Panels on Pages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Panels on Pages Forums are dead... Long live the Panels on Pages Forums! Go to forums.panelsonpages.com to rejoin the PoP!ulation and check out PoP! 2.0

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you buy a comic about a Taliban Hero?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Like a modern day Enemy Ace concept....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enemy_Ace

Specifically...

As a World War I pilot flying for the Germans, his stories told the German side of the war, in which Hans von Hammer was a man of honor and chivalry, a flying knight in his Fokker Dr.I, but he was haunted by his duties and the constant death surrounding them.[1]

hrdwrkngXsoldier

hrdwrkngXsoldier
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Shouldn't we just hunt down the creators and kill them? Wait that was the threats Trey Parker and Matt Stone got for Southpark.

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

Only if the cover of the first issue featured Mohammed with a Jet Pack.

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty

Dr. Wade Fucking McNasty
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Debaser77 wrote:Only if the cover of the first issue featured Mohammed with a Jet Pack.

Laughing

But mostly no. If it wasn't some glorification but "this is what happened" type story, then maybe, but in the end, I feel the story would be one from the vantage point of a madman which may be interesting, but an odd one nonetheless and hard to swallow (then again, I liked All-Star Batman....*rimshot).

BlueMaxx

BlueMaxx
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Never read Enemy Ace, not a war comic, or genre, fan, but if it was a humanization piece. Showing ignorance and misunderstanding, the greed of a nation's leaders, a culture's religion, and how that can take a human-being down that path. Bringing up the gray of the concepts of right and wrong, good and evil--that could actually be very interesting. May even relieve stresses due to our own misunderstanding of the culture.

As far as glamorizing? Of course not. Not even our war comics from our countries POV glamorize in the sense of sensationalism of battle; propaganda. Well, not anymore. Showing that there are only costs of war is and will always be the reality of war.

I honestly would only be all ears when or if acclaim was given by readers. Again, just not my subject. But who doesn't like a good human-interest story. Even the ones that make people uncomfortable by portraying the villain or, possibly, "villain."

Debaser77

Debaser77
Moderator / Monkey Gone To Heaven

It would definitely be an interesting take on the current War on Terror, from a unique perspective. I'm sure the extreme Right would think it was the work of Satan, though.

riv1

riv1
Zombie Ninja
Zombie Ninja

Interesting (and funny) responses. Thanks, guys!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum