Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joe the Barbarian movie

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Joe the Barbarian movie Empty Joe the Barbarian movie Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:56 pm

Foreigner_Man

Foreigner_Man
Ninja
Ninja

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2010/07/exclusive-joe-the-barbarian-film-adaptation-in-the-works/
Grab your sword and check your blood sugar: Writer Grant Morrison has informed Robot 6 exclusively that a feature film version of Joe the Barbarian is now in development with Thunder Road Pictures, producers of this year's Clash of the Titans remake. "Thunder Road just called me today and said we can officially announce it, so I'm quite happy about that," Morrison says, though he himself won't be writing the screenplay.

Launched in January, Joe the Barbarian is an eight-issue DC/Vertigo miniseries written by Morrison and illustrated by Sean Murphy. In its pages, a diabetic teenager named Joe is drawn into a fantasy world populated in part by his toys and his pet rat, where he discovers he is the long-prophesied "Dying Boy" who must save the world from the sinister King Death -- while in the real world, home alone and delirious from diabetic shock, he struggles to stay alive. A hardcover collection of the acclaimed series is slated for a February 2011 release.

This is the third Morrison movie project announced in as many days: Morrison is writing the independent film Sinatoro for director Adam Egypt Mortimer, while Warner Bros. is planning an animated adaptation of Morrison and Frank Quitely's Eisner Award-winning series All-Star Superman, written by Justice League Unlimited's Dwayne McDuffie.

Haven't read the book yet, but I hear it's good. Your thoughts?

2Joe the Barbarian movie Empty Re: Joe the Barbarian movie Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:11 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

The book's really cool...I highly recommend it. I'd almost like to see Joe The Barbarian as an old-school rotoscoped animated movie, but that's probably a long shot.

3Joe the Barbarian movie Empty Re: Joe the Barbarian movie Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:19 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Can't wait.

4Joe the Barbarian movie Empty Re: Joe the Barbarian movie Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:06 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I am so jazzed for this.

5Joe the Barbarian movie Empty Re: Joe the Barbarian movie Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:20 pm

Jherek

Jherek
Pirate
Pirate

I can see it working well as a movie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum