Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flagship Titles

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Flagship Titles Empty Flagship Titles Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:12 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'd be interested to know what people think are Marvel and DC's flagship titles. Not just now but over the years.

For example there have been times over the years where the JLA would probably have been considered DC's flagship title but I'm not sure you could say that now. Is there 1 title that be considered such or is it now a suite of titles? Perhaps Marvel's flagship title isn't in fact one book but all the Avengers books?

What's your view on this?

2Flagship Titles Empty Re: Flagship Titles Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:35 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Interesting. Many will say Avengers and JLA with the possible addition of specific incarnations titling. But nowadays, that doesn't seem like the case. So you have a point.

I can throw out some current stuff.
DC: Green Lantern, JSA (I still think is ahead of most titles across the boards), and Secret Six has just recently exploded and the mushroom cloud is still going up. I also wanna say Detective Comics has remained in the spotlight, but that one some may disagree on, only because they haven't been reading, which, to me, plays into the term "flagship."

Vertigo: Fables and Unwritten.

Marvel: ...? Haven't been reading.

Image: Invincible, Walking Dead and, it seems, Chew.

Dark Horse: Hellboy and BPRD, of course. Star Wars: Legacy & "": NotOR right now, and Usaji Yojimbo has always seemed to be strong with the fans. Haven't heard too much on Conan stuff in a while. Not saying it is bad, just isn't being recognized as much as it has in the past.

I kind of just did a modest sweep. I mean, for some people, even the ones that aren't doing well with stories are still being recognized as a prominent player. Like Superman/Batman. So, it is pretty subjective.

3Flagship Titles Empty Re: Flagship Titles Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:54 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think for DC it's certainly been the JLA in the past but I think currently it would normally be Superman and Batman as the flagship titles/series of titles. However, those 2 are certainly being overshadowed a bit by Green Lantern as far as sales go but I still think they are DC's flagships.

For Marvel it's got to be Avengers and I suspect the new (plain old) Avengers book will be considered by them to be their flagship title.

Maybe it's something that constantly changes depending on what particular book/s are getting a major push at a given point in time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum