Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast!

+52
superdoug
Spazzy
SammIAm
Dr Awkward
Big Poppa Nick
AKA Brandon
Gojiratoho
Foxy
kidspider2099
pink*lantern
Xman00aoa
UltimateUltimacy
Steel Rose
jfx316
Batman25JM
The Ignored One
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
dpool666
Sapphire Gypsy
Ska
goatt
wickidchyld
melvinlikechris
WonderWoman2.0
Astro13Zombie
Airwolf
Demonweasel
comicgeekelly
darth__frodo
potatojoe
The Chris Ward Experience
Denim
Rath99
The Delta
Debaser77
dmahoney
Captain Painway
BlueMaxx
elijahdprophet
shark6495
Heytherejeffro
shining knight
Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
MillionDollarGeek
Mnemosis
krpykrwly
Chi-Town Spidey
Silent K
Lee
Joshua
jaydee74
rwe1138
56 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next

Go down  Message [Page 37 of 42]

901The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:37 pm

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

I missed the Kerouac Cast 5 days a week the first time around. Awesome.

902The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:00 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Voicemail left.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

903The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:13 pm

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

Amazing

904The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:09 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

All I know is that Kerouac made it sound like Panels on Pages is willing to host my webcomic. Thanks, man!

I forgive you for wanting to kill me.

http://www.demonweasel.com

905The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:14 am

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

I will host the old time radio version of your web comic on LWiP.

You're welcome.

906The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:37 am

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Yelling didn't work. Let's try quiet typing:

Silent K wrote:
If a regular customer comes in on Tuesday to get Fantastic Four, and they don't come back until the following Wednesday, those NEW DC books from the week before are now a week old, decreasing the likeliness that someone might pick one up on a whim.

In the above scenario, the customer who didn't come back Wednesday didn't get a crack at any of the other Marvel releases, either. Therefore, when they come back the following week, they're in the same boat with Marvel that they are with DC and any other publisher. So, if anything, Marvel sold one more book to that customer than any other publisher did. If THAT is what DC and the other publishers are concerned about, they've wasted more money arguing about this than they lost in the whole debacle comparatively.

Silent K wrote:
Concurrently, a non-regular customer that comes in on Tuesday to pick up FF, might pick up some other books while they're there, but those Wednesday release DC books aren't available for purchase, and who knows if they'll ever come back to the store.

Conversely, a non-regular customer might pick up some other books for purchase; let's say six, for the sake of argument. Some of those books might be Marvel. Some might be DC. If they'd come to the store on Wednesday, and picked up six other books, some of them might be Marvel and some of them might be DC. There is NO REASON to think they'd buy more DC books on Wednesday than on Tuesday. There's no logic to it.

Again, this would MAYBE make sense if DC had been dropping some #1's or something to specifically coincide with FF 587, figuring new buyers would be at the store, and this was the time to try to hook them. But that didn't happen. At all.

Silent K wrote:
It's an unfair advantage, and one that would UNDOUBTEDLY cut into potential DC sales, if only by a fraction. But that fraction is enough for DC to be pissed about.

But again... it would have cut into Marvel sales by almost the exact same fraction! I personally got 22 Marvel books last week that were NOT Fantastic Four 587. If DC's theory applied to me, then Marvel just cost themselves the sales of 22 books just to push the sales of 1. They'd have done themselves just as much damage as they did to anyone else.

It's a bogus argument and I simply can't understand so many people falling for it.

Even Jose's argument isn't 100%, though it's better. Yes, the rules were being broken, and yes, that's wrong. But... Marvel didn't break the rules. Marvel said to Diamond, "Hey, we want our book sold Tuesday." It was up to Diamond to say "No go." They allowed it on a "let's see what happens" basis.

Dinner's in an hour. You know you're not supposed to have a cookie. Rather than just going and taking one, you ask Dad "Can I have a cookie?" Dad says "Yes." Your sister pitches a fit that you got to have a cookie before dinner. Did you do something wrong?

Demonweasel wrote:All I know is that Kerouac made it sound like Panels on Pages is willing to host my webcomic. Thanks, man!

I forgive you for wanting to kill me.

Who ever said we wouldn't be? I'm all for it!

907The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:42 am

dmahoney

dmahoney
Zombie
Zombie

KILL ME!

908The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:26 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FUCK MERLIN!

The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Teamgandalf

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

909The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:36 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Denim wrote:FUCK MERLIN!

The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Teamgandalf
Hell yeah!

910The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:09 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah, I'm now obsessed with the PoP!-Cast. In the past two weeks I haven't even listened to any music. Anytime I get the opportunity I listen to the PoP!-Cast. I don't even mind going to work anymore because now work means I have more time to listen to the PoP!-Cast. Seriously, I love it so much!!

I've come to realize that I quite miss Esbat. I mean, the show is still a bajillion kinds of awesome and the addition to Jose is like the addition of Captain America to the Avengers. It makes things complete. That said, Esbat is still missed. I don't know what went down with Esbat leaving, but I wish he was still around.

Finally, I've developed a man crush on Knize. Wink

911The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:28 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Hey-Oh! nerd big cock

912The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:32 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

hug

913The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:53 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah, I miss Esbat, too. Dude had a GREAT sense of comedic timing.

Thanks for all the kinds words, John Michael. Seriously, spread that around like it's herpes. The world needs more good vibes... And we need more readers/listeners. Laughing

http://www.leerodriguez.net

914The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:00 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'll spread good vibes around like a cheap slut. I'm pimping you guys out to anyone who will listen.

915The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:11 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

They spread disease not good vibes.

916The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:40 pm

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Can't they spread both? Smile

917The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:35 am

Big Poppa Nick

Big Poppa Nick
Ninja
Ninja

Listening to LWIP I was glad they never came back to me about who I thought was better than Gandalf. Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

918The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:49 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Just listening to last weeks show, sorry for all the heavy breathing noises, thats me falling asleep on my microphone.

919The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:55 pm

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:Just listening to last weeks show, sorry for all the heavy breathing noises, thats me falling asleep on my microphone.
Why were you still on the show if you were falling asleep? huh

I mean, if you're a call-in guest, not a scheduled interview, say your thoughts and skedaddle.

Sorry, but I used to work in broadcast radio, and that was pet peeve #1. It didn't help that it was redneck country radio, and Ol' Farmer Jim thought that everyone in a 10-mile radius wanted to hear about the tractor he had for sale. Laughing

Last edited by Captain Painway on Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : smiley immunity)

http://likeitderby.com

920The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:12 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I assure you that the breathing at the beginning of the podcast was a "oh man its 3am, I've just been out drinking and I'm sobering myself up with a doner kebab" snooze, as opposed to an arrogant "oh man, i'm so bored" snore

921The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:15 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I feel your pain dude...I feel your pain

Speaking of

will the ginger ninja who spouts gibberish be sucking the Rodriquez bandwith again?

Heh...

922The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:24 pm

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:^ I assure you that the breathing at the beginning of the podcast was a "oh man its 3am, I've just been out drinking and I'm sobering myself up with a doner kebab" snooze, as opposed to an arrogant "oh man, i'm so bored" snore
No excuse. Sure, the PoP!Cast is nice enough to allow call-ins, but you gotta show some respect and GTFO after you've said what you needed to say.

shining knight wrote:I feel your pain dude...I feel your pain

Speaking of

will the ginger ninja who spouts gibberish be sucking the Rodriquez bandwith again?

Heh...
That too. Don't fucking add to an already overworked Skype and make the show sound like shit for everyone else.

I mean, come on. Show some respect for the hosts and for everyone else who listens to the show. Call in, WITH SOMETHING SPECIFIC TO SAY, and GTFO. None of the rest of us want to hear people creepin' in the background and adding to the static. shake my head

923The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:26 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow...that was slightly brutal

924The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:29 pm

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sorry, like I said, it's a pet peeve, and I needed to say it. It's nothing personal, I like it when you guys call in, but when it makes the show impossible to listen to because of the bandwidth issues... that really sucks.

925The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! - Page 37 Empty Re: The Panels On Pages PoP-Cast! Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:32 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I understand

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 37 of 42]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum