Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is the most Heroic Hero?

+3
alucardbarnivous
BlueMaxx
Sandman
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Who is the most Heroic Hero? Empty Who is the most Heroic Hero? Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:06 am

Sandman

Sandman
Ninja
Ninja

So I am subbing right now and as I look on the board there are two essential questions writtin on it. They are questions to provoke thought on "The Odyssey" I of course thought of Comic books when I read them. They are

1. What is a Hero?
2. What attributes does a hero possess?

So I got thinking, who is the most heroic hero? How do I myself define a hero? I will put in my 2 cents later, as I said I am subbing at the monent and I have to stop one kid from putting another in a head lock...

2Who is the most Heroic Hero? Empty Re: Who is the most Heroic Hero? Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:18 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

In my personal opinion, define hero. Hm.

A sentient being (Living thing that is self-aware of being and others being.) that, despite their own will of preservation, their emotions (fear, anger, etc.) and/or their intelligence telling them contrary to what is easier, safer, and/or logical, they will stand in the face of adversity for others. Fight against cruelty, injustice, malice, inhumanity, any wrongs towards innocence or those undeserving of such acts--all because of the state of empathy.

Who do I view as the most heroic hero in comicbooks? That incredibly difficult to judge, being that it is so subjective. Many will say Spider-Man. This is a person who, against his will, will follow his good nature, even though the world makes sure it takes its daily shit in his mask before he puts it on. Some will say Xavier. A man who could change the minds of others across the world in an instant to create a paradisiacal, unified Earth chooses not to for the sake of the dignity, allowance of maturity and wisdom, and the right to be for others. He knows he has no right to invade someone's mind like that, so he takes the right path. Because, as anyone can tell you, the right way is always the most difficult.

3Who is the most Heroic Hero? Empty Re: Who is the most Heroic Hero? Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:28 am

alucardbarnivous

alucardbarnivous
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

A hero is someone who is selfless, empathetic, risks everything to help others without reward, and who does the right thing even though it's often also the hardest thing. I'd have to think about who fits all of this best.

http://blog.myspace.com/alucardbarnivous

4Who is the most Heroic Hero? Empty Re: Who is the most Heroic Hero? Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:31 am

The Ignored One

The Ignored One
Zombie
Zombie

I think that a hero needs to be selfless, unflappable, and have conviction that he is doing the right thing. There are a few that fit the bill, but really three come to mind.

1. Silver Surfer. This guy sacrificed himself to save his home planet. When he thought that the most powerful being he had come across was wrong he stood up to him and fought.

2. Captain America. He fights for his ideals everyday of his life. He doesn't just fight bad guys, he sees a problem in front of him, and the guy tackles it. Whether it's on a street corner or in his own government, Captain America is going to fight for what he sees as right.

3. Superman. Supes is Cap lite.

http://entertainmentdeficitdisorder.wordpress.com/

5Who is the most Heroic Hero? Empty Re: Who is the most Heroic Hero? Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:00 am

shark6495

shark6495
Zombie Pirate
Zombie Pirate

I always thought of a hero as a person who no matter what does whats best for the entire world and not for himself. The hero is usually marred in tragedy, where doing the wrong thing would make his/her personal life perfect, they have bad things happen to them yet do not take the path of tragedy and revenge but take the path of helping the world.
My list of the top heroes

1. Spiderman - same reasons as Blue's description. The guy just continually helps save New York even if everyone, heroes/villain/civilians, hate him for some reason or another.

2. Batman - Man had a personal tragedy but instead of turning his back against the world he has taken it as his job to protect his city. He even goes as far as to tarnish his personal, Bruce Wayne's, reputation to keep Batman what he is.

3. Superman - Outcast of society and has continuously kept his "powers" in check to keep himself, as Clark Kent, from taking advantage of the world. He has "died" for his adopted home.

There may be a few others, but these are the three I think best show self sacrafice

http://whiskeytangofoxtrott.blogspot.com/

6Who is the most Heroic Hero? Empty Re: Who is the most Heroic Hero? Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:06 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

alucardbarnivous wrote:A hero is someone who is selfless, empathetic, risks everything to help others without reward, and who does the right thing even though it's often also the hardest thing. I'd have to think about who fits all of this best.

Yes. I would say those that fit that mold would include:

Superman
Captain America
Spider-Man (great power, great responsibility)
Dick Grayson (whether you look at his years as Robin, Nightwing or Batman)
The Flash (either Jay Garrick, Wally West or Barry Allen)

7Who is the most Heroic Hero? Empty Re: Who is the most Heroic Hero? Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:18 am

BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

What is a hero?

Who is the most Heroic Hero? Krypto

Nuff Said

8Who is the most Heroic Hero? Empty Re: Who is the most Heroic Hero? Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:21 am

Cannon Fodder
Cannon Fodder

BlueMaxx wrote: Some will say Xavier. A man who could change the minds of others across the world in an instant to create a paradisiacal, unified Earth chooses not to for the sake of the dignity, allowance of maturity and wisdom, and the right to be for others. He knows he has no right to invade someone's mind like that, so he takes the right path. Because, as anyone can tell you, the right way is always the most difficult.

With all the skeletons in his closet I don't think anyone would say Xavier.

9Who is the most Heroic Hero? Empty Re: Who is the most Heroic Hero? Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:17 pm

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

^ Oh, that's right. Writers fucked up Xavier's good graces for the sake of a mediocre storyline. What a waste.

alucardbarnivous wrote:A hero is someone who is selfless, empathetic, risks everything to help others without reward, and who does the right thing even though it's often also the hardest thing. I'd have to think about who fits all of this best.
You basically said what I said. hmm Laughing

10Who is the most Heroic Hero? Empty Re: Who is the most Heroic Hero? Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:20 pm

jaydee74

jaydee74
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

BrodieBruce_BlaculaHunter wrote:What is a hero?

Who is the most Heroic Hero? Krypto

Nuff Said
He's a good dog. thumbs up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum