Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iron Fist: The Movie

+14
riv1
MikeSabian
jaydee74
Batman25JM
Administrator
Combo Mo
tstrike99
comicgeekelly
Bigtymin504
Sandman
DickGrayson007
BlueMaxx
Paroxysm
Denim
18 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Iron Fist: The Movie Empty Iron Fist: The Movie Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:38 pm

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I don't know what makes me happier, the fact that they are making a movie based on an extremly lower tier character or the fact that they annouced a writer of it before an actor (which seems to be becoming something rare in Hollyweird)

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/08/25/marvel-signs-xxx-screenwriter-for-iron-fist/

I happend to have liked XXX so I am a bit looking forward to this.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

2Iron Fist: The Movie Empty Re: Iron Fist: The Movie Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:43 pm

Paroxysm

Paroxysm
Zombie
Zombie

Denim wrote:I don't know what makes me happier, the fact that they are making a movie based on an extremly lower tier character or the fact that they annouced a writer of it before an actor (which seems to be becoming something rare in Hollyweird)

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2010/08/25/marvel-signs-xxx-screenwriter-for-iron-fist/

Can’t say I’m excited by this. There’s a reason why Marvel has gone bust in the past – as soon as you get outside their mainstream characters, nobody really gives a damn. A few niche comic fans aren’t enough to open a movie – just look at Scott Pilgrim and Jonah Hex. Disney is soon going to realize that buying Marvel was a great deal: for Marvel.

https://www.facebook.com/people/Matt-Marshall/679612060#!/profile

3Iron Fist: The Movie Empty Re: Iron Fist: The Movie Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:42 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

So, no word on who's to play Danny Rand?

4Iron Fist: The Movie Empty Re: Iron Fist: The Movie Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:48 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

I don't care who they get I just want a kickass kung-fu movie.

5Iron Fist: The Movie Empty Re: Iron Fist: The Movie Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:51 pm

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

Paroxysm wrote:
Denim wrote:I don't know what makes me happier, the fact that they are making a movie based on an extremly lower tier character or the fact that they annouced a writer of it before an actor (which seems to be becoming something rare in Hollyweird)

Can’t say I’m excited by this. There’s a reason why Marvel has gone bust in the past – as soon as you get outside their mainstream characters, nobody really gives a damn. A few niche comic fans aren’t enough to open a movie – just look at Scott Pilgrim and Jonah Hex. Disney is soon going to realize that buying Marvel was a great deal: for Marvel.

it all deends on how it is handled. no one really knew about Blade in the main stream and that did really well. Jonah Hex just looked like shit and was treated as a joke. Scott Pilgrim....just looks "weird" to non comic fans. if they treat this like an actual Kung Fu Movie first and formost, it could work

6Iron Fist: The Movie Empty Re: Iron Fist: The Movie Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:53 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Sweet! Will be interesting to see if/how this will fit into the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Paroxysm wrote:Can’t say I’m excited by this. There’s a reason why Marvel has gone bust in the past – as soon as you get outside their mainstream characters, nobody really gives a damn. A few niche comic fans aren’t enough to open a movie – just look at Scott Pilgrim and Jonah Hex. Disney is soon going to realize that buying Marvel was a great deal: for Marvel.

Well I'm not sure how "mainstream" Iron Man was either before the movie came out. Outside of the comic fan community, he wasn't very well known by regular folk. It wasn't until the film came out in 2008 that Iron Man became a household name. There's no reason why Iron Fist can't be a success if done right. Not necessarily by Iron Man standards, but a success in its own right.

7Iron Fist: The Movie Empty Re: Iron Fist: The Movie Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:56 pm

Bigtymin504

Bigtymin504
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My choice: Charlie Hunnam (Sons of Anarchy) for Danny Rand!

Iron Fist: The Movie Charlie%20hunnam%20iron%20fist

8Iron Fist: The Movie Empty Re: Iron Fist: The Movie Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:35 pm

comicgeekelly

comicgeekelly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^ I think that casting could work.

I'm excited for this movie. I want me some kung-fu fighting!

9Iron Fist: The Movie Empty Re: Iron Fist: The Movie Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:23 am

tstrike99

tstrike99
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

it has potential. especially as a martial arts flick

10Iron Fist: The Movie Empty Re: Iron Fist: The Movie Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:25 am

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

My choice: Ryan Kwanten (True Blood)

Iron Fist: The Movie Ryan_kwanten

11Iron Fist: The Movie Empty Re: Iron Fist: The Movie Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:28 am

Administrator

Administrator
Administrator

xXx was all about the visuals and didn't have much of a story, so the writer signing news don't excite me at all.

Paroxysm wrote:
I highly disagree. They could either take a big bet like they did with Iron Man and get a huge hit or they could just make small budget movies in attempt to expand the Marvel movie brand without taking high risks, which seems to be what the company is planning anyway. If we get a good Iron Fist or Dr. Strange movies along the way, why not? If they're crappy, no one would remember them when The Avengers comes out and cover Marvel's expanses.

https://panelsonpages2009.forumotion.com

12Iron Fist: The Movie Empty Re: Iron Fist: The Movie Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:39 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

DickGrayson007 wrote:I don't care who they get I just want a kickass kung-fu movie.
Wonder whatever happened to Shang Chi: Master of Kung Fu? Trash-canned?

13Iron Fist: The Movie Empty Re: Iron Fist: The Movie Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:11 am

Batman25JM

Batman25JM
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The fact that they are doing an Iron Fist movie thrills me. I LOVE Iron Fist. However, the fact that it's being written by the writer of XXX worries me. I HATED XXX.

14Iron Fist: The Movie Empty Re: Iron Fist: The Movie Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:47 am

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Paroxysm wrote:

I liked the first XxX. I thought it was a pretty interesting movie and I am not a total Vin Diesel hater.

I think comparing this to Jonah Hex and Scott Pilgrim is not really fair. Jonah Hex was bad because it added to much supernatural bullshit to the movie to make instead of making it a gritty western. That and Megan Fox made it crap. Scott Pilgrim was amazing. It just didn't get a fair shot in my opinion. I think done well, an Iron Fist movie will do well. Who doesn't like martial arts action?

15Iron Fist: The Movie Empty Re: Iron Fist: The Movie Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:42 am

MikeSabian

MikeSabian
Ninja
Ninja

Never saw XXX so I couldn't really comment, but the idea of an Iron Fist movie is really exciting

16Iron Fist: The Movie Empty Re: Iron Fist: The Movie Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:14 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The fact that they're doing an Iron fist AND Powerman movie makes me happy. They were my fave buddy duo growing up, beaten out only by Blue & Gold in later years.

17Iron Fist: The Movie Empty Re: Iron Fist: The Movie Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:20 pm

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

could be good if done well. I enjoyed the first XXX movie so I'm game.

18Iron Fist: The Movie Empty Re: Iron Fist: The Movie Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:56 pm

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Same here.

19Iron Fist: The Movie Empty Re: Iron Fist: The Movie Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:56 pm

Hannibal king

Hannibal king
Zombie
Zombie

DickGrayson007 wrote:I don't care who they get I just want a kickass kung-fu movie.

"The Last Dragon"

Iron Fist is an intriguing choice for a movie though. HOpe it's well written.

20Iron Fist: The Movie Empty Re: Iron Fist: The Movie Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:03 pm

goatt

goatt
Pirate
Pirate

The correct answer for the casting connundrum is.......... drumroll please............ ME! muwuhahahahahaha

21Iron Fist: The Movie Empty Re: Iron Fist: The Movie Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:57 am

Parallax_48

Parallax_48
Cadet
Cadet

All they have to do is adapt Brubaker and Fraction's storyline and it would awesome.

Not too different from Mortal Kombat, but a "tiny" bit more grounded in reality. Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum