Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best 80's Horror Movie

+22
jaydee74
Demonweasel
TENIME_art
jestghost
krpykrwly
Denim
superdoug
Combo Mo
CherriesJubilee
DickGrayson007
Astro13Zombie
LordD3r3k
Spaced4SimonPegg
prescribeddrone
Parallax_48
melvinlikechris
BlueMaxx
G_Zatara
Gojiratoho
supervenom
Debaser77
Xman00aoa
26 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Best 80's Horror Movie Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:42 am

Xman00aoa

Xman00aoa
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

If you knew me in irl, you would know that I have a love of bad movies, ask Gavin, he did go and seen the Dragonball movie in the theaters with me....I still have scars

I have an even bigger love for bad horror movies, and the stuff coming out now still cant hold a candle to the movies from the 80's

With that being said, I open the floor to you

My number one will always be Nightmare on Elm St 3: Dream Warriors

2Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:45 am

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

John Carpenter's remake of The Thing is up there for me.

3Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:48 am

Xman00aoa

Xman00aoa
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Anything with Kurt Russell normally is good

4Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:30 am

supervenom

supervenom
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

From Beyond
Night of the Creeps
Prince of darkness
John Carpenter's the Thing
the Blob
Puppetmaster

5Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:51 am

Gojiratoho

Gojiratoho
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Miracle Mile scared the hell out of me as a kid.

Also, Debaser, you're sig pic made me laugh out loud.

6Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:56 am

Xman00aoa

Xman00aoa
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Oh yea forgot about night of the creeps, it has Bubba from Mama's Family

7Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:17 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Thriller.

8Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:18 pm

G_Zatara

G_Zatara
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Okay, I know it's not really a movie, but it felt like it. Scared the crap out of me.

9Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:50 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Evil Dead 2, and Evil Dead too.
The Howling
Friday the 13th Part IV: Jason Lives (Super-zombie Jason!)

10Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:40 pm

melvinlikechris

melvinlikechris
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BlueMaxx wrote:
Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (Super-zombie Jason!)

Fixed! (sorry, that was a dick move)

Day of the Dead
Re-Animator
Evil Dead 2
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter
The Lost Boys
Creepshow
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors
The Thing
Opera
Tenebrae
Near Dark

I could go on and on

11Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:21 pm

Xman00aoa

Xman00aoa
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Oh no man Friday The 13th VIII: Jason Takes Manhatten is by far the best of the series, that opening song during the credits you can totally see yourself driving at night

12Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:48 pm

Parallax_48

Parallax_48
Cadet
Cadet

The Lost Boys.

13Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:37 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

Return of the Living Dead is another gem.

Gojiratoho wrote:
Also, Debaser, you're sig pic made me laugh out loud.

Laughing The wife and I rediscovered Pete & Pete on DVD this weekend...I love Artie!

14Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:12 pm

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Hellraiser 1 and 2
A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors

15Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:50 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

melvinlikechris wrote:
BlueMaxx wrote:
Friday the 13th Part VI: Jason Lives (Super-zombie Jason!)

Fixed! (sorry, that was a dick move)

The Lost Boys
Near Dark

Those two are great. Best not to see back to back, being that they're kind of similar, but Near Dark beat Lost Boys by a year or so, and it's overshadowed by Lost Boys. Given, it didn't have the Frog Bros. ;P

And it's cool. Didn't even notice I messed the Roman numeral up.

Xman00aoa wrote:Oh no man Friday The 13th VIII: Jason Takes Manhatten is by far the best of the series, that opening song during the credits you can totally see yourself driving at night
Not to be a downer, but that's the most reviled by fans. What the heck was with that ending.
Spoiler:

16Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:12 pm

Spaced4SimonPegg

Spaced4SimonPegg
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Cujo
The Lost Boys
Predator
Halloween II
Creepshow
Fright Night
The Howling
The Thing
Christine
Hellraiser
The Twilight Zone
The Hitcher
Near Dark

17Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sun Aug 29, 2010 12:41 am

prescribeddrone

prescribeddrone
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Santa Sangre!

A Mexican-Italian surrealist horror film.

WATCH IT! PLEASE! It's Amazing!

18Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:33 am

LordD3r3k

LordD3r3k
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

IIRC, Phantasm was kinda creepy

19Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:37 am

Astro13Zombie

Astro13Zombie
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

All of them.
80's horror FTMFW!
wub

20Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:01 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I may agree. 80s was arguably the best decade for horror. Slashers, creature features, ghost flicks, zombie movies, and the "Universal" monsters were at there strongest.

21Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:22 am

Xman00aoa

Xman00aoa
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

I agree the 80's had the best of the best of horror movies

As for Friday the 13th VIII it is by far the worst of the series but as much as I like Jason X it is still better than Jason X,

Watched Cannibal Holocaust again last night. Movie still really disturbs me

22Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:53 pm

DickGrayson007

DickGrayson007
Pirate
Pirate

Friday The 13th part 6 is my favorite of the series but part 5 I liked cause it was so damn cheesy and funny. As far as NOES goes my favorite is part 2. I also liked Silent Night, Deadly Night parts 1&2, Evil Dead 2 and Fright Night.

23Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:55 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ I enjoyed the Fright Nights.

Xman00aoa wrote:I agree the 80's had the best of the best of horror movies

As for Friday the 13th VIII it is by far the worst of the series but as much as I like Jason X it is still better than Jason X,

Watched Cannibal Holocaust again last night. Movie still really disturbs me
Really want to see Cannibal Holocaust. For its time it comes off as pretty graphic even for today's standars. The stills make my bowels hurt like when I first saw Saw or Hostel for the first time.

I enjoyed Jason X for poking fun at itself. Not just the franchise, but the pulpy ass "in space" theme it had going for it.

24Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:00 pm

Xman00aoa

Xman00aoa
Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

Oh Cannibal Holocaust is a rough flick still, I think its still banned in Italy.

I recently watched Silent Night and laughed my ass off

You gotta love someone yelling NAUGHTY at you before they kill you

25Best 80's Horror Movie Empty Re: Best 80's Horror Movie Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:50 pm

Debaser77

Debaser77

I watched David Cronenberg's remake of The Fly last night. That movie hasn't lost any of its creepiness at all. So well done!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum