Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best 80's Horror Movie

+22
jaydee74
Demonweasel
TENIME_art
jestghost
krpykrwly
Denim
superdoug
Combo Mo
CherriesJubilee
DickGrayson007
Astro13Zombie
LordD3r3k
Spaced4SimonPegg
prescribeddrone
Parallax_48
melvinlikechris
BlueMaxx
G_Zatara
Gojiratoho
supervenom
Debaser77
Xman00aoa
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:24 pm

CherriesJubilee

CherriesJubilee
Pirate
Pirate

Astro13Zombie wrote:All of them.
80's horror FTMFW!
wub

BlueMaxx wrote:^ I may agree. 80s was arguably the best decade for horror. Slashers, creature features, ghost flicks, zombie movies, and the "Universal" monsters were at there strongest.

Yes. AND there were none of those creepy ass effects like in The Ring, The Grudge, etc

27Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:43 pm

Combo Mo

Combo Mo
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Spaced4SimonPegg wrote:Christine
The Hitcher

These are my two favorites from the 80's.

28Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:29 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

The scariest movie of the 80s for me, hands down, was the movie The Horror Show, starring Lance Henriksen. I -still- have never finished that movie because I can't make it through the first twenty minutes without almost wetting my pants. People mistakenly believe it was part of the House series, but it was only House 3 in Australia.

The Horror Show. Still scares the absolute piss out of me today.

29Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:40 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Never heard of it. Lance Henrikson, though. I might actually have remembered you bringing this up before. I'll look for it if I remember to.

CherriesJubilee wrote:
Yes. AND there were none of those creepy ass effects like in The Ring, The Grudge, etc
Very true. No cheap ass music or sound effect shrieks to make you jump. Pure balls-to-the-wall terror tinglers.

30Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:44 am

Denim

Denim
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Technically, these two movies are from the 70's, but I saw them in the very early 80's due to my parents wanting to traumatize me when they first got a vcr. Thank you mom and dad for fucking up my head back with:

The Excorcist: I still to this day can not sit through this movie

The Evil Dead: I love the second one, I love Army of Darkness, but as soonas I see that tree start to move in this, I have to walk away or change the channel.

Now for some 80's fun:

The Amyitiville Horror: My parents decieded to have me see this a week before we moved into a new house, which had a room in the basement that was red. Again, thank you mom and dad.

One Dark Night: Only saw this once, I was 11. My sister was supposed to take me to see "The Last Unicorn" which she did, she failed to tell my mom that the two movies after that was Creepshow and One Dark Night. I didnt sleep for a week. My sister got into a lot of trouble, so it was kind of worth seeing her get grounded for the week I could not sleep.

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#/theusernameiwantedformyprofile

31Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:49 am

Xman00aoa

Xman00aoa
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Man I wish I had a sister, or didnt grow up in the woods of SC. I watched most of my horror movies of VHS, would have loved to see some of these in the theater

The Ring I enjoyed a little too much, when the sequel came out I was working as a projectionist and when Samara shows up in the trailer I fell out of the window, stupid Ben Affleck movie

So this my doom my existence on this board so Im gonna throw this one out

I liked the Blair Witch Project

32Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:27 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Xman00aoa wrote:

As did I, though I doubt it would have the same effect if I watched it again.

33Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:08 pm

krpykrwly

krpykrwly
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Many of my other favorites are on other's lists...
Night of the Demons
The Gate
Night of the Comet
The Entity
The Burning
Poltergeist
Silver Bullet
Pet Semetary
Dark Night of the Scarecrow
Children of the Corn
Dolls
House II: The Second Story
Trick or Treat
Videodrome
The Thing

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?ref=profile&

34Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:53 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^^^ I forget to list Pet Semetary, Silver Bullet, Children of the Corn and Poltergeist...classics.

I actually met Miko who played Gage in Pet Semetary he is a pretty cool guy.

On the subject of Cannibal Holocaust I haven't seen it and have no desire the director was at Horrorhound one year but hardly anyone was at his table. On the horror board I am on there are several people with the cover of Cannibal Holocaust tattooed on their arm Shocked I told one guy he would have trouble getting a girlfriend with that tat..he got a bit pissy with me about that Laughing

35Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:11 pm

Xman00aoa

Xman00aoa
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

OMG I have the movie everyone must see

Soultaker-The lead actress in this flick wrote the movie its 80's bad

36Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:23 pm

jestghost

jestghost
Pirate
Pirate

House by the Cemetery
Tenebre
The Silent Scream
City of the Living Dead
The Beyond
New York Ripper
Prom Night
The Prowler
Sleepaway Camp movies
Stagefright (Michele Soavi one) Not Alfred Hitchcock one.
Demons and Demons 2
Return of the Living Dead
Phenomena
Inferno
Bad Taste
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Psychos in Love
Creepshow
Burial Ground: The Nights of Terror
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2
Dead & Buried
The Fog
Hello Mary Lou: Prom Night 2
Opera
Maniac
Maniac Cop
April Fool's Day

37Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:34 pm

TENIME_art

TENIME_art
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

April Fool's Day.

38Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:13 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

Have any of you seen Pieces?

39Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:18 am

jestghost

jestghost
Pirate
Pirate

DickGrayson007 wrote:Have any of you seen Pieces?

I've seen it only like once or twice.

40Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:26 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Xman00aoa wrote:
Me too.

Debaser77 wrote:
As did I, though I doubt it would have the same effect if I watched it again.
Ive seen it a few times.
Still find it just as entertaining.
Maybe not as scary as it was when I was ten.
But this part still creeps me out a little.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxcdGgy9i_I

41Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:38 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I've always been fond of the Slumber Party Massacre series. Especially the second which makes sense what so ever.

There was also a lovely little gem called "Stuff Stephanie in the Incinerator" that we watched in my youth. Good times with terrible movies...

http://www.demonweasel.com

42Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:49 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Xman00aoa wrote:My number one will always be Nightmare on Elm St 3: Dream Warriors
I've always liked that one as well. Something about it just felt cool.

G_Zatara wrote:Thriller.
G_Zatara wrote:Okay, I know it's not really a movie, but it felt like it. Scared the crap out of me.
That video gave me nightmares as well.

Parallax_48 wrote:The Lost Boys.
So classic.

Some of the movies I liked include:
Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 4_midi
Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Friday13th3
Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Fright-night
Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Creepshow2poster

43Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:17 pm

Xman00aoa

Xman00aoa
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Was it creepshow 2 that had Leslie Nelson in it?

Oh Deadly Friend, how I forgot about you....still makes me want to build a robot girl tho

44Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:29 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I used to replay this scene in slow motion all the time. Looking back, that's a bit disturbed but whatever. Still, great scene:

45Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:23 pm

(._Y_.)

(._Y_.)
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

HAHAHA AWESOME!

46Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:28 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Xman00aoa wrote:Was it creepshow 2 that had Leslie Nelson in it?

Oh Deadly Friend, how I forgot about you....still makes me want to build a robot girl tho

I don't think Leslie Nelson was in Creep Show 2:

47Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:54 pm

jestghost

jestghost
Pirate
Pirate

Leslie Nelson was in the first Creepshow.

48Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:27 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Deadly Friend wins. As does Monkey Shines (where the quadriplegic fights off his murderous helper monkey) and the Puppet Master series.

49Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:29 pm

Xman00aoa

Xman00aoa
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

That old woman was totally ms fratelli

50Best 80's Horror Movie - Page 2 Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:32 pm

Demonweasel

Demonweasel
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Xman00aoa wrote:That old woman was totally ms fratelli

Yeah, and that's why you don't fuck with the Goonies.

Goonies never die, they just send their zombie robot girlfriend after you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum