Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Swine Flu

+18
superdoug
Airwolf
J Nova
Justin
Esbat
shining knight
Thundermatts
Splitty
Administrator
riv1
JRob
BlueMaxx
Astro13Zombie
Ska
Topcat
Joshua
krpykrwly
FroZen
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:00 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

100 confirmed cases spreading over 11 states...it's quickly approaching a pandemic...maybe I'm not a crazy as my doctors say I am...*throws meds in the trash*

The world moved to the brink of an global influenza pandemic Wednesday as the fast-spreading swine flu, which has gained at least a toehold in nine countries, claimed its first victim in the USA, a Mexican toddler visiting in Texas.
The World Health Organization raised its global alert level to phase 5, just one level below 6, or "global pandemic," because the virus appears to be spreading easily person-to-person and cases are appearing that have no link to Mexico. That's where the virus first began to hit broadly just a few weeks ago.

Bought a new shovel today. Going back for a chainsaw.Ain't gonna be no zombies munchin on my brains damnit!!
Wink

27Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:07 am

Splitty

Splitty
Ninja
Ninja

6 confirmed cases appeared yesterday in Washington, just one state (and not far from the border) away from me. Sad

http://www.myspace.com/splitty

28Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:25 am

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I didn't know Washington was close to dot dot dot!

29Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:50 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

A local school district here closed down for at least a week because of one case in one school. Idiots. Just keep feeding the machine, puppets.

30Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:04 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

i'm just waiting for the assholes at work to start calling in sick with "Swine Flu". I know it's gonna happen...regardless if they've got it or not. Some people are just that stupid. *cough cough* well...guess I'm headin' home. Wink

31Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:12 am

Splitty

Splitty
Ninja
Ninja

I could have sworn I heard a blippet on the news (not much time is alloted if it doesn't affect this country directly) about the Egypt government is ordering the slaughter of all the pigs in the entire country, even though not one single case has shown up there? And farmers whose livelihoods depend on them are refusing.

....OvErKiLL...... neutral

That is if this story is true. Our news orginizations aren't that concerned with other countries, unless it's something incoming.

32Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:26 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Splitty wrote:I could have sworn I heard a blippet on the news (not much time is alloted if it doesn't affect this country directly) about the Egypt government is ordering the slaughter of all the pigs in the entire country, even though not one single case has shown up there? And farmers whose livelihoods depend on them are refusing.

That is if this story is true. Our news orginizations aren't that concerned with other countries, unless it's something incoming.

Holy Shit!! If this is true, that's really fucked up.

33Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:45 am

Splitty

Splitty
Ninja
Ninja

Yup, 'til true.
http://health.yahoo.com/news/ap/ml_egypt_swine_flu.html

Sad. Sure makes our over paniking pale in comparison. shake my head

34Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:54 am

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Most in the Muslim world consider pigs unclean animals and do not eat pork because of religious restrictions. One Islamic militant Web site carried comments Wednesday saying swine flu was God's revenge against "infidels."

Been waiting for a comment like this^^

35Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:57 am

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The media sucks major ass but claiming they're just hyping this to scare us is scary in it's own right. Um, alot of people are getting this and it's spreading quickly. Nobody is saying anything more than that. I think you guys are damaged from the 8 years of Bush's Fox News. As a father of a 14 month old I appreciate news about this. Any type of Flu is dangerous for small children and old folks.

36Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:49 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Yes thank you mexico for the mutated flu as if scotland isn't fucked up enough....

37Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:23 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:The media sucks major ass but claiming they're just hyping this to scare us is scary in it's own right. Um, alot of people are getting this and it's spreading quickly. Nobody is saying anything more than that. I think you guys are damaged from the 8 years of Bush's Fox News. As a father of a 14 month old I appreciate news about this. Any type of Flu is dangerous for small children and old folks.

Yeah, no shit. That's my point.

So, what's the big deal about this strain?

That there's no vaccine for it?

It's common knowledge that the flu virus mutates season to season and any vaccine you get is based on last season's virus making the deal pretty ineffective anyway. don't know

I'm not saying there shouldn't be mild concern but calling it a "pandemic" and hyping it up like its the new Black Plague is asinine.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

38Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:25 pm

FroZen

FroZen
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thundermatts wrote:The media sucks major ass but claiming they're just hyping this to scare us is scary in it's own right. Um, alot of people are getting this and it's spreading quickly. Nobody is saying anything more than that. I think you guys are damaged from the 8 years of Bush's Fox News. As a father of a 14 month old I appreciate news about this. Any type of Flu is dangerous for small children and old folks.

Amen to that. Anyone (no offense to peps on the board) who believes that this is a scare tactic by our government and the media seem to be forgetting the big picture. When members of our government and the health community start calling for people to stop travelling by plane and to avoid crowded areas (i.e. Shopping Malls, Concerts, Amusments parks, etc.)then that is going to be a major punch in the gut to our economy. So this whole thing would boil down to the Media and Government wants us to stop spending money so that our whole way of life goes belly-up. Doesn't seem to add up to me.

Now don't get me wrong. There is probably alot of this situation being blown out of proportion like the thighs and boobs of a female in an R. Crumb comic. I would think the governments little meat puppets are the people so jaded to everything around them that they can't seperate the truth from the lies. Dunno...just what I've been thinking about during lunch. Feel free to poke as many holes as you deem necessary in this little rant of mine.

39Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:26 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

krpykrwly wrote:
Yeah, no shit. That's my point.

So, what's the big deal about this strain?

That there's no vaccine for it?

It's common knowledge that the flu virus mutates season to season and any vaccine you get is based on last season's virus making the deal pretty ineffective anyway. don't know

I'm not saying there shouldn't be mild concern but calling it a "pandemic" and hyping it up like its the new Black Plague is asinine.
If anything, it should be less of a concern because it hasn't claimed nearly as many lives as the flu normally does.

40Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:28 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

FroZen wrote:

Amen to that. Anyone (no offense to peps on the board) who believes that this is a scare tactic by our government and the media seem to be forgetting the big picture. When members of our government and the health community start calling for people to stop travelling by plane and to avoid crowded areas (i.e. Shopping Malls, Concerts, Amusments parks, etc.)then that is going to be a major punch in the gut to our economy. So this whole thing would boil down to the Media and Government wants us to stop spending money so that our whole way of life goes belly-up. Doesn't seem to add up to me.

Now don't get me wrong. There is probably alot of this situation being blown out of proportion like the thighs and boobs of a female in an R. Crumb comic. I would think the governments little meat puppets are the people so jaded to everything around them that they can't seperate the truth from the lies. Dunno...just what I've been thinking about during lunch. Feel free to poke as many holes as you deem necessary in this little rant of mine.

<waves Confederate flag>

"Its them Gawd damnt A-Rabs!!" Swine Flu - Page 2 Redneck

41Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:29 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

If anything, it should be less of a concern because it hasn't claimed nearly as many lives as the flu normally does.

yet anyway

42Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:57 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Splitty wrote:I could have sworn I heard a blippet on the news (not much time is alloted if it doesn't affect this country directly) about the Egypt government is ordering the slaughter of all the pigs in the entire country, even though not one single case has shown up there? And farmers whose livelihoods depend on them are refusing.

Jordan too. Altogether, they're about to slaughter over 350 thousand pigs.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

43Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:59 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spidey_82 wrote:
Jordan too. Altogether, they're about to slaughter over 350 thousand pigs.
That sounds like a bitchin' barbecue.

44Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:16 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

They're not eating them, ironically.

---

Other things that needed fast and irrational reaction:

- Execute people over 65 of age (the Madoff case).

- Burn cocaine, destroy flour and ban chalks; New rule: All male will be sent as it is, without envelopes or boxes (Anthrax envelopes).

- Take a lesson from Iran and force women to cover everything but eyes (Janet Jackson's nipple jewel thing on live TV).

- Cancel the American educational system and move all kids to home-schooling (the Columbine massacre).

- Send the Bush family to exile (two Bushes fucking the US and the world, especially the last one).

Brought to you by the Non-American Sarcasm Association.

45Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:27 pm

shining knight

shining knight
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

*claps*

46Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:35 pm

Thundermatts

Thundermatts
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The only people I've seen use the word pandemic are the people saying not to call it one. The fact of the matter is alot of people worldwide are getting sick in a short amount of time. That means it's newsworty. It's nice to see something on the news besides what dog the president got or who left American Idol. A sickness with no vaccine that is killing people should be on the news. You shouldn't be afraid to leave your house, but it's good to keep informed. You've got to go out of your way to really think this is designed to keep you scared. What would be the point? Bush kept you scared to keep people backing an un warranted war. This is because Dan Rather got bored? Puhleeze. There are important stories in the world and some should provoke caution.

47Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:47 pm

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

Now WHO (World Health Organization) decided to stop using the term "Swine Flu" because of what happened in Egypt. Instead they'll use l33t talk and call it H1N1.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hG6zmXnY6v5La-llZ8qbQIrdE-WAD97SV03G0

48Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Bird flu is so much cooler than swine flu, but nothing beats the almighty SARs.

49Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:15 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spidey_82 wrote:call it H1N1.

Hiney Flu. Very Happy

50Swine Flu - Page 2 Empty Re: Swine Flu Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:16 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

krpykrwly wrote:
Hiney Flu. Very Happy
Is that passed on by hiney trolls? Beware the cousin of Pillow Pants.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum