Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hero, a novel

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hero, a novel Empty Hero, a novel Fri May 08, 2009 2:29 am

The book is by Perry Moore. If you haven't heard of him then you might know of his work. He produced the C.S. Lewis novel The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe.

To briefly touch base about what the book is about without actually spoiling it for you it is about a high school kid named Thom. Who discovers he has super powers. No big deal right? Well his father was one of the most beloved superheros until a terrible accident left him disfigured and disowned by the Super League. So Thom hides this from his father amongst many other secrets. You get to follow Thom around as he discovers who he is and deals with growing up. Along the way you join up with a team of misfit superhero wannabes and find out their back stories along the way.
This book is a quick read but I should warn you before picking it up if you have an issue with homosexuality this book is probably not for you. Perry Moore decided to write Hero because he didn't like how gay characters are being portrayed in super hero comics. He wanted to put a positive spin on the character and define the Thom for who he is not his sexual orientation. It is a coming of age book that really incorporates the super hero aspect throughout the book. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did. If you aren't that into reading, I hear that Showtime plans on turning Hero into a show.

2Hero, a novel Empty Re: Hero, a novel Fri May 08, 2009 7:26 am

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

That sounds interesting.

3Hero, a novel Empty Re: Hero, a novel Sat May 09, 2009 1:50 am

Esbat

Esbat
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

I gotta agree, I gotta see if B. Daltons or the library carries this.

http://realityfugitives.com/

4Hero, a novel Empty Re: Hero, a novel Sat May 09, 2009 2:28 am

superdoug

superdoug
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

It's been on my must-read list for a long time. I just need to track it down.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum