Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are Batman Begins and Iron Man the same movie?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

breatheasy

breatheasy
Cadet
Cadet

So funny and ironic in so many ways! LOL!

Of course, this hugely simplifies the narratives of both pictures, but it made me laugh anyway. Besides, most comic nerds know that Iron Man was at least partially created as a Marvel Comics variation on Batman, so the similarities shouldn't be too surprising. Still, it does remind me why Batman Begins was such a favorite of mine while Iron Man left me relatively unmoved. The biggest difference is the momentum of the second act of each respective picture. Bruce Wayne returns to Gotham with a specific plan and specific goals, while Tony Stark just builds a suit and twiddles his thumbs until circumstance demands action. Plus, the two characters are polar opposites. Bruce Wayne is a morally decent man who pretends who be an obnoxious, entitled jackass. Tony Stark is an actual obnoxious, entitled jackass who tries to convince himself that he's a good man without really changing. To be fair, there are hints that Iron Man 2 will deal with this specific character flaw head-on, which will go a long way in redeeming what I've always felt was a vastly overrated male escapist fantasy. Or you could just ignore all my rantings and just enjoy the video.

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Oh, wow. I knew the premises of the comics were really similar, but the first movies are pretty identical with the themes.

ChrisToPhenom

Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

This is a very nice find!

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

awesome

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

colossus1979

colossus1979
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

they even have some of the same underlying sub plots in them if you read into it enough the underlying path they have set themselves on....like bruce knowing he has to act a certian way but "it's not who i am,but what i do that defines me." and tony going all super nobel for ten seconds saying "i shouldn't be alive,not unless it was for a reason. i'm not crazy,i just know what it is i have to do.".....deep stuff

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum