Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Work of Art

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Work of Art Empty Work of Art Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:27 pm

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

I could be the only one watching this show, but I think it's pretty great. It's another of the Bravo reality shows where the producers have as much say as the judges about who stays and who goes, but I don't really mind.

Basically, instead of walking down a catwalk, baking a cake, or losing weight, the competitors are tasked each week to create a work of art.

Last week they did covers for classic literature. The week before they had to create a 3D work of art using discarded appliances.

I'm really liking the show so far. Tonight might be a let down. They're doing "shock" art. Basically, they're bringing in a guest judge who is famous for doing offensive pieces and they are supposed to do something like-minded.

Nevertheless, a lot of great art is being made on the show. I'm particularly a fan of Abdi so far.

Anywho... check it out if you haven't:

http://www.bravotv.com/work-of-art

2Work of Art Empty Re: Work of Art Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:41 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That actually seems interesting. I saw the book covers before but didn't know they were in relation to a show. That Mary Shelley's Frankestein cover is great.

I might check this out, despite my dislike for reality tv.

3Work of Art Empty Re: Work of Art Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:54 pm

ScarletW

ScarletW
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Someone at work was telling me about this yesterday. I've set my DVR to record it tonight!

4Work of Art Empty Re: Work of Art Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:00 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Same. Probably won't see it tonight, but I'll see it eventually.

5Work of Art Empty Re: Work of Art Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:31 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am totally hooked on Work of Art. I really like Erik and Miles, although Abdi is consistently brilliant. If only he didn't try to do such big projects and have to scale them down. I'd love to see what he would do on a smaller scale. I'm also a fan of Ryan.

There aren't any of the girls I think are particularly fascinating. Nicole(?) has some serious talent tucked away, but she hasn't done anything that really stands out to me.

I think that Miles is the one that could win it all, though.

6Work of Art Empty Re: Work of Art Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:16 am

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

I like Miles a lot initially. However, I'm tired of him playing the "I'm-so-quirky-and-OCD" card.

While last night was not my favorite episode (actually, it was probably my least favorite so far), I am glad that my two least favorite artists went home.

Is Nicole the one that did the TV on its side with old tech stuff "buried" inside it? I think that girl could be great.

Definitely agree about Abdi trying too hard sometimes. Maybe they'll get a special project with 3 days to work on it soon. He'd probably kill that one.

7Work of Art Empty Re: Work of Art Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:37 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

vikoros wrote:I like Miles a lot initially. However, I'm tired of him playing the "I'm-so-quirky-and-OCD" card.

I don't know. Jerking off on that picture was both brilliant and off-putting. I liked Abdi's response to that. "Oh, man. F'aux pas."

vikoros wrote:While last night was not my favorite episode (actually, it was probably my least favorite so far), I am glad that my two least favorite artists went home.

I hated Nao, especially after the first episode when she told the JUDGES 'I'm not responsible for your experience with my art.' Hello? That Warhol shit only floats when you're as big as Warhol.

vikoros wrote:Is Nicole the one that did the TV on its side with old tech stuff "buried" inside it? I think that girl could be great.

Yeah, that's Nicole. I like her a lot, but I really wish I'd see something fantastic out of her. That 'tomb' was pretty fricken' sweet, however.

vikoros wrote:Definitely agree about Abdi trying too hard sometimes. Maybe they'll get a special project with 3 days to work on it soon. He'd probably kill that one.

I imagine that it'll be a couple more rounds before they get a lengthy challenge, but I would be interested to see what some of those folk would come up with given enough time.

And, on the positive side, watching artists work has started breathing on my own creative fires. Suddenly, I'm wanting to get a ton of art supplies and lock myself away for a couple of days and create. Laughing

8Work of Art Empty Re: Work of Art Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:40 pm

ScarletW

ScarletW
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I finally got a chance to see this, and I'm really liking it. It makes me want to pull out my own stashed away painting supplies and make something. I agree that non of the women really have much wow factor. I really like Miles, and I am SO glad that Nao is gone. The guy who did the photographic Dracula cover, I forget his name, seems like a strong contender as well if they are looking at someone who can be commercially apealing.

9Work of Art Empty Re: Work of Art Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:09 am

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

Last night's episode was interesting. My hatred for Miles continues to grow with each episode. The dude's a complete douche. I'll admit, Eric was being a bit whiny, but man... the Jacky/Miles team-up would have had me throwing punches.

It was kind of amazing to see how well the winning team worked, you know, as a TEAM.

Right now I'm just afraid that Miles is going to win the whole thing... the judges seem to love every breath he breathes and every dump he takes. I'd be happy with the winning team from last night being the final four contestants on the show.

10Work of Art Empty Re: Work of Art Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:53 am

vikoros

vikoros
Ninja
Ninja

A very apt preview of next week:

http://www.bravotv.com/work-of-art/videos/miles-the-douchebag

And an extra scene from last night. Can I slap Jackie?

http://www.bravotv.com/work-of-art/videos/ryan-in-the-middle

11Work of Art Empty Re: Work of Art Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:37 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I thought Erik was robbed and completely understood his mentality. But I think he partly fell into Miles' and the girl who can't think of her own ideas...forget--she was on his team. Anyways, Erik fell into their drama trap of getting eliminated (God I hate reality tv. Heh.). Guy had some good ideas. I still think he should've pushed through and not let that consensus of choices by the others make him detach himself from the group. It was a group project. You make due with tasks and conception.

Hope Miles dies by floating into the atmosphere due to the air in his head and eventually pops and disintegrates during reentry. That girl-with-no-ideas will fail eventually. Wouldn't be surprised if she's next. Despite earlier judgings, I've honestly still yet to see what her artistic style, persona, or skills are.

12Work of Art Empty Re: Work of Art Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:58 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Miles and Jacyln fucking suck. Miles is the lame, cliche, arthouse loser and Jaclyn is this narcissistic, hypocritical, can't-think-for-herself hack of an artist.

And these judges are pompous assholes who apparently don't get art.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum