Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast!

+52
superdoug
Spazzy
SammIAm
Dr Awkward
Big Poppa Nick
AKA Brandon
Gojiratoho
Foxy
kidspider2099
pink*lantern
Xman00aoa
UltimateUltimacy
Steel Rose
jfx316
Batman25JM
The Ignored One
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
dpool666
Sapphire Gypsy
Ska
goatt
wickidchyld
melvinlikechris
WonderWoman2.0
Astro13Zombie
Airwolf
Demonweasel
comicgeekelly
darth__frodo
potatojoe
The Chris Ward Experience
Denim
Rath99
The Delta
Debaser77
dmahoney
Captain Painway
BlueMaxx
elijahdprophet
shark6495
Heytherejeffro
shining knight
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
MillionDollarGeek
Mnemosis
krpykrwly
Chi-Town Spidey
Silent K
Lee
Joshua
jaydee74
rwe1138
56 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 42]

251The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:54 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

I love that Lee can somehow hate on the concept that the Joker changes drastically at semi regular intervals but is so attached to continuity. Is there any OTHER way to explain him shooting and sexually assaulting Barbara Gordon one day and being a useless goof ball fuckup a month later? Hate on Morrison's execution if you want, but the concept works really well in continuity. I think Joker might be the most consistently changing character in comics in the way he is portrayed, both visually and as a character.

252The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:09 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

elijahdprophet wrote:I love that Lee can somehow hate on the concept that the Joker changes drastically at semi regular intervals but is so attached to continuity. Is there any OTHER way to explain him shooting and sexually assaulting Barbara Gordon one day and being a useless goof ball fuckup a month later? Hate on Morrison's execution if you want, but the concept works really well in continuity. I think Joker might be the most consistently changing character in comics in the way he is portrayed, both visually and as a character.

QFT

http://www.demonweasel.com

253The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:13 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

elijahdprophet wrote:You guys should upload PCN casts to their own podcast stream so they can get their own reviews.
The epi's have comment chains and such, which is groovy. The one feed system is a good one since it keeps everything together, which I approve of.

elijahdprophet wrote:I love that Lee can somehow hate on the concept that the Joker changes drastically at semi regular intervals but is so attached to continuity. Is there any OTHER way to explain him shooting and sexually assaulting Barbara Gordon one day and being a useless goof ball fuckup a month later? Hate on Morrison's execution if you want, but the concept works really well in continuity. I think Joker might be the most consistently changing character in comics in the way he is portrayed, both visually and as a character.
Poppycock and balderdash. I attribute his changing character traits to the fact that he's out of his mind crazy. I need no more reasoning than that. Even so, it would almost do Ledger's performance a disservice to radically alter the character one movie later, but that's just me.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

254The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

elijahdprophet wrote:The original io9 post didn't jump to "black spiderman" right away. The article was speculating on a non white actor playing the character, and asked the question later "So why couldn't Peter Parker be played by a black or a Hispanic actor? How does that invalidate who Peter Parker is?"

Someone in the comments started the talk about Glover and that took over the conversation. I think it would be a great choice.

This is correct.

255The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:07 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If they were only looking for an older Spider-Man, I would have a slight chance. Laughing

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

256The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:53 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Jeri Ryan played the role of Sonya as a favor for the guy who made it, since they are friends.

257The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:19 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

elijahdprophet wrote:Jeri Ryan played the role of Sonya as a favor for the guy who made it, since they are friends.

Yeah. It's the most expensive business card ever.

258The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:23 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Demonweasel wrote:

QFT

Seconded.

Lee wrote:
Poppycock and balderdash. I attribute his changing character traits to the fact that he's out of his mind crazy. I need no more reasoning than that. Even so, it would almost do Ledger's performance a disservice to radically alter the character one movie later, but that's just me.

But... but... THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT MORRISON ESTABLISHED! I may hate on the man, a lot, but that was brilliant of him, and you're describing exactly what he established. Joker is SO crazy, he's always different. Everytime he goes away and comes back, he's lost interest in the Joker he WAS and has formulated a new style of crazy for himself. He's like Cher.

259The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Jun 10, 2010 9:41 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Cher makes the Joker look like Ayn Rand.

260The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:21 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:
Demonweasel wrote:

QFT

Seconded.

Lee wrote:

But... but... THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT MORRISON ESTABLISHED! I may hate on the man, a lot, but that was brilliant of him, and you're describing exactly what he established. Joker is SO crazy, he's always different. Everytime he goes away and comes back, he's lost interest in the Joker he WAS and has formulated a new style of crazy for himself. He's like Cher.

Where'd the quote boxes go? I feel like I need the short bus after trying to follow this... Wink

261The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:57 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Hey Dexter nerds.

Dexter blood slide candy

262The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:01 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

elijahdprophet wrote:Hey Dexter nerds.

Dexter blood slide candy

Fuck yes. I'm putting my Mom on this for PoP!toberfest.

Miss you, Eli. <3

263The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jun 16, 2010 11:58 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

The Natal/Kinect videos from E3 are even lamer than what the games will look like. That Star Wars demo was a fucking farce.

264The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:55 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Hey. May the farce be with you.

265The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:06 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.sadtrombone.com

266The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:09 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Man, I DO miss when this was a podcast about comics. lol!

267The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:11 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

elijahdprophet wrote:Man, I DO miss when this was a podcast about comics. lol!

When was that? lol

268The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:15 pm

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Must have been before I showed up.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

269The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:07 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Another great episode. Those Dexter coasters sound fantastic. My wife and I are about to start season 3 of the show and we are so into it. It's amazing how many of those actors from Oz wind up together on other shows. As always, you guys put a smile on my face. Just throwing this out there but I sent a few F/M/Ks to you that you could do. Just saying. Wink

Again, great show as always.

270The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:24 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Thanks Jaydee!

Enjoy Season three! Coño!

271The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:27 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Party in the USA is a terrible song, but still better than Tonight's Gonna Be A Good Night.

FMK is getting a little stale, there are only so many iterations of it that will be hilarious, and I think most of them have been covered. Old people, kids, animals, combinations of the three, these are all funny, but they have been done.

I think you should replace it with Would You Rather.

272The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:29 am

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

I do enjoy Would You Rather. It's ri-goddamned-diculous. Working on a variation of Doug Benson's Leonard Maltin Game, too.

273The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:51 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

How about this....we save FMK for when we have a really GOOD one.

274The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Jun 17, 2010 11:01 am

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

I'm not proposing we completely toss the game, but variety is indeed the spice of life.

275The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 11 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:52 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

New game idea.

You are stuck on desert island with (name of person) and you two only have (an object) and a certain amount of (a food.). What do you two do to get off the island which is cursed with having (a deadly situation).

For example.

KNIZE, you are stuck on a desert island with Kristin Allen and you two only have a camcorder and a certain amout of peanut butter and strawberry M&M's. What do you two do to get off the island which is curse with having Zombies!

GO!

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 26 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum