Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters' Video Game Announced

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2010/07/23/green-lantern-rise-of-the-manhunters-video-game-announced/

Most casual comic fans are stoked about DC/Warner Bros. upcoming "Green Lantern" feature film, but the hardcore fans are already looking forward to the merchandise -- in other words, when are we getting action figures, assorted gear and, the mother of all tie-ins, the video game?

Well, the wait -- and it was certainly a short one at that -- is over, Lantern fans, as DC and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment have announced the first ever Green Lantern video game, "Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters."

Inspired by the upcoming film staring that dreamy Ryan Reynolds fella, players will wield the Green Lantern Power Ring as Hal Jordan (looks like you're stuck with "Batman: The Brave and the Bold," Guy Gardner fans) and take flight across the universe, battling against horrible alien menaces while restoring order to farthest reaches of space.

Produced by Double Helix, "Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters" is set to hit all major consoles and the Nintendo DS next summer, most likely coinciding with the feature film and hot summer days where all anyone wants to do is stay inside an air conditioned room and mash buttons.

'Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters' Video Game Announced Glvideogamefull

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

What bothers me is how it is linked to the movie, which means it may suck horribly. They should take a note from Arkham Asylum and use the movie merely as a means to draw attention to the game.

Nymn

Nymn
Pirate
Pirate

I'm leery, since a lot of video games based on comics/movies are pretty bad. Still, I'll give it a rent on the off chance that it's actually a fun game.

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I'm excited for a GL game, but being tied to the movie does worry me.

I'd LOVE it if they came out with a Sinestro Corps War video game, and eventually a Blackest Night game. I know it'll probably never happen, but I can dream.

BigSoupCan

BigSoupCan
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty wrote:What bothers me is how it is linked to the movie, which means it may suck horribly. They should take a note from Arkham Asylum and use the movie merely as a means to draw attention to the game.

Yeah, but even if it sucks I'll still probibly play it. Who's developing?

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/?sk=nf

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am weary because it's tied into the movie but it's a Green Lantern video game. I've been waiting my entire life for a Green Lantern video game. It's not the Green Lantern video game that I dream of but I am still completely jazzed.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum