Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

C2E2

+33
kerryart
dylanlukebillijo
jaydee74
Hannibal king
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Spazzy
Foxy
rwe1138
Chi-Town Spidey
TheUncannyJim
Demonweasel
Matt
krpykrwly
Astro13Zombie
aequitus
Lee
Gojiratoho
Mnemosis
potatojoe
Debaser77
SexyToaster
Ska
Denim
goatt
Airwolf
BlueMaxx
Joshua
MillionDollarGeek
Silent K
Rath99
elijahdprophet
TENIME_art
WonderWoman2.0
37 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

101C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:55 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:I don't actually remember that happening...and it's on video and photo.

After years of ass grabbing I've become an ass grabbing ninja

102C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:57 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

A note from the folks at Reed Exhibitions

Thanks to our 28,000 friends, old and new…….

I think it’s pretty widely reported now, but attendance at the first ever C2E2 was right around 28k (27,500 right now, but we have more tickets to count coming back from retailers) and I have to say that I am overwhelmed with the embrace the show got from the city of broad shoulders. I’ve been really touched by the comments from fans who simply stopped me as I walked down the halls of the show (“thank you for bringing this to Chicago” or some variation was the most common), the emails I’ve been receiving, and comments on blog recaps of the show (particularly on The Beat’s wrap up). The enthusiasm seems to be high for this launch and we can’t wait to do it again only bigger, better and stronger with a year under our belts.

There were certainly things that we need to address (the building was too large, the panel rooms to large and remote, assuring that we have better aisle density and even bigger crowds in 11 to name a few) and know that we will, based on feedback from the fans and the exhibitors. We have never claimed to be perfect here, but I am proud to claim that we rarely make the same mistakes twice and I think we’ve proved that on NYCC – we build the best show we can, we listen, we improve, the show grows and then we have new issues to address and improve upon the following year – but rarely the same issues you shared with us the previous year.

C2E2 was a launch event - a brand spanking new concept that had never been done before and the reception has been amazing. Perhaps most humbling has been the feedback from a number of our exhibitors, we heard a lot of comments like, “we believe in what you are doing and want to grow this with you.” Or “this is the show Chicago needs and we want to be a part of making it great.” Those are direct quotes and what I am most proud of is the words acknowledge that the event was not perfect, but the vision we’ve been working on for a year came through loud and clear, we launched it, and our partners believe in it and want to be with us to grow it further. What more could one ask for out of a launch?

It’s important we hear from you, so please leave comments, email me and if you get one of our post show survey’s, fill it out, all these methods will make sure that your voice is heard as we begin the year long process of building an even bigger and better C2E2.2!

Thank you again for helping to create something truly unique for Chicago, it was an honor to be a part of your party…..

-Lance

103C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:09 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Seriously....can you members of the PoP!ulation deluge C2E2 with emails about linking to our "PoP! Takes Over C2E2" Coverage? They were such peaches to work with before the show, now we can't get them to answer our emails.

SALES

* Larry Settembrini - lsettembrini@reedexpo.com
* Mark Fitch - mfitch@reedexpo.com
* Tonya Hughes - thughes@reedexpo.com

MARKETING

* Brian Stephenson - bstephenson@reedexpo.com

PROGRAMMING

* Peter Tatara - ptatara@reedexpo.com
* Kim Mueller - kmueller@reedexpo.com

PRESS

* Roger Bilheimer - bilheim@aol.com

OPERATIONS

* Chris Kinney - ckinney@reedexpo.com

El PRESIDENTE

* Lance Fensterman - lfensterman@reedexpo.com

104C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:46 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Jeph Loeb: The PoP! Interview, Part 1

105C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:16 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Have you considered that maybe they don't like that the coverage is called "PoP! Takes Over C2E2"?

106C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:26 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Lee wrote:Bah! You were there. You know it's true.

Truth has little to do with decision that get made involving PR and advertising.

Do I think the PoP group had the most fun at the con? For sure. I figure you guys got more hours of video than most of the press there. You ran two solid panels.

What I am suggesting is that the level of pomp and seeming arrogance (which is part of what I love about the videos, don't get me wrong) could be turning off people who would normally love to link to video of the con.

I think it is an issue of marketing vs content.

107C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:44 am

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

Mayhap, but I'd say that tongue is visibly planted in cheek here. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I would hate to think thats the problem. It'd be a damn shame.

http://www.leerodriguez.net

108C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:04 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

It's something I've considered...but besides the seemingly arrogant tagline to our coverage, we've been nothing of supportive of C2E2, and it'll be even more prevalent with our PoP! Quiz video.

109C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:52 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

"Takes Over" has been scrubbed from all the mainsite images and YouTube titles. The videos remain as is. We'll see if it makes any difference, I doubt it.

Still, PoP!ulation, do you want to see more of PoP! at C2E2 and subsequent Reed Conventions? Let your voices be heard!

110C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:59 am

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't know if that was the right move. Maybe the brashness should be completely amped up.

"PoP! takes over C2E2 and blows a huge load all over its face and chest" would get a ton of hits, I'd bet.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

111C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:00 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

krpykrwly wrote:I don't know if that was the right move. Maybe the brashness should be completely amped up.

"PoP! takes over C2E2 and blows a huge load all over its face and chest" would get a ton of hits, I'd bet.

^This.

How about "PoP! Takes Over C2E2: Link to our Videos, or we'll send Denim after you, and you'll never run a Con in this town again."

112C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:12 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

"pop! takes over c2e2...fort awesome takes over pop!" <---i approve

113C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:20 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

114C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:26 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

115C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

knize - more like this:

big sexy - eli
razor - josh
sting - greg
konnan - ariel

116C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:50 am

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

You're more like Konnan, Ariel.

117C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:52 am

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

I thought we were the X-Force of PoP? We do the jobs the main site can't be officially connected to.

118C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:55 am

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

lol - yeah i changed it

yeah - well knize put up nwo - i just followed through - lol but regardless - C2E2 x POP! x - FORT AWESOME = WIN

119C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:50 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Airwolf wrote:"pop! takes over c2e2...fort awesome takes over pop!" <---i approve
I'm a member of Fort Awesome and I approve of this message.

120C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:29 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Silent K wrote:
krpykrwly wrote:I don't know if that was the right move. Maybe the brashness should be completely amped up.

^This.

How about "PoP! Takes Over C2E2: Link to our Videos, or we'll send Denim after you, and you'll never run a Con in this town again."

C2E2 - Page 5 430171

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

121C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:40 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Airwolf wrote:lol - yeah i changed it

yeah - well knize put up nwo - i just followed through - lol but regardless - C2E2 x POP! x - FORT AWESOME = WIN

"x -"??? I don't think I learned this one in Pre-Calc...

122C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:35 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Jeph Loeb: The PoP! Interview, Part 2 is LIVE!

123C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:54 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Since pop took over c2e2, shouldn't it look more like:

PoP! - Fort Awesome = WIN
C2E2

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

124C2E2 - Page 5 Empty Re: C2E2 Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:39 pm

Silent K

Silent K