Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you think it's OK to curse at work?

+14
Sapphire Gypsy
Denim
Aussiemandias
BlueMaxx
Joshua
Janson
Tomer Soiker
potatojoe
azrael07
FroZen
Heytherejeffro
Spaced4SimonPegg
Airwolf
riv1
18 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Empty Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:31 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Not sure how it is in the civilian world but, in the Army everyone (male, female, high/low ranking) curses a LOT. Do you think it's appropriate for the work place? Do you do it?

Airwolf

Airwolf
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i wouldn't say appropirate but man over the fone me and a design manager at sbux swear a lot

at work - even my boss once and a while swears

but during meetings - especially with clients - thats a big NO NO for us. but my office is male dominant too soo its not that bad to swear here and there

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think it depends on the situation and who is around at the time.

Heytherejeffro

Heytherejeffro
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I find it spices up my lessons.

https://www.facebook.com/heytherejeffro

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fuck yeah!! Well, depends on where you work i guess. Even though I work in retail my customer base is a little rough around the edges so for the most part we (my co-workers and I) swear all the time.

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thanks for the answers!

azrael07

azrael07
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

We curse quite alot at my place of employment but we try not to infront of customers.

potatojoe

potatojoe
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I curse people all the time,

Tomer Soiker

Tomer Soiker
Former Member of the Royal PoP! Order
Former Member of the Royal PoP! Order

I'll never curse in front of people I serve, but I sometimes just can't stop myself from cursing around my co-workers. It's natural because we're pretty much open with each other, but I think almost none of them can keep up a good behavior and a clean mouth around people we serve, and it pains me to watch.

Anyway, when I do let myself free at work, I curse like a motherfuckin' pirate.

http://spidey82.wordpress.com

10Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Empty Re: Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:10 pm

Janson

Janson
Zombie
Zombie

Heytherejeffro wrote:I find it spices up my lessons.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

11Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Empty Re: Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:44 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I try not to swear at work, I think it's unprofessional.

12Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Empty Re: Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:18 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Working alongside contractors of all kinds, I find carpenters/construction workers curse the most. They are the land-lubbing sailors of the work force. It's fine to not curse, but expect some looks of judgement if you use a non-cursing curse word like darn or dang or crap, stuff like that. So, with that taken in, I'm convinced Jesus cussed his ass off. Especially during you know when. I mean, why be graceful when getting nailed to a cross. I'd be cursing out everyone.

Kind of went off into a tangent there.

13Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Empty Re: Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:44 pm

Aussiemandias

Aussiemandias
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:I think it depends on the situation and who is around at the time.
Yep.

Isn't it just like any other time in life? You just need to know when it's appropriate based on the people you're with. I'm not going to swear in a meeting with clients but I definitely swear when talking with colleagues who swear also.

However, I really find swearing when giving a presentation is a great way of emphasising your points!

14Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Empty Re: Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:13 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yeah it is!

15Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Empty Re: Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:24 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I try not to swear at work. Not that I am vanilla or anything like that, I just don't see a reason to.

I work retail, and while it is graveyard and there are hardly any customers around, I just would perfer not to be called into an office and be talked to if and when a customer tells a member of management that he or she was offended by my use of whatever word.

Easier to play it safe and keep a job then play it dangerous and be out of work in this day and age.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

16Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Empty Re: Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:59 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't usually do it but when I've had a patient faint and because someone forgot to replace the smelling salts in a room and I've had to go running through the 6 other rooms to find one I've found myself saying "shitshitshit" quietly as I run the halls. Very Happy

But that's the medical field... not ok usually... of when shit hits the fan. Very Happy

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

17Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Empty Re: Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:14 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Aussiemandias wrote:
Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:I think it depends on the situation and who is around at the time.
Yep.

However, I really find swearing when giving a presentation is a great way of emphasising your points!

riv1 wrote:Fuck yeah it is!
Very Happy

18Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Empty Re: Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:06 pm

rwe1138

rwe1138

Fuck yes!

http://panelsonpages.com/?page_id=903

19Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Empty Re: Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:44 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

I typically just swear only when i'm in my office. But I think I called this guy a douchebag while talking to my boss once, he heard me but i think he just let it slide. But it was well deserved.

20Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Empty Re: Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:17 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Fuck yes I think it's okay, only old people and people who have kids with would usually complain. But other than that, I let loose.

21Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Empty Re: Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:50 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

depends on the situation.. i curse a lot in general.. haha i try not to at work.. mainly i do it joking

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

22Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Empty Re: Do you think it's OK to curse at work? Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:48 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Anyone have the boss that pulls out the curse jar?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum