Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

PCN Pop Princess Popcast!

+44
imacop
Dr Awkward
elijahdprophet
jestghost
ScarletW
shawnp
Jamesabels
Hannibal king
Steel Rose
AKA Brandon
Chi-Town Spidey
Big Poppa Nick
THALASTDRAGON
Juggalojohn
rwe1138
Denim
GigaToast
TENIME_art
shining knight
kidspider2099
Debaser77
MillionDollarGeek
G_Zatara
UltimateUltimacy
jfx316
BlueMaxx
C's Lady
MikeSabian
Rath99
Spazzy
Mnemosis
dmahoney
Ska
jaydee74
Spaced4SimonPegg
Joshua
Sapphire Gypsy
Silent K
Demonweasel
comicgeekelly
Captain Painway
krpykrwly
Lee
WonderWoman2.0
48 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 40]

726PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:05 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DragonCon > San Diego

If you go into D*C thinking it's just a comic convention with panels...you are mistaken. It's a fucking party that just happens to have a lot of costumes and celebrities.

I suggest this again (http://blog.newsarama.com/2010/09/10/oped-dragoncon-attendees-not-cool-enough-for-comic-con/) to really get an idea of what D*C is and what you should expect.

727PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:18 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I guess it's the age difference, but to not GET Gargoyles is just silly. I guess it's also because I was an 11 year old male with sword and sorcery being my bread and butter. The main reason I avoided Avatar: The Last Airbender was because it looked kiddie. UNTIL I had a friend in animation told me it was the Chinese mythology equivalent to Gargoyles. Lo and behold, it rocks, but had they not mentioned the Gargoyles reference, I probably would not have given it a chance.

I really wanted to go that Gargoyles panel, but working in artist alley has it's cons too.

That being said, I also enjoyed Sailor Moon when it was the USA network in the morning as well.

And score on the Astin autograph.

728PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:20 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Gargoyles. Rocks. (...get it? tee-hee.)

I remember finding out about John Dimaggio doing so much cool stuff. Scotsman in Samurai Jack and DCAU stuff. Vampire Hunter D and a bunch voices for games.

Steampunk is gaining more and more fandom. I think it's kind of cool. Depending.

Become a world renowned spinal surgeon. Then you can put whatever you want on your arm. Smile

Here's the thing about steampunk. It was underground until like 2008. And when you do a CSI episode about it, it's officially over the top. But the shit these people make for their costumes are just insanely awesome.

729PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:52 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Really cool ideas for tattoos, ladies.

730PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:42 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I want my new tattoo so bad

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

731PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:06 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Gargoyles is an incredible program, with few peers. It's a lot of fun when you watch it as a kid, but it gets even better when you watch it as you get older because there is so many nuances you only catch with age.

Also, Gargoyles is partially responsible, along with The Lord of the Rings, for my love of Norse mythology. Odin was a frigging beast in Gargoyles.

732PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:07 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

yes

733PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:11 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:Gargoyles is an incredible program, with few peers. It's a lot of fun when you watch it as a kid, but it gets even better when you watch it as you get older because there is so many nuances you only catch with age.

Also, Gargoyles is partially responsible, along with The Lord of the Rings, for my love of Norse mythology. Odin was a frigging beast in Gargoyles.

You gotta love The Gathering.

734PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:34 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I want to see the Odin polar bear maul one of those Coca-cola polar bears.

735PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:31 pm

Mnemosis

Mnemosis
The Robert Frost of Poop

Re: Gargoyles

1 - Lee and I will both back you up on your Gargoyle love Spazzy, and in fact I was texting Kristin and Mary nonstop as I was listening to you talk about it.

2 - When "doesn't feature minorities enough" Disney makes a show about a Native American female cop going toe-to-toe with the evil white billionaire, equality groups have to shut up a little.

3 - Blending Shakespeare, every mythology you can imagine (just about), and Arthurian lore into one big smoothie of awesome is a recipe for success like none other

4 - Just like X-Men, one of the central themes of Gargoyles was always acceptance. I was a white kid growing up in one of the whitest towns in one of the whitest states in the union, so it's not like the broader application of these themes had any real meaning to me, but I was a socially awkward kid. I glommed on to any characters being persecuted for their differences, and then GOT the broader message as a result.

5 - Gargoyles also dealt deftly with issues of gun safety, literacy, family, honor, duty, abandonment, euthenasia, etc. etc. etc. It never felt as hamfisted as on other shows. This was likely due in part to the Gargoyles being so out of touch/old fashioned. They came from a time and place when reading WASN'T commonplace and guns DIDN'T exist. So to have them scoff at the necessity of literacy or be completely ignorant to the dangers of guns didn't seem even remotely ridiculous. It wasn't like the child actor saying "books are for sissies!" or "I didn't think it was loaded!"

6 - This show had some of the most badass character designs ever, not the least of which was the disembodied, half-torn apart Coyote head

7 - Kristin, you make me sad, dismissing them as "talking Gargoyles" specifically because, if this had been an anime, you would have a Gargoyles hoodie and cosplay as Elisa Maza every year. Instead, you won't even give the show a fair chance. Boo-urns!

BlueMaxx wrote:
Steampunk is gaining more and more fandom. I think it's kind of cool. Depending.

Way to take a stance.

736PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:35 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thank you
I love you

737PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:45 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Can I also say I love the fact you said Boo-urns?

Also, I copied and pasted from Wiki, because I just wanted to simplify something because I went on another ramble: Elisa became half-African American and half-Native American, which suited the show's allegory of human intolerance for gargoyles representing racial prejudice. Her last name was changed to Maza, which the creators believed to be a Sioux word for "iron".

TWO minorites in one. You might remember her brother, Derek, who looked more black and then became, literally, a flying black panther.

738PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:46 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I wish Spazzy would have had a chance to prepare her thoughts on the subject.

Maybe Gargoyles deserves a re-visit. Very Happy

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

739PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:24 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Also, Spaced will be joining us for questions this week so if you have any questions for her send them our way! ;D

740PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:49 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I must now watch Gargoyles!!

I think we need to have a show on our favorite cartoons when we were kids.

741PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:50 pm

Dr Awkward

Dr Awkward
Pirate
Pirate

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:I must now watch Gargoyles!!

I think we need to have a show on our favorite cartoons when we were kids.

DO IT!! and I dont know your policy about having fans on the show but I would TOTALLY LOVE to be a panelist on that show Smile : )Smile

http://twitter.com/Juswise

742PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:58 pm

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't know... six people is already more than our networks (and sanity) can handle...

I can talk about cartoons for hours. Still love 'em, still watch 'em.

http://likeitderby.com

743PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:16 pm

jestghost

jestghost
Pirate
Pirate

Cartoons for life!

744PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:30 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Captain Painway wrote:I don't know... six people is already more than our networks (and sanity) can handle...

I know... I can't wait to see how this network handles this sunday given my home network lagged there at the end. Very Happy

745PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:34 pm

jestghost

jestghost
Pirate
Pirate

Sapphire Gypsy wrote:
Captain Painway wrote:I don't know... six people is already more than our networks (and sanity) can handle...

I know... I can't wait to see how this network handles this sunday given my home network lagged there at the end. Very Happy

You sounded great to me! I didn't hear any lag. You're the one to notice it.

746PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:47 pm

Captain Painway

Captain Painway
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

jestghost wrote:
Sapphire Gypsy wrote:

You sounded great to me! I didn't hear any lag. You're the one to notice it.
You weren't there for the 45 minutes of Skype tag we had to play to even get the show going. It was nuts. Everyone's internet was dropping like flies. shake my head

http://likeitderby.com

747PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:05 pm

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

When I was talking about Secret Diary of a Call Girl, it sounds on the recording like I'm cutting in on people... yeah it wasn't like that on my end. Very Happy

748PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:15 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Re: Gargoyles

1 - Lee and I will both back you up on your Gargoyle love Spazzy, and in fact I was texting Kristin and Mary nonstop as I was listening to you talk about it.

2 - When "doesn't feature minorities enough" Disney makes a show about a Native American female cop going toe-to-toe with the evil white billionaire, equality groups have to shut up a little.

7 - Kristin, you make me sad, dismissing them as "talking Gargoyles" specifically because, if this had been an anime, you would have a Gargoyles hoodie and cosplay as Elisa Maza every year. Instead, you won't even give the show a fair chance. Boo-urns!

Yeah, Jason thought from the sounds of it that I was actually interested in watching Gargoyles. FTN.

Pocahontas was enough for me. XD

Actually, if it was an anime, it would've been about Hachiko outside Shibuya station, and it would've been about an awesome talking dog statue. XD

Sorry, but when Gargoyles was on, I was too busy watching Freakazoid, Animaniacs, Dexter's Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, Arthur, AHH! Real Monsters, Angry Beavers, Doug, etc etc.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

749PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:40 pm

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Ska wrote:
Sorry, but when Gargoyles was on, I was too busy watching Freakazoid, Animaniacs, Dexter's Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, Arthur, AHH! Real Monsters, Angry Beavers, Doug, etc etc.
I watched all those too.
But I still had time for Gargoyles.
tongue

750PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 30 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:41 pm

Ska

Ska
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Astro13Zombie wrote:
Ska wrote:
I watched all those too.
But I still had time for Gargoyles.
tongue

Sorry, I must've been too busy at cheerleading camp.

http://www.myspace.com/kristinellenamarie

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum