Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

any characters, titles, stories, or creators u wanna check out

+4
The Ignored One
jaydee74
Rath99
THALASTDRAGON
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

last wednesday, i hit up two shops and was goin thru all their dollar boxes and got to thinkin about all tha stuff u might find. so i figured i'd make a thread asking about characters, titles, stories, or stuff by specific creators that u may not have been interested in before or just never happened to read anything about them, but u would like to. they dont have to be cheaper books, i just used that cuz that'll be tha basis of most of mine.

a couple months ago, i hit a small show that comes practically next door to my town every few months. i was goin thru $0.50 boxes and found action comics 844 among other things, part 1 of last son, by geoff johns, richard donner and adam kubert. i figured why not, and i liked it. and that previously mentioned comic shop runs i made wednesday, i found tha other issues. they werent a buck or cheaper tho lol.

one other one i kinda wanna check out is stuff by gail simone. for some reason, i still dont know why, i wanna read some stuff by her. i heard her run on wonder woman was great, although im not really a fan of ww, if i find some cheaper issues, i may check it out or perhaps a trade. and she is working on birds of prey wit one of my fav artists ed benes which just started. although im curious as to how long benes will stay on.

also, i wanna check out some grant morrison batman. i loved his run on new x-men, but tha last arc was horrible. and unfairly i jumped on tha morrison hatewagon. and i hear all kinds of stuff about his batman work, so i wanna check it out myself. i was going to buy tha batman and son trade from borders tha other day, but i didnt have a borders reward coupon. so ima try and grab it next week.

thats just a couple for me. what about u?

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I have to to get more Goon stuff. That and Y the last man. I've been slacking on that.

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

i've been tempted to pick up y the last man tpb's at borders, but i havnt yet

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I really want to try and get Rom: Space Knight. There are also a bunch of comics that I no longer have that I would like to reacquire like this book:

any characters, titles, stories, or creators u wanna check out 300px-Detective_Comics_600

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

I wanna get Zenith.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Y:The Last Man is awesome. It is one of my favorite series.

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

jaydee74 wrote:I really want to try and get Rom: Space Knight.

I wish I would have known about this a while back.... I sold a complete run of ROM for 10 bucks.....

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^ Dude.... You could have gotten so much more for that.

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

i know absolutely nothing about rom, but i've read it mentioned on here and on tha wumb

THALASTDRAGON

THALASTDRAGON
Zombie
Zombie

at tha previously mentioned small show near me, i picked up a bunch of issues for $0.50 just for tha cover. i had thought of an idea of showcasing cool covers, but i hadnt decided on how, at first since they were so cheap i was just gonna pull tha covers off and put them in a binder, but then im like no way lol im not tearin these up. so then i thought maybe i could just keep em intact and still put them in a binder, but decided against that idea too. so i figured i would just do em like any other comic and bag & board em and file em in wit tha rest.

also, some of tha issues i picked up last week were black lightning: year one 1,2,3,6. i like him cuz he looks cool, but i never read anything wit him except tha first trade of tha current justice league book. now i gotta get tha other two issues, which mycomicshop.com has them both in stock for $1.10 or somethin. so i'll be gettin those whenever i decided to do my next order

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I remember liking Rom (never read the full run, but had a handfull of the issues) I would love to see if they ever do an Essantial Rom. Anyone know if they can? I remember when they did the Spacenights mini in the 90's, they could not use Rom in it because of the license still belonging to Parker Brothers. (if not Parker Brothers, it was some other toy company, I am about 90% sure it was them)

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm hoping to find some issues of Rom at the New York Comic Con this year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum