Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

PCN Pop Princess Popcast!

+44
imacop
Dr Awkward
elijahdprophet
jestghost
ScarletW
shawnp
Jamesabels
Hannibal king
Steel Rose
AKA Brandon
Chi-Town Spidey
Big Poppa Nick
THALASTDRAGON
Juggalojohn
rwe1138
Denim
GigaToast
TENIME_art
shining knight
kidspider2099
Debaser77
MillionDollarGeek
G_Zatara
UltimateUltimacy
jfx316
BlueMaxx
C's Lady
MikeSabian
Rath99
Spazzy
Mnemosis
dmahoney
Ska
jaydee74
Spaced4SimonPegg
Joshua
Sapphire Gypsy
Silent K
Demonweasel
comicgeekelly
Captain Painway
krpykrwly
Lee
WonderWoman2.0
48 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 40]

751PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:29 am

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Mnemosis wrote:Re: Gargoyles

1 - Lee and I will both back you up on your Gargoyle love Spazzy, and in fact I was texting Kristin and Mary nonstop as I was listening to you talk about it.

2 - When "doesn't feature minorities enough" Disney makes a show about a Native American female cop going toe-to-toe with the evil white billionaire, equality groups have to shut up a little.

3 - Blending Shakespeare, every mythology you can imagine (just about), and Arthurian lore into one big smoothie of awesome is a recipe for success like none other

4 - Just like X-Men, one of the central themes of Gargoyles was always acceptance. I was a white kid growing up in one of the whitest towns in one of the whitest states in the union, so it's not like the broader application of these themes had any real meaning to me, but I was a socially awkward kid. I glommed on to any characters being persecuted for their differences, and then GOT the broader message as a result.

5 - Gargoyles also dealt deftly with issues of gun safety, literacy, family, honor, duty, abandonment, euthenasia, etc. etc. etc. It never felt as hamfisted as on other shows. This was likely due in part to the Gargoyles being so out of touch/old fashioned. They came from a time and place when reading WASN'T commonplace and guns DIDN'T exist. So to have them scoff at the necessity of literacy or be completely ignorant to the dangers of guns didn't seem even remotely ridiculous. It wasn't like the child actor saying "books are for sissies!" or "I didn't think it was loaded!"

6 - This show had some of the most badass character designs ever, not the least of which was the disembodied, half-torn apart Coyote head

7 - Kristin, you make me sad, dismissing them as "talking Gargoyles" specifically because, if this had been an anime, you would have a Gargoyles hoodie and cosplay as Elisa Maza every year. Instead, you won't even give the show a fair chance. Boo-urns!

BlueMaxx wrote:
Steampunk is gaining more and more fandom. I think it's kind of cool. Depending.

Way to take a stance.
PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Applause

752PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:54 am

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Congrats to Tito and Mike Sabian for the non-beauty pageant questions this week. Hopefully we'll see more like that this week. Wink

http://www.demonweasel.com

753PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:58 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

I'm kinda bummed I didn't make it to Dragon Con for the MST3K panel. That sucks that it was so poorly run, though. I wonder if it's that way every year.

754PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:39 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I enjoyed Rath and MikeSabian's questions Very Happy Although I think I answered Mike's question about the elseworlds wrong Laughing

755PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:34 pm

Joshua

Joshua
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I think something is broken, the show doesn't work from either the main site or from iTunes. I choose to blame Kerouac.

756PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:15 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I think something is broken, the show doesn't work from either the main site or from iTunes. I choose to blame Kerouac.

That's a safe bet

757PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:50 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:
Mnemosis wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:
Steampunk is gaining more and more fandom. I think it's kind of cool. Depending.

Way to take a stance.
scratch That's like enjoying anything, depending on whether it's in good form. neutral

But no, that needed applause. I guess.

^ "I guess? Way to take a stance. HAHAAHAHA!" < Thought I'd get it out of the way. Oh wait!
^ Can't not have that for the bajillionth time.

Laughing < Sincerely laughing now.

Told you, Spazzy. Everyone who has seen Gargoyles knows it's an incredible show.

758PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:00 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Whoops. Extended the bandwidth. Golly. lol!

759PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:43 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^Way to go Laughing shake my head

760PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:57 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My bad. Didn't mean for it to die.
PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Dexter_l

761PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:59 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Well at least we know who to blame Laughing

762PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:00 pm

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

dun dun dun

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

763PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:14 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Joshua wrote:I think something is broken, the show doesn't work from either the main site or from iTunes. I choose to blame Kerouac.

I'm having the same issue...LEEEE!! Fix it!!

764PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:56 am

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

You know if you'd downloaded it on Thursday you wouldn't have had this problem. Wink

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BerryFrostyDesigns

765PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:58 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sapphire Gypsy wrote:You know if you'd downloaded it on Thursday you wouldn't have had this problem. Wink

Tornado hit NYC knocked out my cable and internet

766PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:14 am

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

No excuses! Wink

767PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:19 am

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

**kicks dirt** Crying or Very sad

Wink

768PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:23 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Goliath would've stopped that tornado, but alas, he is fiction.
PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Goliath
"Join the Marines! Or the Army. How about the Navy?!"

Spazzy or somebody should do a Gargoyles casting. If it hasn't already been done.

769PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:10 am

pumkinheadfan

pumkinheadfan
Ninja
Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:I'm kinda bummed I didn't make it to Dragon Con for the MST3K panel. That sucks that it was so poorly run, though. I wonder if it's that way every year.
Same!

Another great show ladies! Very Happy

770PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:02 am

Spazzy

Spazzy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:Goliath would've stopped that tornado, but alas, he is fiction.
PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Goliath
"Join the Marines! Or the Army. How about the Navy?!"

Spazzy or somebody should do a Gargoyles casting. If it hasn't already been done.

ohhhhhhhhhh

i really want to watch Gargoyles now.. Like crazy whoa..

http://comixbookgurl.blogspot.com/

771PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:07 am

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:I'm kinda bummed I didn't make it to Dragon Con for the MST3K panel. That sucks that it was so poorly run, though. I wonder if it's that way every year.

I can tell you it's not poorly run, it's just laid back and everybody wants to have a good time.

772PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:38 am

Sapphire Gypsy

Sapphire Gypsy
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I know tons of people who go to D*con year after year. It's always one of their favorite cons.

I think when you know what to expect then it's less disappointing. It's a favorite of costumers because of the parade.

It's hard for me to talk about it because I've yet to go but I've heard lots of good about it.

773PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:24 pm

Rath99

Rath99
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Looking at my twitter feed a few professionals weren't happy with hot DCon was run. Not the first time I've heard this. I've never been to DCon so I can't say one way or another but it is a little distressing to hear negative news coming out of a con that a lot of fans enjoy. It seems like DCon is the cosplayers con.

774PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:59 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I endorse that you make it so.

775PCN Pop Princess Popcast! - Page 31 Empty Re: PCN Pop Princess Popcast! Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:01 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Tonight is Q&A!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum