Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

C2E2

+33
kerryart
dylanlukebillijo
jaydee74
Hannibal king
TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Spazzy
Foxy
rwe1138
Chi-Town Spidey
TheUncannyJim
Demonweasel
Matt
krpykrwly
Astro13Zombie
aequitus
Lee
Gojiratoho
Mnemosis
potatojoe
Debaser77
SexyToaster
Ska
Denim
goatt
Airwolf
BlueMaxx
Joshua
MillionDollarGeek
Silent K
Rath99
elijahdprophet
TENIME_art
WonderWoman2.0
37 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

151C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Fri May 07, 2010 1:07 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

There are times when I wonder if it's worth it to dress up as Spidey....YEP!!!

An Email I got today that I wanted to share that totally made my day!

Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 11:50 AM
To: Norbot, Peter
Subject: FW: Thank You

Hi Peter,

This email will really make your day…

Thank you so much for doing whatever it is you did to help out this little boy.

Kim Mueller
Programming Coordinator

Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 11:44 AM
To: Mueller, Kimberly (RX); Tatara, Peter (RX)
Cc: Kinney, Christopher (RX)
Subject: Thank You

I hope I got the right person(s)...if not please disregard.

Dear C2E2,
I wanted to send you an email on what your convention has done to my 7 year old boy. My husband and I went to your convention in Chicago, to cheer him up since he’s been having a bad year. My son, Scott is not the most popular kid in his class and has been getting picked on by some other kids in his school. Both my husband and I have gone to the school to discuss this matter with the principle and the other kid’s parents. It has worked a few times, but generates back again. It appears that no one can stop “Bullies” or change the way the parents raise them. Scott doesn’t cause any trouble, does his homework on time, is a good kid at and out of home, it just pains me to see him go to school afraid to be picked on. It’s just been a troubled time for him so my husband and I decided to take him downtown on Friday to see C2E2 since Scott loves comic books.
His favorite is Spider-Man and when we arrived we saw that Spider-Man wouldn’t be appearing until Sunday. We were a little upset since Scott looks up to Spider-Man a lot. You should see his room. Anyways as we walked the convention floor, we were buying him some toys and asked the vender if Spider-Man would be coming any earlier, the vender didn’t know, but there was a man there that over heard us and told us that he would appear on Saturday as well. We explained to him that we only had a Friday ticket and our son really wanted to meet Spider-Man. I don’t know if this man worked for you, he had on a white t-shirt that said POP! on it and black baseball cap, but he looked down at Scott, smiled and said to him “I actually know Spidey, if you wait right here I can guarantee you that he’ll be here. I’ll go fetch him for you if you like?” We were shocked and agreed to remain right where we were. After five minutes I hear my son shout out “SPIDER-MAN!!!” There he was a personal appearance with his favorite hero!! Scott talked to Spider-Man for a while and after that…he became a changed boy. I don’t know what Spider-Man said, but Scott is more social, happier, and doesn’t let any bully pick on him. His grades have actually improved as well! His teacher called us to let us know that he has been helping his classmates with his homework if they have any trouble! He even gain so much confindence to join the baseball team! We are so very proud of him!
I don’t know if you know who the person in the Spider-Man costume was, but if you see him, please tell him Thank You and Thank You as well!! The show was fun and fantastic after Spider-Man met up with Scott.

Sincerely,
Rose

https://www.facebook.com/people/Chi-Town-Spidey/1331652244

152C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Fri May 07, 2010 1:10 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Pete, you're kind of my hero.

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

153C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Fri May 07, 2010 1:21 pm

Foxy

Foxy
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

Aw, what a great story! Amazing work as always Pete. happy

http://www.foxyart.net

154C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Fri May 07, 2010 1:37 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's the best thing I've ever read.

http://www.demonweasel.com

155C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Fri May 07, 2010 1:44 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Holy shit!
Good job,Pete!

156C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Fri May 07, 2010 1:44 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That's really great, Pete! happy Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

157C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Fri May 07, 2010 1:59 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

awww

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

158C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Fri May 07, 2010 2:03 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

I'm tearing up.

You are a real life hero, Pete.

159C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Fri May 07, 2010 2:13 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thanks guys, but seriously right time right place.

Plus he was a good kid! Smile Oh and score one for POP! being referenced on the email!

160C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Fri May 07, 2010 2:16 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Everything about that email just made my day.

161C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Fri May 07, 2010 2:28 pm

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Wow! Great job Pete! That story is so cool.

So is Spidey coming back next year?

162C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Fri May 07, 2010 2:32 pm

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?

TheeDoctorWhoHasDreads?
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

That is awesome. Keep up the good work.

http://www.twitter.com/theekenye

163C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Fri May 07, 2010 2:45 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Pete, after reading that.......I think you should hold off on the retiring of the suit.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

164C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Fri May 07, 2010 2:53 pm

Silent K

Silent K
Administrator
Administrator

Chi-Town Spidey wrote:Oh and score one for POP! being referenced on the email!

Yeah...maybe we can get some link love, now! Jesus....

165C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Fri May 07, 2010 2:59 pm

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

potatojoe wrote:Wow! Great job Pete! That story is so cool.

Denim wrote:Pete, after reading that.......I think you should hold off on the retiring of the suit.

Sorry Guys, I will retire the suit after SDCC. It's not because I'm tired of it, I love dressing around as Spidey and have awesome memories because of it, especially situations like the one I showed you. But I have done it for 5 years now, it was great doing it! I loved every part of it, it's just I'm at a point in my life now where I find things more of an important matter for me. My wife being number one on that list, my friends, my job, my family. I've done the Spider-Man thing. I think that's what differs from me and my comic book counterpart.

I will help anyone to the ends of the earth, even without costume. Ask some of the guys and gals on this thread, they’ll tell ya. I know the responsibilities that come with that costume, you can't just walk around and say "I'm spidey." You put on that mask and you act, jump, crouch, talk, and do whatever a spider can, but I also have a responsibility to my wife, my friends, my job, my family, hell...my dog! Laughing That comes first. After SDCC I can look back on my life and say "Yeah...I did that." with a smile because it sent a positive good message. This is why I made that costume in the first place.

I'll still be the Chi-Town Spidey and if a situation comes up where I think I should dawn the mask again, I will. Smile After SDCC (Knize let me know about that, FB message ya), I'm just gonna be me and hopefully I'll send positive messages without the mask. Wink

166C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Fri May 07, 2010 3:26 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

Awesome job Pete, a little hope goes a long way. Dude we have to hook up once at SDCC so I can get my pic with the webhead before he hangs it up.

167C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Fri May 07, 2010 3:58 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Chi-Town Spidey wrote:There are times when I wonder if it's worth it to dress up as Spidey....YEP!!!

An Email I got today that I wanted to share that totally made my day!

Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 11:50 AM
To: Norbot, Peter
Subject: FW: Thank You

Hi Peter,

This email will really make your day…

Thank you so much for doing whatever it is you did to help out this little boy.

Kim Mueller
Programming Coordinator

Sent: Friday, May 07, 2010 11:44 AM
To: Mueller, Kimberly (RX); Tatara, Peter (RX)
Cc: Kinney, Christopher (RX)
Subject: Thank You

I hope I got the right person(s)...if not please disregard.

Dear C2E2,
I wanted to send you an email on what your convention has done to my 7 year old boy. My husband and I went to your convention in Chicago, to cheer him up since he’s been having a bad year. My son, Scott is not the most popular kid in his class and has been getting picked on by some other kids in his school. Both my husband and I have gone to the school to discuss this matter with the principle and the other kid’s parents. It has worked a few times, but generates back again. It appears that no one can stop “Bullies” or change the way the parents raise them. Scott doesn’t cause any trouble, does his homework on time, is a good kid at and out of home, it just pains me to see him go to school afraid to be picked on. It’s just been a troubled time for him so my husband and I decided to take him downtown on Friday to see C2E2 since Scott loves comic books.
His favorite is Spider-Man and when we arrived we saw that Spider-Man wouldn’t be appearing until Sunday. We were a little upset since Scott looks up to Spider-Man a lot. You should see his room. Anyways as we walked the convention floor, we were buying him some toys and asked the vender if Spider-Man would be coming any earlier, the vender didn’t know, but there was a man there that over heard us and told us that he would appear on Saturday as well. We explained to him that we only had a Friday ticket and our son really wanted to meet Spider-Man. I don’t know if this man worked for you, he had on a white t-shirt that said POP! on it and black baseball cap, but he looked down at Scott, smiled and said to him “I actually know Spidey, if you wait right here I can guarantee you that he’ll be here. I’ll go fetch him for you if you like?” We were shocked and agreed to remain right where we were. After five minutes I hear my son shout out “SPIDER-MAN!!!” There he was a personal appearance with his favorite hero!! Scott talked to Spider-Man for a while and after that…he became a changed boy. I don’t know what Spider-Man said, but Scott is more social, happier, and doesn’t let any bully pick on him. His grades have actually improved as well! His teacher called us to let us know that he has been helping his classmates with his homework if they have any trouble! He even gain so much confindence to join the baseball team! We are so very proud of him!
I don’t know if you know who the person in the Spider-Man costume was, but if you see him, please tell him Thank You and Thank You as well!! The show was fun and fantastic after Spider-Man met up with Scott.

Sincerely,
Rose

That was without a doubt the most awesome thing I've ever heard. Peter, you have all the qualities that make an awesome hero. Well done sir.

168C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Fri May 07, 2010 3:59 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Chi-Town Spidey wrote:
potatojoe wrote:Wow! Great job Pete! That story is so cool.

Denim wrote:Pete, after reading that.......I think you should hold off on the retiring of the suit.

Sorry Guys, I will retire the suit after SDCC. It's not because I'm tired of it, I love dressing around as Spidey and have awesome memories because of it, especially situations like the one I showed you. But I have done it for 5 years now, it was great doing it! I loved every part of it, it's just I'm at a point in my life now where I find things more of an important matter for me. My wife being number one on that list, my friends, my job, my family. I've done the Spider-Man thing. I think that's what differs from me and my comic book counterpart.

I will help anyone to the ends of the earth, even without costume. Ask some of the guys and gals on this thread, they’ll tell ya. I know the responsibilities that come with that costume, you can't just walk around and say "I'm spidey." You put on that mask and you act, jump, crouch, talk, and do whatever a spider can, but I also have a responsibility to my wife, my friends, my job, my family, hell...my dog! Laughing That comes first. After SDCC I can look back on my life and say "Yeah...I did that." with a smile because it sent a positive good message. This is why I made that costume in the first place.

I'll still be the Chi-Town Spidey and if a situation comes up where I think I should dawn the mask again, I will. Smile After SDCC (Knize let me know about that, FB message ya), I'm just gonna be me and hopefully I'll send positive messages without the mask. Wink
Dude, you just rock on every level.

169C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Fri May 07, 2010 4:35 pm

dylanlukebillijo

dylanlukebillijo
Cadet
Cadet

yes Great read, my hats off to you spidey the memories you gave this little boy and his parents is priceless. I tear up a little every time I read that letter, having kids of my own that age I understand how positive what you did for them is yes yes yes

Last edited by dylanlukebillijo on Fri May 07, 2010 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

170C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Fri May 07, 2010 4:49 pm

elijahdprophet

elijahdprophet
PoP! Brewmaster
PoP! Brewmaster

Pete, that owns.

171C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Fri May 07, 2010 8:31 pm

kerryart

kerryart
Pirate
Pirate

Pete, I've never met you, and I wasn't at C2E2, but you're my hero, for serious.

http://www.king-of-the-damned.deviantart.com

172C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Sat May 08, 2010 1:58 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That email had me smiling throughout. Fuck Santa, you're magic!

173C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Sat May 08, 2010 12:40 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Pete another example of why you rock and why people love you, Now if I can only get Spidey to come out of retirement one year for NYCC

174C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Sun May 09, 2010 12:41 pm

MillionDollarGeek

MillionDollarGeek
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

All I know is that I was at work and this message was posted and Foxy linked me to it and I kid you not, it had me a bit teary eyed. I tweeted Pete back, I retweeted this message, I even asked others to RT it and take the time to read it.

What he did right there is something that you cant describe but you know it gives you a good feeling in the heart.

Pete, you are retiring the costume and there will be others dressed as Spidey. But there will never be another Chi Town Spidey. I am honored to say that I met you and that I hung out with you.

I cant wait to see the pictures from SDCC and your final Spidey adventure.

175C2E2 - Page 7 Empty Re: C2E2 Mon May 10, 2010 9:11 am

Chi-Town Spidey

Chi-Town Spidey
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thanks everyone. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum