Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Batman: Year One Getting Animated Film Adaptation?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/06/08/batman-year-one-getting-animated-film-adaptation/
ComicsContinuum is reporting that Warner Home Video has greenlit a DC Universe animated adaptation of Frank Miller and David Mazzucchilli’s Batman: Year One. According to the report, the film will be directed by Sam Liu, who co-directed Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths, Planet Hulk, and Superman/Batman: Public Enemies. No confirmation from WHV at this time. Batman: Year One was partly used for inspiration for Christopher Nolan’s Batman reboot Batman Begins. The comic turned graphic novel is considered one of the best Batman stories ever printed. Here is the official description from DC Comics: A young Bruce Wayne has spent his adolescence and early adulthood, traveling the world so he could hone his body and mind into the perfect fighting and investigative machine. But now as he returns to Gotham City, he must find a way to focus his passion and bring justice to his city. Retracing Batman’s first attempts to fight injustice as a costumed vigilante, we watch as he chooses a guise of a giant bat, creates an early bond with a young Lieutenant James Gordon, inadvertently plays a role in the birth of Catwoman, and helps to bring down a corrupt political system that infests Gotham.

Sounds awesome. I hope the animation is good.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

I'd love to see an animated 'Year One.' However, they're making too many animated Batman movies..why not use these movies to promote other DC characters (preferably the lesser-known)?

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sounds interesting but I would love for DC Animation to focus on other characters than just Batman. I mean, "Under the Red Hood" is coming out in June. Why not focus on someone else?

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This excites me, but like the others I kinda want them to focus on other characters. I want a Green Arrow animated movie so badly it's ridiculous. They also need to do a Teen Titans movie.

If they want to stay in the Bat-family, but not focus on Batman that'd be cool IMO. I want a solo Tim Drake movie more than anything. I don't care if they go with him as Robin or Red Robin. I want it. A solo Nightwing movie would be great too. And a Birds of Prey movie would be fantastic.

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I love it, the more Batman cartoons the better but I agree that they should use more DC characters.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum