop Out; that sound like a very ambitious title to you? You REALLY wanna shit in the mouth of a flick that so OBVIOUSLY strived for nothing more than laughs. Was it called “Schindler’s Cop Out”? Writing a nasty review for Cop Out is akin to bullying a retarded kid who was getting a couple chuckles from the normies by singing AFTERNOON DELIGHT. Suddenly, bully-dudes are doing the bad impression of him, using the “retart” voice.
I'm not sure which phrasing aggravates me more, the fact that he seems to think comedies can't be well-done (a Herculean feat he's actually achieves several times) or that he puts his movie on the same level as a retarded child. I mean, why should we bother to go see this movie if the director doesn't seem very proud of his work?

Obviously your mind isn't going to be changed Lee, and neither is mine, but watching a director attack critics only after he's received bad review really chaps my hide. You keep trying to point out that people hated Cop Out because Smith has a large target on his back (which I don't buy, because as Knize already pointed out, Richard Roeper is a huge Kevin Smith fan, both personally and professionally, and he did not like Cop Out). All right, let's say for argument's sake that that's it entirely. Cop Out wasn't given a fair chance by critics because they just wanted to hate on Kevin Smith. Well, who painted that target on his back? Kevin Smith painted it, when he started bitching at critics for not liking his movies. When making movies is your job, you have to be more professional that just to lash out when people don't like your work. Instead of typing tirades on the internet, he should take that criticism and prove them wrong with his next movie. How many other well-respected people in cinema are so vocally negative? I can't think of one.

11The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:46 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Michael Bay. That's who.

Kevin Smith and Michael Bay. That's a pairing for you.

12The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:49 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well-respected.

13The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:50 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Joshua wrote:Well-respected.

Touche. I glossed over that part.

14The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:06 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Joshua wrote:Smith's words, not mine:
Like, it’s called Cop Out; that sound like a very ambitious title to you? You REALLY wanna shit in the mouth of a flick that so OBVIOUSLY strived for nothing more than laughs. Was it called “Schindler’s Cop Out”? Writing a nasty review for Cop Out is akin to bullying a retarded kid who was getting a couple chuckles from the normies by singing AFTERNOON DELIGHT. Suddenly, bully-dudes are doing the bad impression of him, using the “retart” voice.
I'm not sure which phrasing aggravates me more, the fact that he seems to think comedies can't be well-done (a Herculean feat he's actually achieves several times) or that he puts his movie on the same level as a retarded child. I mean, why should we bother to go see this movie if the director doesn't seem very proud of his work?

Obviously your mind isn't going to be changed Lee, and neither is mine, but watching a director attack critics only after he's received bad review really chaps my hide. You keep trying to point out that people hated Cop Out because Smith has a large target on his back (which I don't buy, because as Knize already pointed out, Richard Roeper is a huge Kevin Smith fan, both personally and professionally, and he did not like Cop Out). All right, let's say for argument's sake that that's it entirely. Cop Out wasn't given a fair chance by critics because they just wanted to hate on Kevin Smith. Well, who painted that target on his back? Kevin Smith painted it, when he started bitching at critics for not liking his movies. When making movies is your job, you have to be more professional that just to lash out when people don't like your work. Instead of typing tirades on the internet, he should take that criticism and prove them wrong with his next movie. How many other well-respected people in cinema are so vocally negative? I can't think of one.

THIS.

Andy Schmidt, editor of IDW's Transformers and GI Joe books, e-mailed me regarding a mediocre review I gave a couple of their books. He was setting me straight on a shipping mishap. The e-mail, however, was perfectly pleasant, and he THANKED me for the review. He COULD have gone onto the IDWForums and ranted about how this guy at PoP! has no place reviewing IDW's books, but he didn't, because that's NOT how the world works.

Unless you're a self-important fatass movie director.

15The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:14 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
THIS.
Worst debater, my ass. Sleep

Laughing

16The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:32 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Hahaha... hey, you were showing me the worst you had to offer. I couldn't ignore that fact. I still love you though.

17The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:19 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Im actually listening to the podcasts from episode 1 to now since I carry it on my new phone. Sometimes I get bored at work and im trying (so fucken hard) not to buy comic books every week so I just sit there and listen to these guys. Currently im on episode 10 and I love the discussion they're having about Transformers. I just didn't know there was going to be an entire episode about robots in disguise.

On to episode 11 now.

18The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:31 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Episode 11 is a favorite.

19The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:33 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Is episode 11 the birth of missing basements?

20The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:48 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Indeed it is.

21The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:15 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Me on cold medicine + Evil Cat + those other guys = Win.

22The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:28 am

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Nice show, gents. CAPS LOCK IS FUN. Laughing

23The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:00 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love episode 11 so damn much

Haven't listened to the past two weeks due to computer failure on account of viruses

24The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:05 am

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^Look who's not dead!

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

25The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:07 am

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

without the net and especially this place I might as well have been Crying or Very sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 42]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum